“No longer there”
Review of ATA Kutahya - CLOSED

ATA Kutahya
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the small shops of the Arasta Bazaar. There is ceramics and quartz stuf. All staf made by turkısh artists and traditional technique.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“No longer there”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Having read the rave reviews we ventured to the Bazaar only o find this no longer there. Not sure if it has relocated but was referred by Jennifer's to another store close by. Will review positively I hope when my purchase arrives in Australia.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JulieWardTV

Winnipeg, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A quality visit”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Hospitality, advice, patience and the ever-present tea were offered to me by Hasan as I sat, surrounded by beautiful ceramics of varied shapes, design and functions. To chose one piece felt like I was neglecting or dismissing others as less worthy. But, as budgets can impose constraints, with time and the assistance of Hasan I found one that best suited me, and it was held until my eventual return to Istanbul. Journeys elsewhere confirmed that all products in the store are of excellent quality and valued appropriately, which was reassuring--no "buyer's remorse". When I finally returned to the shop a week later, my beautiful vase was packaged and shipped home, arriving only four days later in perfect shape. It now graces my fireplace mantel. I hope you can find a piece that speaks to you.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank 154954John
Washington, DC
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Lovely ceramics”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

While we loved Istanbul, some of the shopkeepers were so aggressive, it made looking unpleasant. Not so ATA Kutahya. Gunduz was so helpful and patient that we really enjoyed the experience, including the apple tea. The shop's ceramics are beautiful, and we are very happy with our choices. I would highly recommend coming here and the lovely Arasta Bazaar.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank rsm24
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The hospitality of Gündüz”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

As a tourist it is often hard to meet sincere shop-owners who aren’t just making conversation to sell "something". With Gündüz this was not the case! Walking the Arasta Bazaar we stumbled upon Gündüz' little shop with traditional Turkish pottery. We were met by the warm and big smile of the man himself. Gündüz offered tea, advice and recommendations for the city of Istanbul and he were even so bold to make fun of my male short-shorts (comfortable 80's football shorts). Gündüz it was a pleasure to meet you - you are a sincere, funny and kind man.
Next time we are in Istanbul we will make sure to visit you again - and to every traveler and tourist out there you should too.
All the best
The Danish couple

Visited June 2011
3 Thank Morten J
brazil
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ata Kutahya the best place for ceramics in Istanbul”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I had the chance to stop by ARASTA BAZAR next to the Blue Mosque after visiting Grand Bazar and find a very nice store for ceramics and handcrafts called ATA KUTAHYA! It was an amazing experience, they have beautiful tiles and ceramics in there and the shopkeeper Mr Gunduz Alp is a fantastic person, very nice and special person who makes us feel very confortable in there! He has a very different style from the pushy salespeople on the others Bazars, and I could say that he knows the real meaning of good hospitality! I recomend ATA Kutahya store very much! Danielle Figueiredo - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Visited November 2011