“Gorgeous Hotel on the water”

The House Hotel Bosphorus
Ranked #144 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Boston, Massachusetts
“Gorgeous Hotel on the water”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We spent 8 nights (celebrating our wedding anniversary) at the House Hotel Bosphorous in August and had the best vacation ever. The hotel manager Bahar Karaca couldn't be more helpful, she went overboard with all her advice on where to go, dine or shop and made our stay even more enjoyable as we felt like locals. The hotel room was beautiful, extremely clean, with lots of details like modern chandeliers, automated curtains, that makes you feel at a luxury boutique hotel. The bathroom was all marble, modern fixtures, and L'Occitane toiletteries. The bed was modern and sheets were soft (I am picky with hotel beds &sheets) , and came with a Nespresso coffee maker. The rooms are small , but charming (European style). The hotel has it's own character, with an amazing terrace overlooking the Bosphorous (breakfast included). The staff is incredibly helpful from the reception area, restaurant staff , maid service. I give a rate of 100. Congratulations on a job well done!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
The House H, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Dear Pilar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The House Hotel Bosphorus, your candid feedback is much appreciated. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are very happy to hear your stay with us was enjoyable.

We hope to see you again when your travels take you back to Istanbul.

Warm regards,

The House Hotel Bosphorus Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The House Hotel Bosphorus was a great place to stay in Istanbul. The rooms are great, and reasonably priced. The location is perfect, right on the river. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. We will never forget this hotel in the years to come because we were the first couple to get married here at this hotel. The ceremony was small and the hotel provided the lounge for our ceremony. We are ever so grateful for everything the place had to offer. Internet was great. Yes, parties there (and next door) nightly...but nothing to worry about. Breakfast was the best! and comes in the fees. Also the hours are until 0730 until 1200, nice.

Dear Chavezita,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The House Hotel Bosphorus as well as your invaluable feedback. It was an honor to have hosted your ceremony and witness your special day.

We would love to see you again soon at The House Hotel Bosphorus so we hope you will come back and visit us for your anniversary .

Warm regards,

The House Hotel Bosphorus Team
New York, NY
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I was hoping to write a glowing review of the hotel, but am now very annoyed that I am unable to get a refund on a mistaken charge.

Positives:
- Lovely design. Modern with character. Great amenities in the room (fancy coffee, bottled water, toiletries, etc.) Room was spacious (we upgraded, but saw the standard room which was perfectly adequately sized.
- Great location. Ortakoy has a great neighborhood feel, with great places to eat and a lot of life. You need to be comfortable doing a fair amount of walking.
- Wonderful, friendly, accommodating staff. We arrived very early and they allowed us to stay in an empty room until our room was available. I left my passport in that room, and they worked hard to find it. I had some good chats with the people at the front desk.
- Great restaurant - expensive but worth it. The free hotel breakfast was very good as well.

Negatives:
- I was mistakenly charged a $300 deposit that wasn't credited to my final bill. That part I didn't mind. What I do mind is it's almost a month later, and no sign of credit on my bill, and the hotel hasn't responded to my emails for two weeks. That makes me irate. I am a few days away from contesting through my credit card, which I should not have to do, especially for a hotel of this calibre/cost. They really need to improve their business practices in this regard.
- The noise. I actually like a bit of street noise, but the room was literally thumping on Friday night at 2 AM, with music coming from the DJ at the hotel bar.
- The balconies need to be included in the maid service. I paid significantly more to have a room with a balcony, and it was covered in bird poop.
- There was a bit of a sewage-y smell in the room.
- Tiny closets.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sj_6243
THHG, Revenue Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Dear sj6243,

Thank you for your comments and for the time spend on sharing your experience with us.
Regarding the mistaken charge, please kindly accept our apologies for the mistake, as well as, for the delay on our correspondance. These practices are not professional and not of our standards, therefore we will make sure that this situation does not occur in the future and the charge has been refunded back last Friday to your bank account.

We really look forward to give us another chance to show you that we can do much better.

Best regards from The House Hotel Bosphorus team
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My stay at the House Hotel Bosphorus could not have been better! It is the perfect hotel for trendy, young, good looking people who are looking explore Istanbul during the day and night. The hotel is situated in one of the trendiest & most central areas of Istanbul making it extremely easy to get around the city, as well as convenient to go to all of the best restaurants and night spots. Most importantly, the hotel was clean, comfortable, and chic. The service was impeccable...the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I would most certainly stay here again & highly recommend it to all!

1 Thank traveller320
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The hotel was everything we had expected in a small boutique type hotel and the view was spectacular! I had particularly requested a room with a view. But the first night was a veritable nightmare as our room did not have double glazed windows, so the noise from the club next door kept us up till the early hours of the morning. We are used to sleeping in absolute quiet, so it was distressing to hear the thumping music, especially the heavy bass, that seemed interminable. The next day, they fixed the windows, and it was much better, although it could still be further improved; how I have no idea, short of closing down the club next door!! (I had to buy earplugs to sleep). Having said that, the staff was excellent, breakfast with a fabulous view of the Bosphorus was the best way to start the day, and after a hectic day of sight-seeing, it was always a joy to go back to our room and to enjoy the therapeutic sight that greeted us. I would love to recommend the hotel to my friends (Istanbul is becoming a very popular destination), but I'm just afraid that they might have a problem with the noise next door. Without it, this would be THE perfect hotel in Istanbul for me.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank may f
THHG, Revenue Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Dear may f,

Thank you very much for your time and your comments. The satisfaction of our guests is our main aim and therefore the contribution of each of our guests is extremely important and useful.
Regarding the noise, we have placed double glazed windows in all the missing rooms and so hope to avoid any inconvenience and be able to exceed our guests’ expectations in all ways.
We really look forward to welcome you and your friends at The House Hotel Bosphorus.

Best regards,

The Hotel Team
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Did not know what to expect from my first trip to Turkey. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The room was very comfortable and had the most spectacular view. There was so much to see and so much going on that I could just sit and watch and be entertained. The breakfast was probably my favorite part of the stay there. The view from the dining area was unobstructed and breathtaking. My next favorite part was the playlist they had. We had a blast in the restaurant and met so many people from all over the world. I love boutique hotels and this one was very special. Not too big, not too small. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear sferringto,

Thank you so much for your contribution and nice comments about our hotel. We are really happy to hear that your stay with us was of your full satisfaction and that you are looking forward to coming back.

Best regards from The House Hotel Bosphorus
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 7 August 2011

What a wonderfully location and ambiance. I enjoyed the location and view from my room And balcony at the second floor, facing the Bospuros. The hotel is new, so you will better off telling the taxi driver to take you to The House Cafe at Ortükoy. It's just bellow the hotel.

The room was on the smaller side very ellegentlly decorated. There are problems though with some of the facilities, but the staff is doing their best to fix them. The fridge' s door never sealed closed, as a result the items inside were warm. It was uninstaled and reinstalled with the same problem. The bathroom celing-high door, double face mirrored got loose at the top henge and slamed against the wall. That was fixed immedietlly. Luckelly it did not fall. Unlike the Galatasari branch the room didn't have forks, nives and spoons, which are not offered by the cafe bellow with your takeaway meals. The rooms did not have shower baths like the Gslatasari branch, but I noticed they do were stocked with bed sheets at the corridor two days before I checked out. The water from the cabene' reservoir was running throughout my stay, though I brought it out to the service man ,and hotel represintituve when they came to fix the door. The water temp at the shower fluctuates in conteniouse pulses, but the temp change is, though noticeable, not major. The nespresso machine was problematic sometimes, but will eventuolly work. And the shower door did not seal close at the bottom, as a result, water will spill out to the br floor. Luckelly I had the mat towle on the floor.

The music loud sound is heard up to 1:30 am from the house cafe and another near by resturant, but it's a part of the location ambiance.

I have to mention that the staff is freindlly, and very well manners. Though when I asked a front desk lady for utencils to eat my dinner i bought from the house cafe (who refused to give me any to est my meal) it took them over half an hour to delliver. I know it wasn't their problem, and that the house cafe's manager who snached the silverwear I was given by one of his floor men from my hands when I told him that I am a guesst at the house hotel; claiming that they will provide me with my needs. (a very rude establishment the house cafe is. It was hard to make a to-go order and harder to find someone to pay for the order. And impossible to get napkins and utensils to eat my food. I ended up using my hands to eat my food!!!!!)

Having said all that, i think that this place is built on good bases and with time will turn into a very fine institution. One has to have in mind that it is less than three months old. I can't wait to visit again. If they will take me after what I just wrote ;o))

• Stayed July 2011