“excellent way to travel to Turkey”

Turkey Tours by Local Guides
Ranked #107 of 443 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Turkey Tours by Local Guides is a company run by licensed tour guides providing private Istanbul tours, shore excursions, day trips to Ephesus, Cappadocia, Bursa, Iznik, Edirne, and many more places in Turkey. Provided by Fast Book Travel License no: A-6202
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife, daughter and I had the most enjoyable trip.
Ozkan was amazing with the organization of the trip via email and flexible/accommodating in making minor changes.
The guides at all the locations we visited...Istanbul, Cappadocia, Izmir, Pammukale, etc. were very knowledgeable and courteous, the accommodations were remarkable and high standard, the vans and drivers were great.
The places we visited with the recommendations of Ozkan were the exact places we wanted to visit & see.
I would visit Turkey again, just because of the amazing experience with Ozkan & his organisation.
There were no delays at any of the attractions, because the guides had the prviledge to obtain tickets and know what times to avoid.
The whole organization of the trip was superb.
Very Highly Recommended!

in 8 reviews
"outstanding guide"
"professional tour guide"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"hagia sophia"
in 30 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I recently engaged this company for a 1-day tour of Istanbul. From the outset, Ozkan responded to all my inquiries via email quickly. The booking process was easy since you pay a deposit via Paypal with the remainder being paid in person when you are with them. The planned itinerary was tailored to our desires, including dropping us off at our cruise ship at the end of the tour.
Our guide was his charming brother Abdil. He picked us promptly at the hotel at 8:45 a.m. to begin our day. He planned our itinerary based on his knowledge of crowds, traffic, etc. We very comfortably moved around in his Mercedes Benz van. We visited the Spice Market, the Chora Church, the Cistern, a very nice lunch at a non-touisty restaurant, and then on to Topkapi. In between, Abdil made little stops to show us sites or things he thought we would find interesting.
The rest of the sites we would cover the next day on our included cruise tour. Actually, he even took me to a pharmacy to attend to a stye I had woken up with!
We found him to be extremely knowledgeable, patient and willing to answer my many questions.
My husband and I were delighted and wished we would have booked them for the next day too!
I highly recommend them.

3  Thank Anamari4
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had an excellent day tour with a private guide contracted through this agency. Our guide was Serkan Firatozlu, a licensed professional. He was very knowledgeable and courteous, and flexible in meeting our requests. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Walter B
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recently returned from a fabulous vacation in Turkey. We found Turkey Tours by Local Guides on the internet and immediately started a great email relationship with Ozkan Bicer. He arranged two fabulous days of seeing Istanbul with his brother Abdil. We found all of the sights totally fascinating and Abdil's knowledge of his country and culture terrific. We learned so much and enjoyed every bit of it. There is no way to see Istanbul without someone to help explain everything and Abdil was a great choice. In addition, a private guide is able to get tickets for you so you save hours of standing in line. I highly recommend Turkey Tours by Local Guides and Ozkan and Abdil Bicer.

4  Thank singermom
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We can only echo the travellers before us who have used the tour guide services of these guys. Our guide, Abdil, was exceptional and provided us with a fantastic appreciation of the history and culture of Turkey. Not having to queue for the main attractions was a real bonus as some of the attractions in Istanbul had long lines of people which would have taken the best part of an hour to stand in. If you are looking to visit all the main Istanbul attractions in a leisurely, relaxed and informative way, this does the job nicely. Overall it was a thoroughly enjoyable day.

2  Thank Phil G