“Super Nice Owner, Beautiful Suite”
Review of Blue Eye Suites

Blue Eye Suites
Ranked #127 of 1,092 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Large park across the street with fountain, space, and kids playground. A number of great food places very closeby. Small market right across the street.
The suite was very clean, had high cielings, good AC, and good bed, nice decor. The futon/pull out couch wasnt super comfortable but still just fine. This was one of my favorite places we stayed, if not the favorite. The owner, I think his name is Ali, was super nice and helped us out a lot. He explained the cell phones, etc. It was me, my sister, friend, and 3 year old daughter travelling.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to a friend. I was very glad I chose this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank aviot11

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Such is the excellent location, comfort and warm welcome it would be churlish not to give this house of 3-4 spacious self catering, fully serviced apartments five stars. But remember that does not mean luxury or perfection – it refers to an all round agreeable experience.
Like other reviewers we were enchanted by the location, in a modest but most pleasant residential area next to a park frequented by children, a school and a police station; just a few minutes a steep walk uphill to the main sights at the Hippodrome in the opposite direction and a pleasant seaside promenade with fish restaurants and the pretty Little Aya Sophia mosque. It is also a few minutes’ walk from the lively mehane (tavern) district at Kumkapi – a must for a night out at the weekend. There are plenty of little shops – small supermarkets, bakeries, hardware stores, chemists, greengrocers etc, useful whether you are self catering or not. In general it is quiet at night. There are a couple of cheap, excellent if modest local-style Turkish restaurants nearby, manager Ali will point them out to you when you arrive.
The suites, situated in a traditional wooden Ottoman house, are identical except for size – one is smaller but still fine for 3 people. The others easily accommodate 4. They are simple, Ottoman in style with high ceilings and rich fabrics. All have a bedroom with double bed (excellent mattress) and sofas and sofa bed on the living room. The kitchenette in the large living room is fully equipped with cutlery, glasses, plates, saucepans, corkscrew, microwave oven, dishwasher, kettle. There’s also an alarm clock and hairdryer. Although it is self catering, a full Turkish breakfast is delivered to your door at 8am every day – very substantial, and the housekeeper will do all your washing up as well as making beds, cleaning etc. Free WIFI means you can keep up with the Archers on your iPhone! (sorry only UK readers will understand the relevance of that).
There is efficient heating and air-conditioning.
There are some wobbly bits – light bulbs blow, the water may not fill in the cistern, some fittings are at a jaunty angle, not all windows fit properly. But the manager, Ali, and his assistant endeavour to sort out any problem for you as soon as possible. Ali, a self-educated Kurd, is a fascinating and thoughtful person, very well informed and it is worth having a chat with him if you are interested in a Turkish perspective on the current socio-politico-economic situation of the country. He speaks excellent English he learnt from a grammar book and a little French. He can organise airport transfers for you – a good idea to have one for your arrival, just let him know via the hotel website when you book. If you are staying for several days the inbound transfer is complimentary, the return one is 25 euros.
We normally stay in good 3-5 star hotels but as there were 3 of us it was most economical to rent a suite. We really enjoyed this independent experience – like having your own serviced flat in Istanbul. And I recommend you stay a week – really 10 days is needed to fit in all the sights! Really, you won’t get bored. There is a fascinating sight round every corner of this cat-filled city. We highly recommend Blue Eye Suites, and would definitely stay there again on another visit.

Room Tip: 201 is the smallest room on the ground floor. The other two rooms on the upper two floors are larger...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Cookidog
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Blue Eye Suites was a wonderful home base for our trip to Istanbul.
We were so happy with the room and with the help and care from Ali. It didn't feel like we were staying at a hotel, it felt like we were staying with a friend. And a wonderful friend at that.
The apartment was spacious, very clean, bright and warm and welcoming.
We were met at the airport by a friend of Ali's and felt so taken care of. We arrived at Blue Eye Suites and Ali showed us our apartment. We were so happy with how nice it was and so happy to have a friend like Ali.
Thank you so much for making our trip so enjoyable and for being so helpful and hospitable.

Room Tip: We had room 401 which was perfect. We were high enough to have it be quiet at night, and it was very...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

It was cold when we arrived in Istanbul and the apartment was very nice and warm (you could regulate the heating) with tea , coffee facilities , fridge, cooking facilities etc.. Beds very good and extra bedding if you needed.
Very good welcome from Ali and another young man. We left early one morning and perhaps we should have pre-warned them of our early start as we couldn't find anyone to pay for our stay apart from the breakfast lady who spoke no English. She was very nice and contacted Ali. We were given a visit card on the 1st day but didn't think of using it ! Situated in a normal and pleasant district of Istanbul (opposite a small park area)which made it interesting but also near the sea of Marmara (5mns on foot) with fish sellers and fish restaurants . Also close to the main sites (10 / 15 mns or so on foot ). Breakfast was bread and a boiled egg, a little jam & butter, a few olives, tomatoes and a little cold meat .
Would definitely recommend The B.E.Suites for the lovely apartment and warm welcome.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathalie123656
Reviewed 1 February 2012

it is my secont time in istanbul , this time i was with my famly . we chosed this place it was very nice place . out of turistic aria . and it is very clean . thank you ali

Room Tip: we stay 3th flor it was realy nice , they can ask for this flat .
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at the Blue Eye Suites for 4 nights and had a really fabulous time. The apartment was exceptionally roomy and very well laid out. There was everything supplied. It was within walking distance of Sultanhamet and also Cemberlites which is a busy area with plenty of shops and restaurants to choose from. I travelled on my own and felt completely safe and secure in this area. I got lost the first evening back to the apartment and everyone I met along the way, trying to find my way back to the apartment, were extremely helpful and even walked me part of the way back. I would thoroughly recommend the Blue Eye Suites for a lovely place to stay when in Istanbul. The price per night was €40 which included breakfast each morning being left outside your door so no need to leave your apartment each morning to go to a dining room which I think is a great idea as you can have your breakfast at your ease. Also I got dropped back to the airport on my departure which was a god send to me as I had a lot of luggage. An excellent and friendly service and I would give it 20 out of 10.

Room Tip: I was in the basement and I found it lovely and peaceful.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 489Sunflower
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Ali, the manager of the hotel was really helpfull. He assisted us to replan our itinerary so it's became more effective. He also polite and willing to made us comfort during our stay.

The apartment is really good. Very clean and big enough. Comfortable and convinient.

Will be back again for sure if we go to Istanbul.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family