“A Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #162 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Chicago, Illinois
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

After negative experiences at two different hotels, I was so glad to find there is such a thing as quality and service in Istanbul! The hotel is beautiful, and the rooms have many charming details. It is in a historic building, beautifully restored, and nothing seems old or run down. The House Hotel is in a great location overlooking the Bosphorus and Ortakoy square, with many nice restaurants nearby. But it was the service that set this hotel apart. The hotel is very well-managed. From the moment I stepped in the door I felt welcome and comfortable. The staff are friendly, professional and and helpful; the General Manager is accessible and makes a point of greeting guest in the lobby and breakfast lounge to make sure we are enjoying our stay. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cristalt
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Cristalt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about The House Hotel Bosphorus.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest. My team and I are very happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us. Many thanks for recognizing our dedication which is indeed the crux of our service philosophy.

When your travels bring you to Istanbul again, we look forward to welcoming you back to Ortakoy.

My heartfelt thanks and best regards,

bahar.karaca@thehousehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The trip was magical and the hotel made it more perfect than it already was. The location is beautiful and the room we got was breathtaking. The view on the Bosphorus from the room is just something you should not miss out on. We were treated so well the staff gave us the perfect places to go out to eat and for drinks. The service was amazing, was never treated as good in my life. We met the manager of the hotel, she was very kind with us and treated us like her friends which we appreciated a lot. Next time I would come to Istanbul I would not even hesitate to book again in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Rajnat,

My team and I are very happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and had a great time in Istanbul.

Next time you travel our way, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Bosphorus.

Kind regards,

Fairfax, California
Reviewed 12 January 2014

At first, I was very excited when I booked this hotel. We really wanted to stay a few nights on the Bosphorus. The location and view are great. Ortakoy is a very happening area but the music from the clubs go until 2am and it's loud. Then a very load call to prayer at 5am. I understand and appreciate the call to prayer and has never bothered me at any other hotel that I have stayed at in Istanbul. This one is so loud that seems as if your room was being raided by the police or something. I travel with ear plugs too. In addition, I also had experienced the itchiness that another reviewer had mentioned here. Sure enough, there were holes in the bedding as the same reviewer described. Management were indifferent to the whole situation and my concerns with their cleanliness. I checked out early as well with no offer of compensation from this hotel. I have traveled around the world and stayed at many places and have never experienced what I did here or needed to check out early due to concerns. If you need to stay in this area, I suggest you plan on not sleeping before 2am. The views were killer from this hotel, no doubt, but there must be other options. Personally, I find the Sultanahmet are much more peaceful and quiet

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Phishow
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear DAGMarin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about The House Hotel Bosphorus and your candid thoughts.

I am disappointed your experience with us was less than perfect. The feedback of our guests is very important to me so please be assured that I had given your feedback a lot of thought and would like to address the points you raise.

As you also mentioned in your review, our neighborhood Ortakoy is an extremely vibrant area so I would like to reiterate this fact. It is known for its active entertainment and nightlife, it is always busy and it is by no means a quiet area. Since you had read the past reviews about our hotel, you must have noticed a great number of Tripadvisor users who had previously stayed in our hotel make it very clear in their reviews that Ortakoy is not a quiet neighborhood.

As for the prayer, we are located very close to the Ortakoy Mosque, another Istanbul landmark, so hearing the prayer is inevitable. Since you also stayed in the Sultanahmet area which has numerous mosques, perhaps you experienced the prayers prior to your arrival to our hotel. I am always happy to make arrangements for our noise-sensitive guests at our sister hotel located in the charming Nisantasi area which also happens to be very quiet.

Regarding your concern about our textiles, our bedding and towels are laundered on a daily basis. Although rare, we do see wear&tear on some materials occasionally. The entire product line is changed on a regular basis to upkeep with our brand standards.

If I may ask you to kindly send me an email with details of your stay so we can discuss further. Once again, I thank you for your input.

Warm regards,

bahar.karaca@thehousehotel.com
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

This is a heaven in istanbul, best professionals are here, romantic and full of excitement gathered in this hotel, if you would like to taste of perfectiveness come and stay in this hotel. Special thanks to Bahar (GM of the hotel), for her eccellent organisation and kind assistance Belma & Kaan

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Belkaerler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about The House Hotel Bosphorus.

It was a great pleasure for my team and I to have you as our guests during this special time. We are delighted you had a memorable experience. Heartfelt thanks for your kind words and recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.

Warm regards and Happy New Year,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

The view of the hotel over the Bosphorus, the bridge and the Ortaköy Mosque (even if in refurbishment) is simply superb. The rooms are spotless and large, but is the great service provided by all the employees that makes this hotel special. We asked to change room due to some noisy neighbours and we were upgraded to the top floor suite and we always received great help from reception, whether it was for choosing or reserving a restaurant or changing a plane ticket. This is what makes a hotel special - thank you!

Room Tip: Top floor suites are fantastic - no match with the other rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Zia_Angelina,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about The House Hotel Bosphorus.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great experience. My Reception & Guest Services team are very excited about your wonderful comments, thank you for your distinction.

When you return to Istanbul in the future, we hope we will get to welcome you back to Ortakoy.

Warm regards and Happy New Year,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a trip to Turkey and even though he was sick most of the time we were in Istanbul, I would have to say the hotel staff mad the trip very accommodating. They called a Dr. for us and got us anything we needed while he was resting. The hotel is in a beautiful location and has such a great cafe right on the Bosporus. The rooms are a bit small, but stylish and feasible considering you're not really going to spend that much time in your room anyway. The food was okay at the cafe, but the view completely made up for it. There was a bit of a mosquito situation when we were there, as in we were eaten alive, but the staff was kind enough to get us those things you plug into the wall to repel them.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bahar K, General Manager at The House Hotel Bosphorus, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Monira A,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience about The House Hotel Bosphorus when you stayed with us back in September.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us even though your husband was not feeling well.

I will be sure to share your feedback about the food at The House Café which is our neighbor. As for the mosquitoes, since we are located right on the Bosphorus, they are present in the Summer months and early Fall but as you mentioned, we take necessary precautions to prevent any discomfort to our hotel guests.

It would be a pleasure to see you again at our hotel when your travels take you back to Istanbul.

Warm regards to Dubai and Happy New Year,

London
Reviewed 31 December 2013

For our wedding anniversary we stayed at this beautiful design hotel and got promptly upgraded to a room overlooking the Bosphorus Bridge. The staff were wonderful and most helpful, suggesting trips, making dinner reservations and getting us into the club next door, Angelique, which is notorious for it's queues to get in. Yes, the room was noisy at night (we stayed over a weekend), but we brought ear plugs and were fine. You just can't beat the view, the friendly staff and the design aspect of the hotel.

Room Tip: Definetly worth getting the direct view over the Bosphorus.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear meganf,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at The House Hotel Bosphorus.

Your wonderful feedback is truly appreciated by my team and I. We are delighted that you had a memorable time at our hotel celebrating your wedding anniversary.

We look forward to welcoming you again when you travel back to Istanbul in the future.

Warm regards to London and Happy New Year,