“A wonderful few days at the House Hotel Bosphorous .”

Ranked #170 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had an outstanding room, beautifully decorated with a wonderful view of the Bosphorous. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating and upgraded our room because it was our 50th anniversary. The breakfast included a vast array of fruits, breads, and other goodies in a charming room overlooking the water. Instead of pointing the way to a nice restaurant they actually took us there. It is well located close to markets and restaurants. They also recommended a great guiding service, "locally Istanbul"with well educated English-speaking guides. We used Umit Aggul who was very knowledgeable and fun. The area is the partying section of town so be sure to use the earplugs the hotel provides if you are not late night party types.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Bosphorous so that you can watch all the ships going by and the twinkling...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear GrannySanny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about The House Hotel Bosphorus.

Once again, happy 50th wedding anniversary to you both!

It was an honor for my team and I to host you on this very special celebratory trip. I am so happy that you had a great time in Istanbul and enjoyed the whole experience.

When your travels take you back our way, it would be a pleasure to see you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 October 2013

House Hotel Bosphorus provided us the perfect seque to our Sanbourne cruise. The staff, and especially the manager, provided knowledgable guidance to all facets of this noisy, crowded, but fascinating city. The well appointed rooms, though on the small side (understandable given their origins), were extremely comfortable and quite beautiful. We also liked the location, near enough to the old city and perfectly positioned on the Bosphorus. We look forward to our return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear hoovermor,

My team and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great start to your vacation! Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Bosphorus.

All the best,

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Running my own company I get very little annual leave, so when I take a few days down time all I want to do is chill out in style, in lovely surroundings and with good service. The House Hotel is trying to be Soho House & might get there one day if it did not treat it's guests as an after thought. We stayed 2 days in the Nisantasi hotel and 2 days in the Bosphorus. On the first night we got a note under our door at 5pm saying there was an event in the lounge and we could not use it, and the second day we were told the breakfast lounge was being used for a photo shoot and we would have to choose from the a la carte menu and go next door, not sit in comfort and choose from the buffet table. On the night we arrived and I wanted to chill out in the lounge I also went to the gym, which was opposite the lounge. I was forced to walk through crowds of people drinking champagne in my shorts and top to get to the gym, who then kept peeking through, opening the door. When I left I had to step over people outside, sitting drinking in the lounge where I should be sitting by the far relaxing. Instead my sister and I were confined to our box room, watching a download movie on our laptop listening to the taxi rank taxi drivers arguing outside. They were there all night long and so for the two nights of our stay we also got no sleep, no lounge and no buffet breakfast. The hotel manageress was very apologetic and said the order to rent out the hotel came from head office and was beyond her control. To try and apologise she organised a boat trip and did not charge for our food bill, but I would rather have paid and been able to relax and enjoy my stay, not feel upset and angry as a paying guest of over £260+ per night (we did not see the discount rates on secret escapes) would expect.

Room Tip: We would never use this company again, and nearly fell over when we left and they suggested we come...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank NottingHillWorld

Dear NottingHillWorld,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, we appreciate your candid feedback.

I am sincerely sorry that your experience at The House Hotel Bosphorus did not live up to your expectations. I completely understand you have a hectic work schedule and you were looking to relax and enjoy a well-deserved break during your short trip to Istanbul.

From time to time, we host private functions and rarely photo shootings at our Lounge area. When this happens, we make arrangements for our guests to enjoy breakfast/lunch/dinner at The House Café Ortakoy which is located in the same historical building as us offering the same views and ambiance. When the Lounge is closed and we serve breakfast at The House Café to our hotel guests, besides the a la carte menu, we make sure buffet items are also available to our guests should they have such a request. Unfortunately your two days at our hotel coincided with two such events so I completely understand your frustration and I apologize for it.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a misinterpretation you might have about our brand. The House Hotels is an independent boutique hotel brand, not a private members-only club. As such, our Lounge is open to other patrons (non-hotel guest) who are welcome to come and enjoy drinks and/or meals.

In terms of the size of the rooms, both of our buildings are historical landmarks and were built as private mansions. Therefore our standard rooms are on the smaller side while offering high ceilings and large windows.

At The House Hotel Bosphorus, we strive to ensure our guests have a flawless experience and enjoy every minute of their stay. Once again, please allow me to sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations on this visit to our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

It doesnt matter if you stay for holiday or business, this hotel is absolutley recommendable. Very kind people, very clean, very friendly, very good location ! I will definitley come back again!"
The breakfast is international and turkish delights! Really very good! The read every wish from your eyes! The view is more than perfect directly to the Boshporus.
The onliest thing is 6 am in morning when the IMAM is starting to pray for 5 minutes. You dont need anymore an wakeup call! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear markusjung,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at The House Hotel Bosphorus. My team and I greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are very happy to welcome you to our hotel. Our thanks for your loyalty and making The House Hotel Bosphorus your home when in Istanbul.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The House Hotel is a boutique hotel with warm, professional service. This historic converted mansion commands a scenic view of the Bosphorous. It rests in a lively, colorful area of Istanbul, all within a taxi ride of the Old City. A rare treat!

• Stayed: October 2013
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Susan557,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about The House Hotel Bosphorus.

My team and I are glad that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our unique area.

We hope to see you again when you travel back to Istanbul.

Warm regards to NY,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Spent 6 days at the House on the Bosphorous. Was an amazing experience. The location is fantastic, the staff is incredibly helpful and take care of any and all requests (eg personally walking me to a local kebab place). The hotel manager Bahar, takes a personal interest in each and every guest (something I have never experienced before)...giving tour guide, sightseeing and Resteraunt recommendations. Thanks to all the hotels recommendations we were able to see Istanbul like locals....just the way we would have wanted it. Highly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simrankalra07
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Simrankalra07,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The House Hotel Bosphorus.

It was a pleasure meeting you and having you with us for almost a week. I am very happy you enjoyed your time with us and felt comfortable.

My team and I thank you for your wonderful feedback. Your recognition is truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Bosphorus on your next visit to Istanbul.

All the best,

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel in May 2012 but I have only signed up to Tripadviser now and thought I should review this hotel.

Firstly i should start with the staff who were excellent and very friendly. On arriving we were given an upgrade and the only shame was that the Ortakoy Mosque was covered in scaffolding.

The food was delicious, the room fantastic and service impeccable.

There could be problems getting to and from the tourist locations because of Istanbul's "big traffic problem" but this is a small price to pay.

If you are a light sleeper you might have problems with the noise but i cannot imagine anywhere being particularly quiet in this wonderful city.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wilyotter
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear wilyotter,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about The House Hotel Bosphorus. I appreciate you taking the time to do this even though you stayed with us a while ago.

My team and I are very happy you and your girlfriend had a great stay and enjoyed our hotel.

Unfortunately the Ortakoy Mosque is still covered in scaffolding but we hope the renovation of this important landmark will come to an end by the end of this year.

Many thanks for your candid feedback about traffic and noise. To beat traffic, we recommend using private and public boats to our guests as we are located right on the water. As for noise, as you said, staying in our neighborhood of Ortakoy might not be ideal for our guests who are light sleepers. But at the same time, the vibe and energy of Ortakoy also add to its allure as one of the most popular areas in Istanbul.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit.

Kind regards to London,