“View is better than food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The sultan Pub

The sultan Pub
Ranked #6,764 of 13,378 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Bar, Turkish, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Bergen, Norway
“View is better than food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The place is magnificent when it comes to the placing. Just next to the Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque, but this comes at a price, the price.... The food is relatively costly. The food is decent, you leave dull and so on, but keeping the price in mind it is a tad expensive and a little limited on taste . But worth a visit.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading
“Perfectly fine for just a beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Located close to some of the main attractions and some good restaurants. They will try to persuade you to dine and consume lots of nibbles (at a price) but resist all that and this is actually a fine and friendly place for that much needed beer. The local beer, Efes, is very pleasant and is not over prided here despite being in a premium tourist zone. If you do give into the temptation of nuts and crisps or the appalling musicians who frequent the Sultan it will cost you. Resist and it can still be enjoyable.

Visited April 2014
Ortley Beach, NJ
“Cute pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Have some Ottoman specialties. After 2 weeks in Turkey we decided to have a draft beer, burger and fries which were good. Draft beer is not easy to find in Turkey. Good service

Visited February 2014
Sarcelles, France
“Worse service I ever had in Istanbul”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I can to dine on the terrace alone. I wanted to sit at a table with a better view but was briskly told that was a table for four so I could not sit there, then shoved me in a corner table (for four) I ordered a glass of wine, the waiter recommended for starters, mezze, a variety of small vegetarian starters. They were 6.50 Turkish liras a piece. I said okay, and he brought me 6 different ones, randomly without asking how many I wanted. I assumed I will pay for the ones I eat, since I didn't choose which ones or how many. Of the six, I ate only four. After my starters, I sat in the corner, completely ignored for over an hour while the waiters waited hand and foot over a group of ten. I was invisible. After an hour of bring ignored, I finally got up and went to the cashier to pay. I was shocked that my bill came up to 75 liras. I was billed for the wine and 8 mezzes. I told the waiter I didn't order all that. He said he brought me 7 mezzes. I insisted I only got 6 and ate 4. The waiter then got angry at me and raised his voice saying he brought me 7 and it doesn't matter if I ate them it not, I still have to pay, otherwise it comes from his pocket. I thought it unfair to pay for something I was imposed and didn't eat. He then muttered something in Turkish, threw the notebook in the drawer, and had the cashier redo the check. I still ended up paying 55 liras for a glass of wine and starters. It was a rip off and that waiter was the worse waiter I have ever come across in my entire life. You do NOT raise your voice to your customer, especially one who was ignored all evening in order to wait on a better paying table.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank willowcat95
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent view, check bill thoroughly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The view from the terrace is excellent and the meal was ok, nothing special and not worth the expensive prices but I assumed it was fair due to the location and views. I did start to worry when other diners were "discussing" their bill. I checked mine thoroughly and found several additions that wet didn't have and large items when we ordered small. I couldn't be bothered to argue this, which they probable rely on, but then they said there was 10% compulsory tip I need to add, at this point I argued the extra items loudly and finally payed less then the original bill. Great views and great hol but this experience did spoil it somewhat. Check bill and complain or try elsewhere. It's the place right near blue mosque, on the corner by the fountain.