“Hotel for professional travel in Istanbul”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Marmara Taksim

The Marmara Taksim
Ranked #93 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Madrid, Spain
“Hotel for professional travel in Istanbul”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The rooms are clean and acceptable. The beds are relative modern and the furniture is traditional style but new. The restaurant in the ground floor has a good gastronomical offer (please don´t take buffet but order by the menu). The restaurant at the top floor provides good views to the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn. Take high rooms with view to the sea. The lower rooms with view to Taksim square are always noisy in the night. The hotel is close to the flower market restaurant street and to Metro station Taxim, which is a good communication option, due to the extremelly heavy traffic of Istanbul

Room Tip: Take high rooms with view to the sea. The lower rooms with view to Taksim square are always noisy in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PacoVerdera
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at The Marmara Taksim Hotel. Just as you have mentioned, we are perfectly located in the heart of Istanbul, which allows our guests to make the best of their time here.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit this wonderful city again!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Karadj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I like it so much and we enjoyed our stay there.
Good room with nice decoration an beautiful table lamps!
Abd ofcourse the marvelous view of phosphorus...
And we enjoyed a meal in the panaroma restaurant...
Lobby is nice and luxury u can rest and watch for a while.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you wholeheartedly for “one of the best in Istanbul” as we are certainly on the path to be constantly improving ourselves and becoming the best in this highly competitive environment. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Marmara Taksim Hotel and all of us here look forward to welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Rotterdam, Nederland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

far too expensive (euro 225/night) for an old, worn out room, small and unacceptabel shower in bathtub...etc, very very poor wifi (not enough signal for normal surfing...
The restaurant on the 20th floor was excellent, both in food as the view; but ofcourse managed by another entrepreneur then the hotelmanagement...not surprising.
be careful, if you dare to take the 'Turkish Delight' (small bottle eau de cologne, they'll charge you TL 60 at departure, it is not free....

Room Tip: ask for a refurnished room on a floor where there are no construction works
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ellemieke1
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback. We do value your comments and candor and are working together to improve based on your observations and experiences. Of course, the team and I want to ensure that each guest has a wonderful experience and I am so sorry that we let you down.
We would welcome the opportunity of hosting you again when our renovation is over and I am positive that you will enjoy the newly done rooms with the mesmerizing views of both the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn. We wish you safe travels in the meantime.

Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is well located, with amazing views and an excellent gym. But for the price it falls short in many ways. The rooms are being renovated - mine was still old. They are quite small, with wardrobes without sufficient hanging length for even a day dress- let alone anything longer and far too much clutter, making it almost impossible to use the small table as a desk. The bathroom is well equipped except for a lack of toilet brush. The worse thing is possibly the housekeeping. Out of 5 days I only got a full complement of towels once, and that was the first day when I complained that I had neither a hand towel nor a bath mat. I only got a facecloth once. The cleaners also woke me one morning, even though I had a do not disturb sign on the door, and perhaps even more annoying, they kept tidying my papers (I was primarily there for business). They also had an annoying habit of turning the air conditioning back on, when I turned it off - except one day whem they opened the window (which I like, except that there were mosquitos).
The concierge service is excellent with good recommendations for restaurants and friendly service. The reception is also fairly efficient, although I did have to ask questions about whether breakfast was included etc.

The downstairs bar is acceptable. The upstairs bar has stunning views but is not part of the hotel, and so you will need your wallet- no opportunity to add the cost to your room bill and NO INTERNET connection!!! The breakfast was so dull that I only ate there once. Coffee was almost undrinkable, and the fruit was mostly tinned.

Istanbul has many good hotels, and this one is not cheap. If you particularly want the gym (the pool was not open when I arrived), then this may beat the others, but for most business travellers, I think it will seem overpriced and lacking finesse.

Room Tip: Plenty of great views available, but be careful if you want to avoid the noise of building works.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AdeleinParis
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your feedback and candor. I am sorry to hear about your bitter experience with the Housekeeping Dept. I have passed on your comments to relevant department heads and please rest assured that necessary measures are being taken to prevent such incidents from happening in the future. As you kindly noted, the rooftop restaurant Raika is not part of the hotel, however, adding the bill to your room account is possible and I regret that the restaurant staff failed to inform you as such.
We hope to you give us another chance upon your next visit to Istanbul so that we can host you in one of our newly refurbished rooms and treat you with a genuine Turkish hospitality.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for four nights to attend a work conference in March 2014. The location can't be faulted, the breakfast is lovely (much variety- for vegetarians as well), and the gym is great. Can't review the spa or swimming pool as they were being renovated during our stay. The thing that lets this hotel down badly, in my opinion, is the smell of cigarette smoke that pervades the hotel's corridors and rooms. I'd recommend that if you wish to stay in a non-smoking room, you specify this when booking. It appears the hotel has more smoking rooms than non-smoking, with the former the default. After having a restless night in a smoking room, I was moved to a non-smoking floor, and although the smell was less strong, it still was everywhere. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you suffer from asthma or other respiratory illnesses. On a more positive note, with the exception of the odd member of staff, the staff at reception were friendly and efficient, with a special note of thanks to the cheerful concierge who was very knowledgeable and helpful. The bar on the top offers great views of the city and is worth a visit. I'd come back when this hotel is smokefree.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate our guests’ feedback and my intent is to learn from the mistakes made during your recent visit. In our hotel, we only have one floor allocated to smoking rooms and the rest of the floors are non-smoking. I regret that we couldn't make your stay a comfortable one and hope you give us another chance to host you on your next visit to Istanbul, so that we can show you our genuine Turkish hospitality.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

always stop at this hotel! very cultured staff at the reception, restaurant, lobby, Spa. especially the manager Minai Massimova always help me to solve any problem. and despite the fact that on May 31, June 1, in Taksim square, there were a lot of police. I found a lot of interesting and new places in this hotel. massage, Hammam , a swimming pool, a very good gym

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Rustam_Akhmadov,

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive comment about your stay at The Marmara Taksim Hotel. We are honored to be your “super hotel” in Istanbul and love having you back over and over again. I am happy to hear that you had a chance to enjoy our newly renovated spa and gym and the season for our outdoor swimming pool is just beginning! I am pleased I was able to be of service to you and all of us here look forward to welcoming you again when you visit this gorgeous city next!

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Pros:
Very good location, close to the metro station and Istiklal Cadessi.
Friendly staff speaking good English at the front desk, good service - check in done @ 9 AM

Cons:
Small but clean bathrooms for a 5* hotel

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
TheMarmaraTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at The Marmara Taksim, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at The Marmara Taksim Hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to take advantage of our perfect location. We hope to have another chance to welcome you in our hotel in not too distant future.