“Best trip ever”

Road Runner Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #46 of 412 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Road Runner Travel is located in the heart of the historic Old City of Istanbul to serve regular and private tours for Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Gallipoli, Troy and also long package tours for all around Turkey.
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best trip ever”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We saw this agency by chance on internet. It was the first time we book our holidays in a package online, and we can't be happier with the experience!! We loved our stay in Turkey and the whole experience was unique. We highly recommend this agency. The hotels were really nice, especially the one in Goreme (Cappadocia).
Thank you so much for taking care of us.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank phileas77

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Elif Erkan (Road Runner Travel) - over & beyond the call of duty for a travel agent”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'm a frequent user of Tripadvisor.com but have never written a review before, as I'm a rather busy person. However, the recent experience dealing with a travel agent in Istanbul has left such an indelible impression I felt compelled to spend some minutes to write a review as kudos for the outstanding service rendered to me. The most remarkable part is I didn't even meet with said travel agent, as everything was done through the phone and my tour to Cappadoccia, Epheus & Pamukkale went like clockwork without a hitch.

I was in Istanbul recently for a 3 days work assignment and had extended my stay by another 4-5 days to check out other parts of Turkey, which I didn't do the 1st time I went to Istanbul some 7-8 years ago. But having been so caught up with work, I didn't even had time to plan ahead before going to Istanbul, and it was only after 3 days in Istanbul that I did a quick Google and chanced upon "Road Runner Travel" website.

I have no inkling at all where is interesting & fun in rest of Turkey, so thought I'll just call up and get a recommendation.I liked the look of "Elif Erkan" photo with her sunshine smile under their "Contacts", so dialed her DID number using my local Turkey SIM card mobile number. I was pleasantly surprise her English was up to scratch, although I had to repeat myself a couple of times, but that's more of accent issue.

Anyway, I told Elif to call me back in my hotel room as my SIM card was running out of credits. She promptly did and I then told her my ideal tour plan was that I can spend 4 days and 4 nights outside Istanbul, and that I can connect my last domestic flight to my international flight back to Singapore at end of tour. Elif was patient, and answered to the point of all of my questions, which I always like with any service oriented staff.

I then just asked her what are the absolute "must see" places, and she then recommended Cappadoccia, Epheus & Pamukkale based on the time I had. I then told her "price" is a big consideration, and I am looking for "value for money" and am not too fussed bout accommodation since I'm traveling alone. She joked with me how come I can stay in a 5 star hotel in Istanbul but won't pay the same for the tour and I said cos I am on business in Istanbul on company's expense, but not when it's on my own dime for such a tour, and she got the idea.

I told her as I needed to head out for a business meeting in an hour, can she send me a tour itinerary within 30 minutes and I can then pick and confirm a package. She did so promptly and recommended a perfect tailored made package for a really good price that included 3 domestic flights & 4 nights hotel. I was rather sceptical about the Hot Air Balloon option at Cappadoccia as I thought the price was kind of steep but she highly recommended that it is a MUST try, and having been convinced by the fact she turned around at such short notice with a tailored package as what I asked for at what I thought was a really good rate, I took her suggestion. In that short 1 hour duration dealing with Elif, i was impressed with her speed of response via calls, What's Apps & Email, calling me back exactly at the times I requested, and most importantly, her jovial nature came across well over the phone, on top of her patience to my specific queries.

Everything was then sorted and I didn't even had to go down to her office and pay as I was able to pay all in cash when the driver pick me up the next morning to go to Istanbul airport for 1st Cappdocia stop. The tour went smoothly, although there was an incident where the drive from Cappadoccia to the domestic airport for the flight to Izmir for my onward journey to Epheus & Pamukkale was more than an hour and some passengers on the bus were worried we will miss the flight.

I wasn't too concerned as I knew domestic flights check in was 30 minutes before flight time, and honestly, what can you do under the circumstances? As it turned out, all was OK and the flight was also delayed by 20 minutes. I was really taking it easy, unlike the panicky passengers rushing like mad to the check-in counter.

But imagine my surprise to then receive a What's Apps message from Elif at about 10.30 P.M., way past her working hours, informing me that my flight @10.50 p.m. is delayed by 20 mins and if everything is going well on my tour thus far. That really was true professionalism and having traveled for over 25 years, I have never encountered such wonderful attentive service, and it's not as if I was paying top dollars for an expensive tour. And again, keep in mind we never even met, just merely communicated via the phone.

For that, I highly recommend anyone heading to Turkey to engage the services of Road Runner Travel to book local tours (and ask for "Shah Mat Travel" for tour guide services, as I was happy with their friendly and earnest attitude to make you enjoy their tours). If you call or drop by Road Runner Travel office in Istanbul, do ask for Elif's service if she's free, as I am in no doubt she will offer you top notch service and present to you a great tour experience as my below tour pictures can testify.

Visited April 2014
Bombay
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Many thanks Turkey and Osman”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We are coming to the end of our 11 day trip to Turkey we did not know what to expect and are going to return having had one of our best holidays ever.
Thanks to Osman and all the hospitable and friendly people of Turkey this has been a truly awesome visit.
Even the balloon ride in Capadocia recommended by Osman turned out to be one of our ten best experiences in life.
At the outset we did not know what to expect and had Osman and Road Runner handle all our arrangements, all the tours were great and handled by very friendly guides. We also had some last minute changes to our itinerary which were handled expertly and with a proactive approach by Osman, at times our indecision frustrated me but did not fluster Osman.
The hotels were also very well located in the city centre ensuring that we had tons of eating options and entertainment at hand, worthy of special mention are Goreme Inn, Capadocia and DoubleTree Tree Hilton, Kusadasi.
All in all, we have had an excellent time in Turkey and thanks to the country, its hard working and friendly people, Osman and Road Runner we will surely return.

1 Thank Mohie65
San Diego, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Turkey 7 day Tour”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I took a trip to Dubai and we decided to visit Turkey and only had 1 week, Nelly at Road Runner travel organized the tour for us and everything went as planned! We where happy with the itinerary with was easy to plan as they were flexible in giving us what we needed. We visited the main attractions of tourist Turkey and we are ready to go back and spend more time in Istambul as there is much more to see than what we had time to. One suggestion, make space for your purchases as you WILL find lots and lots of beautiful things to buy in Turkey. Thank you Nelly and Road Runner Travel for your great service.

Visited February 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great travel company - a senior's perspective”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Several months ago we decided to use Road Runner Travel to organise our 14 day Turkey trip. This decision was based on TripAdvisor Reviews and their capacity to tailor our trip to our requirements. This meant that as well as doing the North and South Tours and the balloon trip in Cappadocia, we were also able to have an extra relaxing day just strolling around in this beautiful setting (and an extra night in our excellent cave hotel). From the outset Osman, our tour consultant, was amazingly helpful. Nothing was too hard and every query and change was handled efficiently and professionally. As mentioned in several other reviews, the organisation throughout our tour was extraordinary. There was always somebody there to pick us up or transfer us etc and the guides/ tours provided were great (always less than 10 people on the tours) . One senior moment when I left my heavy coat behind in a hotel was not a problem and my coat was waiting for me for no charge when I arrived back in Istanbul. Being based at The Empress Theodora Hotel close to their office and all major attractions in Istanbul was excellent. The office were also able to advise where to go etc to get an eye injury attended to successfully. Whilst we dealt with Osman and recommend him most highly to all would be travellers, our dealings with the office suggest that regardless of which consultant you are dealing with, you will get a similar level of service. We had a wonderful time in Turkey, and highly recommend this tour group to all fellow travellers.

Visited March 2014