Galata Flats
Mavi Konak(Istanbul)
  • Restaurant
By Murat Crown(Istanbul)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just got back from 6 nights at the Galata Flats.

I originally booked with booking.com. However when I enquired about airport pickup with the hotel directly he told me to cancel booking.com and book direct with him and he will pick me up for free. I did exactly that which worked out good for me as the price booking directly with them was no different.

Positives - 1 bedroom apartment was great, clean and spacious. The kitchen had every utensil you could you need. Bathroom was well stocked with towels and complementary toiletries. Shower was hot and powerful. Nice big bed and loads of storage space. Apartment was cleaned daily and topped up with towels etc.

The other manager (day shift) was always helpful ordering food for us and giving advise on where to go etc.

Negatives - Whilst checking in when I was told how much I needed to pay the manager suggested I could give him a little extra as well!!!! Very uncomfortable situation as I am just checking in and didn't want my experience there be affected if I said no. So ended up giving him 15 euros.

Location is totally away from the tourist area. This is exactly what we wanted however when we ended up spending 9lira (£3.50) on three trains each to get to the other side of the bridge every day - some times twice a day - (blue mosque,palace, grand bazaar etc) we soon regretted our decision.

Windows are definitely not sound proof. In the week day it was okay. However on Friday and Saturday night we were awake until 4 in the morning with loud music and taxi horns.

For the return transfer I asked how much the hotel will charge and he said 60Euro (150 lira)I got a taxi which only cost 40 lira!!!

Generally I loved the apartments they were comfortable and well equipped (DVD sofa bed etc). However the location and price (163 per night) was definitely not worth it. Speaking to other tourists there in comparison they paid much less and stayed in same standards but in the right location.

Tips - stay on the sultanhelmet said not Taksim side. You'll end up doing too much travelling.

If you're gonna use Liras definitely change in Istanbul they give a much better rate than the UK. Although they accept EUros everywhere you go in Istanbul.

Would I go to Istanbul again - DEFINITELY. Would I stay at GAlata Flats again - NO!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sha8z
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Having booked elsewhere we switched to Galata flats to be closer to town, and we're so glad we did. The area is really convenient, lively and fun with restaurants and cafes literally on your doorstep and plenty of adventure to be had.

With 3 couples and a small child to accommodate for a 5 day stay, we decided to go for an apartment rather than hotels / B&Bs. Galata actually gives you the best of both worlds - a fully fitted flat, but with great service from friendly staff and daily servicing.

We really couldn't have been happier - our 3 bed penthouse was exactly that, really big and comfy with great views of the tower plus old Istanbul from the balcony.

The only slight downside was some noise from the bars etc at the weekend, but it didn't bother us and was worth it for the great location.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: The penthouse rocks!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank harveyofclapham
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My family of four (two boys aged 9 & 10) and my son's family of four (two baby girls) stayed at Galata Flats between March 18 and 28, 2013. Galata Flats was clean, comfortable and convenient; it facilitated the wonderful experience we had in Istanbul.

We liked Galata Flats very much and it was the highlight of our trip. The value for money was way above our expectation. The shops and grocery stores next to it made it very easy to meet our daily needs. But most of all, we liked the restaurants (Pizza.it, Miss Pizza, LavAzza Coffee Shop, Fureyya Galata Fish Restaurant, and Ozturk Pide Kebap to name a few) and the Şişhane Metro Station which made it very convenient to get to the historical and cultural attractions.

The location was also great as it was just a short stroll to Istiklal Street; one of the most famous in Istanbul with many shops, restaurants and cafes. From there, the old tram takes you to Karakoy tram Station to Sultan Ahmet and beyond. Or, you can take the Cable Car to Taksim square followed by Metro rides to Kabataş where you can take a ferry to Princess Islands or a Bosphorus Cruise.

It was a great experience and we shall treasure it for life.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Arapino
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We went on a girls trip. The property manager Cevdet was amazing to work with and so accommodating and flexible. The apartment was exactly like the pictures and description. It is such a perfect location because it is about a 10 minute walk to the tram stop and then just seconds away from tons of great restaurants, shops and bars. Our one trouble was that there was construction going on at night right next door which was a bit odd and loud, but i would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ARbacks
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Location, Location, Location - there were 4 of us, two mothers and two 13 yr old daughters and we all loved the spaciousness of the apartment & all the amenities. We particularly loved the brightness (windows everywhere, so natural light as well as lots of ceiling lights which meant that at night, the apartment was extremely well lit) plus the numerous electric sockets everywhere! My daughter loved the "white" & modern look of the place with plenty of storage space, large long mirrors, comfortable living room and the free Wi-Fi. We stayed in the two bedroomed flat (#7) on 2/f which was noisy late at night as there are many restaurants around but also because we were there during NY's celebrations. On NY's Day, the management sent us a bowl of fresh fruit and a card which was a nice touch, we also met one of the owner-partners of the place and he was very helpful in providing advice on where to go for NY's Eve dinner that wouldn't be too touristy or meant we'd get charged extra for the special occasion. Airport pick-up and drop off was simple and efficient. Wholeheartedly recommend this place to any families/group of friends. PS: I left something in the safe and when I e-mailed them, they promptly searched and found the item. They are kindly posting it to me, so hopefully I will receive it soon. It was on the expensive side but worth it, we'd return!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family