“very good hotel”

Stories Hotel Kumbaraci
Ranked #449 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were three persons and we stayed in room 235 (suite , floor 5) we had a very nice terrace , from which we could see the sea, despite the close neighbour building . It could be a noisy at the night , just because the hotel is located in a very ALIVE pedestrian street. The location is very convinient , the street is full of restaurant and bars , 15 min walks to the metro station . you can easily spend a full afternoon in the neighbourhood.
Staff are EXTREMELY nice and helpfull with good command of english. I remember Omer , Nouray , Mohamed but all of them are very nice.
I will not hesitate to come again.

Room Tip: I would not book the breakfast next time , it was not very convinient , it is only served from 8 to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Stories Hotel Kumbaraci

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

In my work I visited most of Europe and I stayed in different hotels . Most of them business and 4 and 5 stars hotel . I must say this hotel which was recommended by a friend is one of best hotels in stayed in .It give your value of money , great location and services. When I asked if I can check early because my flight arrive early in the morning they didn't promise but they said will do there best and It was an excellent surprise that I found my room ready and check in didn't take more than 5 minute and staff always give a great advices .
I will recommend hotel and I will be surly will stay there when I come back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reham G
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I was staying in all this big name chain hotels when I visit Istanbul. After I found this hotel with the best location ever in Istanbul I will not hesitate to come again and again.

Rooms are big nice clean. The only problem is that there is no view or balcony so therefore no sunlight coming to the room.

No breakfast served but there are very nice places on istiklal street för Thé same

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If it wasn't for the travel agent's driver, I guess we will never be able to find this apartment hotel. Though it is by the side street of the famous Istiklal street, the property is too small and one can hardly notice it! But once you are there, you would appreciate how convenient it is! Less then a minute walk you are at the pedestrian shopping street of Istiklal. Because this is a small property and is at the alley, we could hear people talk, car drove by at night. The two nights we were there, we heard people screaming, fighting and even some broken glass sound. I honestly didn't feel very safe there

The room was lovely. Fancy ceiling painting, bed was comfortable. It equipped with a electrical stove and a Expresso machine!

The bathroom was tiny but the amenities were more then enough ( love the manicure set)

This hotel does not serve breakfast but wifi is complementary that worked most of the time.

We appreciate how helpful was the reception staff though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great hotel in a very nice part of town. Stylishly furnished rooms that are sursprisingly sound proof in spite of down town location. The staff was extremely helpful and service oriented and gave us a free upgrade.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

booked in a hurry through booking.com - i liked that price seemed fair (about 80 euros) for a place with a very high rating. all expectations surpassed. was upgraded but room was worth 300 euros i'd say. will def be coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicholas S
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel is just one block from Istiklal street, the busiest street in Istanbul. The hotel is perfect in everything actually. Price is good, clean rooms, very friendly and helpfull staff to the extreme. I haven't see such helpfull staff that can show you where and how to go even print your boarding pass for your flight. I enjoyed staying in this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ahmed A
StoriesApartIstanbul, Guest Relations Manager at Stories Hotel Kumbaraci, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear Mr. Ahmed,

We really appreciate the time you have taken to write this review. Feedback is extremely important in order for us to know what we are doing right and what we can do to improve. It would be an immense pleasure for us to have you back at Stories Hotel very soon !

Best regards,