Basileus Hotel
US$152
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$135
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$120
Hotwire.com
US$400
US$116
US$101
1,881 results
All reviewsblue mosqueturkeymade to order omeletsturkish coffeegrand bazaarwithin walking distancehome away from homeminute walkno elevatorold citymajor attractionssmall hotelhagia sophiastreet noiseyogurtairport pickupwonderful city
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This place is ok. The location is the best part of this place which is something they don't need to work on, like being naturally pretty :)

It was clean, the breakfast was decent and the service was ok. The thing that got us though was one of their workers fell in-fatuation with one of our party members. She was online on Facebook and he comes over and clicks friend request to his account before she has a chance to register what just happened. Inappropriate!!

Nothing out of the ordinary about this place and harassment should not be one of the free services. Meh - get a Turkish bath BTW before you leave as this is a trippy wonderful experience all its own.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sea_Traveller5
Reviewed 3 June 2012

All four of us really enjoyed our stay in Basileus! The family room we booked was very clean, spacious enough and - to our delight - turned out to be even nicer than it looked on the pictures. It did face the street, but none of us had any troubles sleeping. The breakfast was simply great! The breakfast room is in a kind of basement, but not unpleasant and the buffet is quite large and varied. Besides they do terrific omelets (at no extra charge and they ask you how you prefer it).
The hotel is just behind Blue Mosque, so we could easily go everywhere by foot and there is also a tram stop about 7 min away.

As you see, we were already pretty happy with our room, breakfast and location, but what made our stay truly perfect was the staff always welcoming, helpful and polite. We arrived to Istanbul rather unhappy - problems with the trains the previous day, an extreemly early morning flight and a grey cold Istanbul morning made us tired, hungry and irritated. Sleepy and confused as we were, we also managed to get picked up from the airport by a wrong person and only realized it in Istanbul (while someone from the hotel was still waiting for us in the airport). From the moment we walked in, the staff did everything to take great care of us. We were sited comfortably, served hot tea, our questions patiently answered, our luggage taken up to our room. We were then directed to the restaurant across the road, good and reasonably priced (the staff even lent us some Turkish lira, so we did not need to go to exchange our money right away). Afterwards, much happier, we returned to the reception and the staff really took time to provide us with the essential information about the surrounding area and gave us plenty of priceless advises! All the places they recommended to us turned out to be great and this holiday was the most relaxing and enjoyable ever. The only thing we regret is spending so little time in Istanbul, but we hope to return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank madalison
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is my second visit to Istanbul where I spent 7 days with old and new friends, and I cannot believe we came across this jewel of a hotel. If you are as social as we are, you will enjoy this family friendly hotel. I have traveled to so many countries and have stayed at all sorts of hotels, from to low to high end hotels and this boutique hotel has been my favorite. I really liked the attention given to me and my friends by the staff at this hotel. Everyone in the staff was wonderful, and made our visit to Istanbul very special. THEY (Muharrem, Mehmet, Ekrem and Omer, Youssef and Mustafa) are personable and are genuinely interested in making sure you are enjoying your stay in Istanbul. They will go the distance to assist you with any, and all questions or concerns. The rooms are remodeled and kept cleaned and restocked daily with all your essentials. The buffet-style breakfast is typical tasty Turkish (Yummy), but make sure you have the omelette and a Turkish coffee by Fatih. The hotel is situated within close proximity to all the great sites to visit and shop within Sultanhamet. As an avid runner, I liked this hotel because I felt safe in the area and was able to find suitable running routes which took me through beautiful historical sites in Sultanhamet and the waterfront in the morning. I would not stay anywhere else in Istanbul. There is no question left unanswered and nothing that the staff at the Basileus will not do for you. Best regards to all and keep up with the outstanding job you do!

Room Tip: The linens were clean and soft thus I had a very good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SAtrigal
Reviewed 2 June 2012

There are already a lot of favorable comments on the Basileus and we found them all to be accurate. Especially regarding the staff and management, Yusuf, Ekrem, Muharrem, ... really do make you feel like you are part of their extended family. Istanbul is terrific, we enjoyed every one of our five days there [May] and hope to retrun, we will certainly stay at the Basileus again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DandC_Fl_USA
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed in this wonderful hotel at the beginning of April with friends and again early May by myself. I loved the quirky entrance lounge with tea/coffee making facilities and internet. The hotel also has a free & reliable wi fi. A very smooth and luxurious private airport transfer was organised by Basileus and was such a relief to be met after a long flight from Australia. The room I had (305) was perfect and quiet . The attention to detail was fabulous. The bathroom was new and modern , good hot water etc. (the entire hotel is newly renovated) I stayed twice in the same room and between stays a very minor repair had been done (nothing I thought worth mentioning). Rooms are not huge but very good value for the cost. We met a couple who had booked a hotel around the cornor....much more money and so awful they walked away. They lucked in when they found Basileus by chance.!!

Breakfast as others have said has an extensive selection including fresh fruits and dried figs/joghurt/honey ..pancakes/omlettes..yum. But it the service that makes this hotel a standout..Yusuf, Ekrem and Meharam all were so helpful. They booked a ferry trip for us to , when the website would not accept one of my credit cards Meharem offered to use his own! At the end of my stay in Turkey I was by myself and it was so good to come back to this hotel! Close to all major sights..but in a small side street with a few good restaurants (budget and one more upmarket) plus a fabulous Lokum shop.

I recommend highly.

Room Tip: for solo travellor room 305 is fabulous. Not much room on one side of the double bed but has a little table and chairs and end of room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends