“Very bad!”

Ranked #640 of 1,187 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Moscow, Russia
“Very bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Booked room normal studio, but receptionist tried to settle into the studio Economy that location in a basement. Horrible room, very small, no window. I know about this room and whet we booked we we choose the best studio. The difference in price was, but the receptionist at the reception flatly refused, offered to make a charge for the room above categories. We were with child, he cried, and the receptionist smiled and had sent ours in that basement. One conclusion - in the hotel work deceivers. If you are well settled, then you're in luck. If you have any problems at the hotel, you no help. We wanted to take a picture of this room, we were not given to do, shut the camera with his hands. They wanted to hide his fraud. The hotel receptionists were trying to convince the studio in the basement of 10 square meters and a studio with a window on the 1-2 floor area of ​​25 square meters are the same and costs the same. Thanks "BOOKINGCOM", we moved into a great hotel that cost a little more expensive, but 1000 times better. Also, the residence do not place, as it is located in the slums, very scary to go there in the evening.

Room Tip: If you book a nice room, it's not 100% sure you get it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Tatyana D
KeremBikmen, Genel Müdür at Three Apples Residence, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Ms.Tatyana,
Thank you for your review. We have actually 3 types of rooms in this property. You booked a Studio, which refers to a 1+0 apartment, living room and bedroom in the same area. The other type is Deluxe Suite, which is in 1+1 format, i.e. there is a separate bedroom. And the third type is named as Family Suite, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Your booking with ref #535334269 was clearly for a Studio.
You’re right, we were fully booked on your day of arrival, and the only Studio that we could offer was one of the two studios in the basement. The one on the back side has a backyard garden, the other on the front side has a high level window, looking to the street.
The smallest studio that we have is 25 m2, the one that we offered to you was even larger with 35 m2 of area, but you might have felt it smaller since it was in the basement.
Unfortunately we couldn’t make a change since we were fully booked that day.
All our team is dedicated to make our guests feel more comfortable and satisfied. And we’re working hard to achieve that goal.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have just spent three relaxing nights at the 3 Apples Residence. The place is well worth the money spent and was one of the best places we stayed while in Turkey.

The apartment was clean and serviced well daily.

This was the only accommodation we stayed in while in Turkey that had a shower that did not leak onto the floor.

The service was was friendly and professional, Senol on reception was especially helpful to us.

The apartments were also a good size for a longer stay and the kitchen facilities and fridge came in handy.

Good location, close to the square and lots of shopping and restaurants. The metro station is also less than a five minute walk from the hotel.

The only downsides to this place would be if you had restricted mobility as there is no lift, only stairs.

There is a bit of street noise but nothing too bad.

If you are booked in at the residence go to the 3 Apples Suites reception first to check in and then head back to the Residence.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor as them you get a view out over Istanbul.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alan C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

first of all never try it out, there is many nice suites and apartments in Taksim Areas ,just walk around and find you favorite ,dont trust to photos!
so here is my experience : I called them at night and asked for a family room at 3-Apple Suites the reception confirmed there is free room, next day after we checked out and arrived there they told no there is not any free family suite and we will give you 2 double at 3-Apple residence!!!
the residence located far from Taksim in a dirty alley!
and the worth thing is i asked them for late check out and they accepted to do it for free but the next day when i was out they push my family to check out at 12:00 and they put the luggage out!
and no one talked english! in just one world it was horrible.

Room Tip: "no elevator get rooms at first floor"
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aria A
KeremBikmen, Genel Müdür at Three Apples Residence, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Mr.Javad,
We’re sorry to hear that you were not very happy with our service. Before writing this message to you, I have interviewed all staff involved in communication with you and watched the camera recordings from our reception area. I found out that, we were not very clear with you on some issues, which caused most of your disappointment, I believe.
Starting with the reservation, we don’t have a special category called “family room”. All our rooms are in 1+1 format, thus have separate bedrooms and living rooms, therefore families can stay in all of them. That’s why maybe a miscommunication occured between you and our reservation manager.
On the other hand, when you first arrived to our main building, where the reception is located, you came in, while your family was waiting in the taxi and asked if you could directly go to the Residence building without doing your check-in, so that your parents wouldn’t have to get in and out of the taxi. And our receptionist helped you with that issue and said OK, although this is against our policies. You might remember, I was at the Residence building, when you arrived there, I explained you the properties of the building, we helped you with the luggage, invited your parents in of the rooms while you went to complete your check-in with our Housekeeping Manager.
During your check-in at the reception, I saw from camera recordings, that you asked to check-out around 9 pm, since you had a quite late flight. There you had a long conversation with our receptionist who tried to explain you that if you want to stay after 4 pm, you need to pay full day’s charge. I believe this response made you think that you could stay until 4 pm for free. Actually I watched the recording couple of times and he never mentioned that you could stay for free until 4 pm. I also should admit that he could be more clear with you that special conditions apply for a late check-out between 12 noon and 4 pm. Since he doesn’t do that, you tend to believe that the late check-out is allowed for free. But actually at no point he told you that you could c-out late. If you like I can send you a copy of the camera recordings.
When it comes to your check-out day, since a new guest was expected to your room and you were not around, our personel helped your parents to move to another room, while they were waiting for you. So, I believe we did everything to help you and your parents feel comfortable. I, personally invited them to an empty room, the check-in day, while they were waiting for you to complete check-in procedures, and they looked very grateful. Unfortunately we couldn’t talk with them since we didn’t have a common language but appreciation doesn’t need words.
I regret that you use such strong wording and discredit all our efforts, while myself and my staff, we tried very hard to make you feel comfortable. Well, this is the difficulty of the business we’re in, we understand this and keep on striving to make all our guests happy.

Sincerely yours,
Kerem Bikmen

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Grozny, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I booked a room for 3 people via expedia. But when I arrived they didnt find the booking though I showed the itenary number. Anyway we with my wife and daughter checked in at 12:00 before the regular 14:00 check in time.
Good things:
1. Good loaction to see Istanbul.
2. Super bed.
Negative things:
1. I had to call three times to have the towels in the room.
2. The shower handle sprinkled in all directions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MusaDexter
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review. Thank you for your balanced input with positive and negative remarks.
They are all very valuable for us, and they will help us to be better.
Look forward to see you soon again,

Best regards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

First, Nice story!! but not a word of it was true. You know very well no one had trouble opening the safe box and definitely we didn't request your help. The money was stolen from two rooms, so did two rooms requested from you to open their safe boxes with the master key!!! It's very unethical of you to say that, and yes we will keep on writing bad reviews because that's what such hotel deserves. We don't recommend this for anyone and you should be responsible for the mistakes of your staff instead of covering for them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Israa A
ErcanCaglayan, Sahibi at Three Apples Residence, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear guest,
As you’ll recall, you came as a group of 18 people, stayed in a total of 6 rooms, all organized as triples. We understand that this wasn’t a group of friends, as everyone didn’t know each other very well. You are probably not aware of what other people in your group have requested because we have the master key logs from that day showing that some people from your group, only couple of hours after check-in, have called the front desk and asked for help to open their safeboxes. As mentioned before, our security personel went there and solved the problem. We can provide you the details of the master key logs and camera records.
I will kindly ask you to check with all the other people in the group about this incident, before making accusations and suggesting that we’re not saying the truth. I understand your frustration, and I wish we could help you more on that issue. However, this is not a platform to discuss such an issue and I will not continue writing replies here. If you would like to discuss the issue in detail and reach a better understanding of the situtation you can always contact me from kerem@3-apples.com.

Best regards
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

200 $ were stolen from our room, and around 180 $ were also stolen from our friends' room!! the hotel staff denied it of course and refused to help, they also lied to us several times when we confronted them! they told us there were cameras in our floor, and that they've seen the tapes and no one entered our room when we were gone, although there were no cameras in the entire hotel except at the entrance!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Silvia H
ErcanCaglayan, Genel Müdür at Three Apples Residence, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Three Apples during your trip to Istanbul.
I am sorry to hear that you had such an experience while you were with us. I am the owner and general manager of the hotel and I know the incident in detail as you made your claim while you were here and we tried to help you in every way we can.
I wish you were more careful and sensible with your comment here on Trip Advisor as millions of travelers read these reviews. As you are well aware, the amount of money that you claim to be stolen was locked in a safe box in your room, with the pin code known only to you. You called the reception asking for help to open the safebox as you locked it and couldn’t open again. Our front desk clerk, called the security personel and gave him the master key for your safebox. We keep very detailed logs for master keys on when and by whom they are taken from the front office safe box and returned there again.
Master key was used in your room and then returned to the front office in less than 15 minutes, and never been used again until your alleged theft claim. As I checked with this employee, he came to your room, opened the safe for you and instructed you on how it worked and then left.
There are 8 cameras in that property, we checked the time our security personel entered and left this property, they are all in line with the hour that you requested help for your safebox.
Couple of hours later you called the reception and told that you opened the safe and a certain amount of money was missing.
Let me explain, why this money cannot be stolen from your safebox by one of our staff. Once these safeboxes are opened with master keys, they erase the pin code that was used to lock it. Therefore if your safebox was opened by our staff with the master key as you suggested, your pin code would have been erased. Therefore you wouldn’t be able to use your code to open it again. However, you told us that when you came to your room, the safe was closed, then you opened it with your pin code and saw that the money was missing. As explained before, this is not possible, as your pin would have been erased, had a staff member opened it with the master key.
I am truly sorry to write this incident in such detail but your accusation is very severe and we absolutely disagree with your comment. We have a very strict security policy, that’s why we have safeboxes in every room and a stringent control process on how master keys are used.
Beside that, we helped you to contact the police, and they, after listening the facts told you the same thing as we did and you decided not to file complaint. Yet you kept on threatining us by writing a negative comment on Trip Advisor, unless we paid you back this amount. What you do is unfair and unethical. This hotel has been operational for more than 4 years and this staff has been with us for almost 3 years and there is no single incident like that.
Sincerely yours,
uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I booked this last minute for a business trip near taksim square. They have 3 residential buildings with Taksim Suite the main reception area. taksim residence is further away from taksim square about 10 minutes walk through narrow alleys.

The studio apartment is reasonable sized and had a balcony. They have a fridge, dishwasher, stove kettle and a safe if people want to use it. I was out most of the day time so only used this to sleep.

The room was clean on arrival however had a damp smell about it. The bathroom was again clean but weirdest age like smell on and off. The shower had mould around the corners but otherwise clean. They supply towels and toiletries.

For the price I paid and for sole purpose of sleeping at night time this property is adequate for those who would like to be near taksim square. If you are looking for hotel type experience than this is not for you.

There is a small shop in front of apartments where you can buy water, tea, milk etc.
easy to get to taksim square with lots of restaurants, cafes around nearby.

All in all a good experience for me as a lone traveller on business trip and close to taksim square.

Suggestions:
Clean rooms daily- they only cleaned when I asked them to.
Please provide at least a water bottle in room for guests on arrival.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank yas1981
HalilErcanCaglayan, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Three Apples Residence, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your useful comment. We are improving ourselves in the light of your suggestions. I believe your salutary comment going to make us better. Thanks a lot for all.
We are looking forward to see you again in our hotel.