The Marmara Taksim
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$452
US$263
US$151
US$113
  • Pool
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$121
Agoda.com
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$59
Ramada Encore Istanbul Airport(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$73
Ottoman Hotel Imperial(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$517
US$360
Travelocity
Neorion Hotel(Istanbul)
US$133
US$123
Agoda.com
1,353 results
All reviewsclub roomistiklal streetexcellent locationcity viewmetro stationtop floornice hotelgolden hornhouse keepingcentral locationbusiness tripturkeymini barspecial thanksgalata towerold cityblue mosque
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed in the Marmara Taksim Hotel a couple of times and each time it was a disappointment. In my recent visit in April, we traveled as group from New York. I wanted to reserve this hotel due to its location and prestige but I was wrong. The check-in process was cumbersome and not very welcoming, then I decided to offer my American guests a welcome drinks at the rooftop bar and decided to meet them at the top floor of the hotel at 7:30PM. Before I meet them there, I wanted to check the location myself but when I went to the rooftop I was welcomed by a horrible attitude of the staff and I was asked why I was there???? I was stunned and told them that I was there to check the place before I meet with the high ranking officials of my university from New York. I was told not to walk around and the lady at the rooftop bar/restaurant followed me to make sure that I was there legitimately. I asked her whether she was an employee of the hotel because her attitude was so rude and unwelcoming, she told me that this is a private entity and they rent the space from the hotel. There was no indication that this was a separate entity but even they are a separate entity, they are using the same elevators and common spaces at the hotel and the attitude towards the hotel guests is unacceptable. I called the front desk and complained and the manager of the hotel send me a fruit basket to the room which was a nice touch but I would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel because of the overall attitude issues of the staff.

I wish it stopped there but no it did NOT! Since I was traveling in many different cities in Turkey and my final stop was going to be Istanbul again, I did not want to carry my heavy luggage with me. I asked my cousin who lives in Istanbul to meet me at the hotel so that I can give him my heavy luggage and he can help with packing and unpacking, when we arrived at the entrance of the hotel, I was questioned about bringing my cousin to the hotel and they did not allow my cousin to help me with my luggage from the room. They asked my cousin to stay in the lobby and they told me that the bellboy will help me which I refused. My cousin and I was treated with such disrespect that there is no excuse for such behavior.

The hotel is under renovation, the rooms are very old, dated, and basic and it does not deserve the $300 dollar price tag. There are more beautiful hotels across the street and around the corner in Taksim area that it does not make sense to stay in this hotel any longer.

In addition, they list sauna and other facilities on their web page but we were told at the check in that there is construction in the facilities and sauna if not available. I wish they listed that on their web page.

Lastly, due to construction, my American guests called the front desk multiple times about the noise and the drilling and their request was ignored with an apology and they were offered no solution but keep sleeping with such disturbances and they were not happy.

I love the Marmara chain and my most memorable stay was in the Marmara Bodrum but I would stay away from the Marmara Taksim until it is improved and I would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: The hotel is under construction and renovation. They do not mention this on their web page, make sure to check that your room is in a location where there is less construction noise. If you are looking for sauna to relax, check other hotels because I was told that their sauna is under construction despite the photos and information on their webpage.
4  Thank Oktay S
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Oktay S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent stay at The Marmara Taksim Hotel. First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies that we haven't been able to deliver the levels of service, that you have rightfully come to expect from The Marmara Taksim Hotel. As you kindly noted, the rooms are tired and that is the very reason why there is a renovation at the hotel. Rest assured that we are discussing your review in detail with every department involved, to ensure, that we can learn from it and improve. I would love to gain more insight about your experience. If you don't mind would you kindly let me know how I could best get in touch with you at your convenience?

Thank you in advance for helping us to get better.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed in the marmara taksim in december, we had a deluxe room, which although was very nice and comfortable, it was not overly big. The room service was great and always very clean and the hotel in general was lovely and clean.The food was great although having ordered pancakes one day and given a large portion, the following days portion was half the size and not fit for 2 people. However after a quick call to room service this was quickly remedied with a second full portion being delivered free of charge. The staff were very friendly, my wifey used the hairdressing service which she was impressed by their speed and friendliness. The concierge was great and recommended a night at nomads which is now one of our favourite istanbul spots to eat and enjoy an evening. Location was perfect, you walk out the door directly into taksim square. We would highly recommend anyone stay at the marmara taksim.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaleSimsim
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear DaleSimsim,

Thank you for leaving a kind comment about your stay at The Marmara Taksim Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the staff was able to make your experience worthwhile. I have passed on your compliments to my colleagues and all of us look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Best location in Istanbul Taksim. I have stayed in this hotel 4 times but recently nothing changed except the reception and the restaurant.
Near to all the means of transport that one can imagine. The front rooms are besst but the back nothing to see. The hotel rooms is quite expensive too.

It needs a lot of renovation in the rooms especially the bathrooms. It looks shabby and the sound of siphon is clearly heard.
Since 2010 when visited they mentioned that they started the upper floors refurbishing and till in end 2013 still unfinished.
Hope soon it will be done as I like the hotel and its location.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. This assist in bringing the customer and again.
Can hear anybody passing in corridor as the rooms doors are very old.

Room Tip: Better to select the upper floors rooms which are already renovated as hey said but I did not vieew them.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Faniya B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate you being our guest and for choosing The Marmara Taksim Hotel as your home away from home in Istanbul. As for the rooms, please be informed that the hotel is going through an extensive renovation project at the moment. I can assure you that for your next stay you may relax in a completely redecorated room after a long day of sightseeing and enjoy the perks of being right in the heart of this wonderful city.

All of us here are looking forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel and ate at the Raika restaurant on top of the hotel - didn't have a room, though.
The conference facilities were very good, impeccable technical facilities and support. The catering was truly great - with the variety of goodies available it was still a treat after three days of conference.
I had dinner twice at the Raika restaurant on the 20th or so floor. The view from up there is absolutely stunning. Different views from the bar or the restaurant, both stunning, overlooking the Taksim Square, the Bosporus, the Golden Horn, the illuminated bridge. It is really worth going up there, even just for a drink. The food is very good, Turkish specialties (also wine and cheese, excellent choice of Turkish gourmet food). We enjoyed the service as well, very professional, easy-going, attentive - very good atmosphere. Bring your camera.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Silvia B,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your experience at The Marmara Taksim Hotel. We would have loved to have you as our guest but are happy you had a chance to benefit from our conference facilities and indulge in the fine cuisine that the rooftop restaurant has to offer. We have the same spectacular view from our rooms facing both the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn and hope to be able to host you on your next visit so you can see it for yourself.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel has a great location , rooms are large, cleaning service is ok, but furniture is quite
old. My room had a veiw of the back street so I can say nothing good about the veiw. The staff was not very helpful and friendly. It is not a good value for money. You can make much better choice in this area.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors with a nice veiw in the wing which faces the see.
1  Thank elena b

Dear Elena B,

Thank you for finding the time to share your thoughts with us on Trip Advisor. First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies that we haven't been able to deliver the levels of service, that you have rightfully come to expect from The Marmara Taksim Hotel. As you kindly noted, the rooms are tired and that is the very reason why there is a renovation at the hotel. We are currently upgrading our rooms and would appreciate if you could give us another chance once the refurbishment is finished. We would be thrilled to host you in our newly done rooms next time you are visiting Istanbul.