“Worst hotel experience ever”
Review of Aspalace Hotel

Aspalace Hotel
Ranked #829 of 1,178 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We booked online at Aspalace for a good price months before. We informed them (in writing) that we would be arriving after 11 pm. We arrived very tired and the manager on duty informed us that there was a 'wiring problem' in all 3 rooms we booked and it would not be fixed until the next day. They sent us to a close by hotel after assuring us that it was the same standard as Aspalace. It was terrible - blood stains and holy sheets, dirty bathrooms. We went back to Aspalace to next morning at 9 am - they told us our rooms would be ready for us. This time the duty manager told us that because we arrived late they gave our rooms to someone else and there was not room at the hotel. Funny now the wiring problem had disappeared. So they moved us to another hotel (which was nice) but told us that to make up for the hassle they would provide a free shuttle to Sabiha Gocken airport which is much further than the main Ataturk airport. On our departure day, shuttle arrived on time and the driver insisted on taking us to Ataturk on the instructions of Aspalace. We then had to pay for a taxi to get to the right airport which was far away, in traffic and we nearly missed our flight. Aspalace hung up on us when we tried to call then would not answer the phone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shari196

Reviewed 11 July 2012

the hotel is very nice and the people who work in the hotel are very kind and the room are big and clean and the breakfast is nice and its neat and they clean the rooms every day

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank mayasyria
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This is the first that something like that happened to me and I have traveled quite a lot..We booked a room directly at the hotel in September for New Year's. Our reservation was confirmed by email of course..By coincidence just 2 days before our departure I wrote them an email asking if they can arrange us a shuttle bus from the airport and the answer was that our reservation did not exist anymore because a person of the staff made a mistake and overbooked the rooms,and we weren't even informed!!!
I told him that I will not accept this and that it is a high season and it will be very difficult for us to find a hotel last minute!!! He answered that will help me with booking at another hotel and gave me the link of it to look. I asked if the price was the same and I never got an answer even if I wrote him 3 emails....
Be careful with this hotel, they don't look after their guests....they could ruin our vacation...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kalliroi_12
Reviewed 4 November 2011

The location is really good: 2 minutes walk from the tram which takes you anywhere in the city (3-4 stops) or 20minutes walk from the main touristic attractions.
The staff was always helpful, breakfast had a lot of variety (continental breakfast with many Turkish dishes too) and the room was very clean.

The only downside is on the size of rooms - very small. We booked a double room with an extra bed and there was barely space to walk or put our luggage in. The next day, we requested for a bigger room and it was OK if we'd fold in the extra bed every morning. The extra bed wasn't comfortable at all and very old.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Firstly, I'm Turkish ,studying in Istanbul.My Dutch fiance visites me every 3 months in Istanbul and that time he chose to book this hotel.However, the hotel itself made us so regretful to choose them!
As soon as we got to the hotel, one of the staff asked us if we were married and later on said that their boss didn't want unmarried couples to stay at the hotel.

That I don't understand,they didn't make a note neither on their website nor on booking.com or wherever.They sell their rooms on international websites but you know the reality on your arrival which is really dissapointing.We stayed around 10 random hotels in that area without any problem!

Afterwards the staff told me they could note us as friends but after saying this somehow he changed his mind! I even told them I wouldn't stay at nights!But still their behaviour was real rude towards me! We booked a double room because we were together all day long for 5 days and had nowhere to be alone and speak for a while and having breakfast every morning.The thought of the staff about this was really so ill-mannered!

The most stupid thing about the hotel that, they let froeign-froeign unmarried couples stay, but if one of them is Turkish,they don't! I find it a big discrimination!

If they are very conservative, I advice them not to let any unmarried couples stay at their hotel and making a note about this on every website they have registered themselves.Because this way it's very rude and ridiculus!

Because it was high season,most of the hotels were already full so we wanted them to book one nearby. They found a hotel and told us it was a good hotel ,we had to accept because of not having any chance!But the hotel was not we wanted and at check out we payed that hotel more than the staff at aspalace said!So you are liar too!

I just wrote here to let you know more about this hotel.Avoid it!The reason we chose the hotel was its closeness to the subway station, for me to go back my dormitory at nights.and 3 star hotel is enough if you spend your time mostly outside.

We knew that we wouldnt be accepted to the hotel on arrival and I noticed the hotel still hasn't made a note.So, I hoped I could help you.Believe me there are many hotels with their polite staff and in a better place in that area!Don't book here if you don't wanna take risk have a ruined holiday!

7  Thank ist-tripper
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The hotel is located in a dirty and noisy area. Rooms are ok; clean but so tiny.
The price do not reflect the quality of the service. Breakfast is awful and do not count on it.

Room Tip: avoid this one.