“5 star Service”

Ranked #24 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Los Angeles, California
“5 star Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This family owned and managed hotel is so excellent that I do not have words to explain, All staff including Omar, Ekram, Mehmet and Muhareem are so nice, they remembers names of guest and greets with names every time you enter the hotel and that makes so honored to guests. They provide all necessary information where to go and they actually plan out our trip to all location. I just asked for exchange of currency and when not enough on hand, they actually loaned me the money and I paid back after I got my exchange that made me hounored. Another good part is Tea and coffee available 24 hours not just in room but in reception area including some pastries and cookies. The breakfast service too is very good. so many items to choose from. All staff in brakfast are very good too and give good service.Airport pick was very good too that gave me good comfort for good services. I had made reservation 3 months in advance and they communicated so well and responded every email within few hours. I stayed 4 nights and my next trip wIl be here only. I would highly highly recommend this hotel. it is very conveniently located and It is very clean hotel

Nalin Desai, Los Angeles, California, USA

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bozman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

In mid-January, a friend and I stayed at the Basileus on our first visit to Istanbul.. Conveniently located near the Sultanahment historical district, and close to the Markets, this hotel is perfect for visitors wishing to explore. But more than that, the hotel's proprietors are excellent caretakers of their guests; the attention they provided to our comfort and questions about the city were always superb. Their recommendations for restaurants provided us with many great options, and their ability to anticipate our needs made us feel very much appreciated and welcomed.

The upper floor room we had was clean and very adequate, with enough space, comfortable beds, and a small balcony window, which provided good ventilation. Street noise in this quiet neighborhood was not a problem at all. The complimentary breakfast was very good, with an assortment of meats, cheeses, vegetables, fruits, yoghurt, breads, coffee and tea-- an excellent way to start off a day of exploring the city. Finding our way to the hotel might have been a small problem in out jet-lagged state, but the hotel provided a complimentary shuttle from Attaturk Airport (three nights' lodging requirement), and arranged a very early private transport back to the airport for a very reasonable fee. We also paid cash for our stay, and received a 5% discount on an already reasonable rate.

This hotel is an excellent choice to stay for all of the reasons listed above, but especially for the attention to excellent customer service. I would stay there again, without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

The family that owns the hotel is so friendly and helpful, I cannot say enough! They offered directions, recommendations and even made sure we weren't ripped off by cab drivers. The hotel is close to all of the major sights while being removed from the tourist center just enough! Breakfast is very good and the rooms are more than adequate for the price!

Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

If you are looking for a hotel in the Sultanahmet region of Istanbul then this is the place! Look no further.
This is a family run hotel within walking distance of all the sights.
The rooms are clean, with modern bathrooms, complimentary toiletries, towels, hair dyer, tv, free wifi, fridge, coffee/tea making facilities, complimentary water.
Breakfast is a buffet style with traditional Turkish foods and freshly made omelettes to order too.
The lobby area is decorated beautifully with magazines to read, tea/coffee and home made cake to make you very welcome.
Omar and the rest of the staff are fantastic , very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Your stay will feel like you are staying with friends!
They will help you with advice, maps and will book tickets for the sights if you require and also can organise your airport transfers. In fact they are very generous and if you are flying from Ataturk airport then the hotel will supply a free transfer one way.
Also if all the above is not already enough, pay cash and you will receive a 5% discount on your hotel booking.
I can not recommend this hotel highly enough!!! I will certainly be staying there again!
Loved it!!! This hotel contributed to us having a fabulous time in Istanbul.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and were very happy with this, if you want a room with a view however...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Suewebb2014
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I visited Istanbul in late Feb 2014. The Basileus Hotel has a great location within walking distance of the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sofia. When we arrived the staff was fantastic and greeted us very warmly and made us feel at home. Our room was clean and I liked the decorations. The staff was over the top helpful with us in recommending things to do and places to eat.
Omar in particular made our stay very pleasant. He was a pleasure to talk too and was extremely knowledgable about Istanbul. I would highly recommend the Basileus Hotel for anyone visiting Istanbul. Stewart and Amy from California.

3 Thank WineTalent
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have just returned from a fantastic weekend away in Istanbul with two friends. We shared a triple room on the ground floor. The room was spotlessly clean with comfortable beds, TV and air con and the bathroom had plenty of toiletries, fresh fluffy towels and a lovely power shower and a hairdryer. The room was cleaned daily. The breakfast is buffet style with a variety of sliced meats, cheeses, cereals, fresh and dried fruit, eggs, yogurts, pastries, borek, fruit juices, jams, honey, tea, coffee, fresh bread and freshly made to order omelettes. The breakfast is absolutely delicious and kept us going until well past lunchtime.
The hotel is in a side street just a ten minute stroll from the Blue mosque and The Hippodrome. It has to be the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. Omar and Ekrem are absolutely amazing. They welcomed us to the hotel with complementary tea and cakes. They supplied us with a map complete with instructions and advice on places to visit and things to see and do and recommendations on local restaurants and bars. Nothing was too much trouble for them, they were always on hand to offer advise and assistance and they even arranged our transfers too and from the airport. They really are the kindest and most helpful hosts that I have ever met. I think this hotel is just fabulous and I would highly recommend it. I will definitely be booking a return visit and feel that although I arrived at the hotel a customer I left as a friend.

Room Tip: Book a high floor room if you are a light sleeper as you do tend to hear the traffic on the lower fl...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank traceypotter
Harrisburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

A wonderful, charming stay in this 21 room family run boutique hotel in the old city of Istanbul, Turkey. Excellent location to walk and shop in the quaint, hilly historic section of Istanbul. Staff were extremely accommodating and made us feel at home and very comfortable in our unfamiliar surroundings. Rooms are small but very clean and up to date, Also, extremely reasonable rates. There breakfast buffet was extraordinary. Fresh breads, fruits, vegetables, Turkish wraps with fresh yogurt, honey & jam toppings. Fresh Omelets made to order. Within walking distance to the hippodrome, The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia. Only regret is we did not give ourselves enough time in this history filled city. Our next stay will be longer at the Basileus Hotel.

Room Tip: Below grade rooms do not have windows and part of the charm is being able to look out your window.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family