“Average service, but GREAT breakfast and location”
Review of Merih 2 Hotel

Merih 2 Hotel
Ranked #998 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Istanbul, Turkey
“Average service, but GREAT breakfast and location”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed at Merih 2 Hotel for two nights with the price 50 euro / night for single room, on this September. The room was quite small, but it's clean. But, I was a little bit unsatisfied when one day, i left my room at 11 am, and when i came back in the afternoon, my room was not cleaned up. I don;t know, maybe that because they forgot or because I didn't mention about it. I didn't really care about it since I only have another 1 day for staying.
The reception is nice, and the breakfast was so GREAT with many kind of creepes, cakes and many more. The other thing, the location is very closed to Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Cistern Bassilica, etc. It is oly five minutes walking distance.
The thing which made me unsatisfied is only my room was not cleaned up. But, out of this issue, i can say that this hotel is quite good.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Nurul L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
funabashi
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I have been to Istanbul 18 times sight seeing and sometimes transfer. 5 or 4 star hotels are far from main sight seeing area. So I suggest you to stay a hotel in old town. I believe this hotel is one of few cleanest hotels in old town area. Air conditionars here work perfectly. I have stayed here comfortable.You can enjoy home made breakfast. You can go to almost all of attraction places less than 5 minutes walk from this hotel.

Room Tip: if you stay at rooms on the 3rd or 4 th floor, you can enjoy views more.