“Quirky layover hotel in nice residential neighborhood”

Yesilkoy Airport Boutique Hotel
Ranked #616 of 1,028 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Park City, Utah
“Quirky layover hotel in nice residential neighborhood”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I wished this was not just a layover, because this hotel has character! As does the residential neighborhood with it’s tree lined streets. Only 3 miles from the airport and a 12 TL cab ride, this was a good choice for our last night in Turkey. We asked for a quiet room in the main part of the house (after reading suggestions) and had room 15 on the top (third) floor. The room was a bit on the small side, but had what we needed. The mattress of the king-sized bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was small with just a shower, had a hair dryer and a window. There was a new flat screen TV and ac which we did not use. Instead, we opened the big window that overlooked a quiet courtyard. There is free WiFi, a router is on every floor. There is no elevator, and the spiral staircase is narrow, so if you have big suitcases beware! Our wake up call was on time and our cab pre-ordered, was waiting for us at 430am.
The owner was very accommodating and speaks good English. The marina promenade is 2-3 short blocks away. My husband ran 5 miles but never reached either end of this unobstructed, wide, pedestrian promenade. The marina has a line of elegant seafood restaurants that caters to the well heeled locals. Close by, the town center is small but busy and has a variety of restaurants . We found an excellent one with good prices and local cuisine, just a 10 minute walk away; Ablanin Yeri , for which I wrote a review.

Room Tip: Room 15 on top floor has a king sized bed with good mattress and faces a quiet courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Good value, clean rooms. Quaint old building in nice affluent area. Convenient for airport. We stayed in the annexe which was a bit noisy because of the tiled corridor but wouldn't put us off staying again.

• Stayed September 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Turkish Airlines seems to thrive on problems schedules. I was due to arrive at 23.10 one night and leave at 07h30 two mornings later. A search through the usual culprits turned up the usual expensive luxury, and I needed something more reasonable. A web search led me to the Yesilkoy Boutique. It isn't right at the airport, but in a nearby suburb, one street in from the sea front.

I arrived late but got a warm welcome after 01h00. The stairs were steep (no lift) with a tight corner, and the door lock seemed well worn, but the room was cool (it had an excellent, quiet aircon), the bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean and fully functional, and the furniture practical rather than prize-winning. I slept well (no untoward noises from the neighbours) and went down to breakfast refreshed. Some breakfast - a five star hotel would charge 30euros and still not get the freshness right! Then a 5-minute walk to the Yesilkoy station, and 2 TLira later I was on my way to town.

That evening, a walk round the neighborhood soon found me a reasonably priced, really good meal. Several hours on the free hotel wifi followed - fast, no problems. At 5 the next morning, the wakeup call was prompt, and the taxi came within a minute of being summoned. So it was 14 TLira to the airport - I think I saved that in the first hour at the Yesilkoy. Eat your heart out, airport chain hotel.

Room Tip: There is so little traffic that the first floor offers ease of access with quietness
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank A-Nutty-Prof
İstanbul, Türkiye
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I had 2 friends staying there for a single night and they chose it due to it's vicinity with the airport. Unfortunately the service is not good and even though late checkout was accepted, they asked for 45 euros to shower at the time of checkout. The explanation was "they had to clean the towels". I would avoid it if I was a visitor to Istanbul. There are much better choices in the same area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is a very convenient hotel for transit in Istanbul, which is frequently necessary due to Turkish Airlines' flight schedules. The hotel sent me an email with detailed instructions on how to get there. It was excellent service though I didn't need it as I simply called them and let them talk to my cab driver. They also offered detailed assistance for me to get to the airport the following morning.

The room was on the small side but fine. The wifi was slow which was a problem for me as I had a set amount of work that needed to be done that night. The building is an old one which I think adds to the charm. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Yesilkoy business district where you can eat and do shopping. In fact it is a great place to spend the evening.

Overall an excellent place to spend a night of transit in Istanbul and good value for your money.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Zoglets
Jerusalem
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I can't really add much to what others had written about this small, but convenient hotel. The bed was comfy, the place was clean albeit a bit drab( main areas)- but maybe that gives it charm?
The hotel is in a quiet residential area and there are quite a few cafes, bars within a 10 min walk. I had a nice view of the water ( sea) from my room. It was a good idea to use this hotel rather than a busy, noisy airport hotel. Note: there isn't a lift.
Breakfast was plentiful. I am pleased with my stay and as NC-Traveler-47 says it was a good ...alternative to corporate airport hotels'.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank pfsboss
Christchurch
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This seemed to get good reviews and we booked on this basis. However, it was not my cup of tea. PROS: Comfy bed, 10 mins from airport in taxi, a bit of an area (shoreline, small shops etc) to explore if you are trying to kill time, good wireless. The bedroom itself was fine and spacious. Friendly staff.
CONS: The hotel decor was dingy, eclectic and old. The worst thing of all however, was the ensuite bathroom had the most awful drain, sewer smell in it, so much so that I found it hard to shower and took a VERY short shower. Cleaning my teeth, I had to leave the bathroom and come out to the bedroom as it was making me gag. The internal hotel noise was also significant, with voices and footsteps easily heard from everywhere (outside door, room overhead etc) and banging doors that make our whole room shake etc.
It was OK for a night but expensive for what it was and the experience we had there.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple