Stray Cat Hostel
  • Restaurant
Sunflower Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have spent a lot of time travelling and stayed in many hostels, and this was one of my favourites. We found the rooms clean and comfortable, the cats were sweet and the breakfast was SO good!! The thing that really made this place for us, though, was the kindness of the owners. Sedat and Chris went out of their way to make us feel at home and ensure that we enjoyed our time in Istanbul. They went out with us on several nights and took us to an awesome reggae bar! the hostel also has a great common area where it is impossible not to meet people. I made close friends there from around the world and I'm sure we'll be in touch for a long time. I'd re-visit Istanbul just to stay at Stray Cat again. Best week ever!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank Emma K

This hostel was great !
I went there, waiting to find a place to live for a year in istanbul.
I arrived there very early in the morning (something like 2 or 3) and the room was thus not empty yet. But the staff found a way to let me sleep on the couch, giving me some sheets.
The location is great. near taksim.
People inside are friendly,and the staff is great !
Always trying to make you feel better, helping you finding places. Giving advice for great places...
The room is ok, good bed, just a little noisy when you leave the windows open.
I stayed there for a month and i had to go back in instanbul again i definitly would go there again?

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
11  Thank Loulouciz
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Stay Cats is amazing. The guys are truly kind and willing to help with anything. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun. There's a tram line just down the hill and the hippest part of Istanbul right up the hill. Highly recommended for the budget traveler.

• Stayed: November 2010
4  Thank bifurcation9
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Our experience at Stray Cat was absolutely fantastic! We ended up extending our stay an extra few nights because we were enjoying ourselves so much. One of our favourite things about Stray Cat was how social the hostel was. The setup allows for travelers to meet new people easily, not to mention the activities and outings arranged by Sedat and Chris to show you all the highlights of Istanbul. The location of this hostel is ideal, and the tram is just down the street. We would highly recommend this hostel and hopefully will be back in the near future!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank kathleenelizabeth
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Smart people, cleany and tidy rooms, also the bathroom. Managers remain awake all night in the common room, they'll never leave you alone and they give us some information. The hostel is very close to university and port bay. If I went back in Istanbul I'll booking in Stray Cat, again. I really love them :D

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends