“Location, location, location”

Ranked #453 of 1,038 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Taksim Life Hotel has a very convenient location right off Taksim Square where shuttle busses leave for both airports. The Sabihe Gokcen airport shuttle bus leaves every 30 minutes and costs 12 TL. The hotel has modern rooms with all facilities. We found that the sound isolation was quite good. At present there is no traffic behind the hotel as they are working on the road. Breakfast is good with some lovely home made marmelades. The only point of improvement for me would be the tea which is served from a big pot already prepared, therefore the tea is too black. The fitness is a bit small but in the end we did not even have time to use it because there is so much to do in Istanbul. What should be improved is that the reservation price was in Euros and that you have to pay upon arrival (although they have your creditcard details) in TL with their exchange rate which was obviously not as good as elsewhere. There are busses that go to other parts of the city from Taksim Square, or you can take the funicular down to the ferry port or tramway. Once you know how it works, the location is very convenient. Get an Istanbul card at the kiosk on the corner, they will also give you back your deposit upon departure when you give the card back.

Room Tip: We had room 401 (a twin) which was a very quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kjongman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
Reviewed 23 December 2012

i stayed in this hotel for 5 nights during December and it was great small hotel with friendly staff (Haroun & Karim) they were really helpful. the hotel location is great and very close to taksim squar and Istiqlal street. but they dont have kettle and iron. i recommend this hotel if you are looking for low budget holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank love1983
Mersin, Turkey
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed in Taksim Life Hotel in Nov 2012. The hotel location was awesomeee, it is in Taksim where you can find everything you want; entertainment, restaurants, cafes, bars, shops....etc

The hotel is a small boutique hotel and decoration is very very nice and elegant, rooms are clean.

The staff was really helpful. It was very nice experienced to stay at Taksim Life Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Elvan Y
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed in this hotel with my wife and twin babies in November 2012.(Room 101) Since we have 1 year old twins we need 2 baby cots for them (naturally). Both the time of booking and as well as a couple of days before entering the hotel, we specifically remind the baby cots. (I should not even need to do that). However, after check -in, we faced the shock of our lives (when we had access to the room). Instead of 2 baby co.ts, they spread 2 blankets on the floor and told us that we can make our babies sleep on them. The reservation was done months ago, and what was offered to us was certainly unacceptable. Hotel management did NOTHING. Nobody was interested with us. The attitude of the hotel was unbelievable; take it or leave it.
It was 11pm and unfortunately we had no choice but to accept this situation.
That night, my wife and I had to wait until the morning, because our babies were turning left and right (as every little baby) and were hitting their heads, legs or arms over the place. (and of course they were waking up crying continuously). The only reason that nothing happened to our children was my wife. She stayed awake all night.
In addition, our room did not have even extra blankets. It took 1 hour for the hotel to bring us extra blankets.
Also the hotel has an incredibly noisy location. I was even able to hear people talking (Passers-by the road) very clearly. Cars, busses, taxies, crowd etc… Noisiest hotel we ever stayed. It was impossible to sleep.
Breakfast was a complete fiasco. We were trying to have breakfast in cold weather on the ground floor (in front of the reception desk). (if you can find a table with for yourself). Also the breakfast is very poor in terms of content. I can easily say that, I had to make the worst breakfast of my life.
I certainly do not understand how this hotel has 4 stars. The service offered is no more than 2 stars.
We stayed at the Istanbul/Taksim area many times. I wrote many positive comments about other hotels but I have never encountered such a bad hotel. Do not choose this hotel if you are staying in Istanbul. Your holiday will be disgraced. It‘s a shame to spent a single cent for this hotel when there are many wonderful hotels around. Those who desire, I took lots of pictures of what we encountered. (for proof)
In summary, the location of the hotel is very bad, very noisy, poor breakfast, unbelievably bad customer relations and etc…
This hotel gives no value to customers.
If you care yourself and your vacation, stay away from this hotel. There are hundreds wonderful hotel in Taksim area. Choose one of them. Not this one.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank boramazhar

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 15 November 2012

But very high quality and stylish boutique hotel. Rooms are spacious, open all the white man's house. Cleanliness are important. My room was cleaned and refreshed every day. Breakfast was awesome. The staff was very pleased. Never ever again think of lodging.Not forgetting the hammam and sauna and free both kullandırtıyorlar you feel that this is a special aroused. I have not had any difficulties or other lack of internet.

Room Tip: Try in the middle of the fun and peaceful as it appears in the pictures of the heart.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank NİSAN S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Very nice holiday for me. Next to Taksim Istiklal street. Very clean hotel. The staff are very involved and friendly. I would recommend for a holiday in the beautiful and high quality. Hotel staff thank you very much.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank juliamccarty
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My room was clean, modern and comfortable. I had a single room and it was compact but efficient. Note: this is a hotel where you do have to put the key in by the door to get the lights to work, but it means you won’t misplace the key once inside!

There is a dip into the elevator, it’s the floor, not the floor of the elevator and is only on the floor that the lobby is on.

The first night I took a shower, I was concerned I was going to flood the bathroom and it would soak into the carpet of the room. Unlike other Turkish bathrooms, the shower it at floor level here… The drain didn’t want to drain, and I soaked two towels taking a quick shower. The drain can be rigged- pull off the cover and wedge the package for the q-tips (cotton swabs) and a sea won’t be created at your feet. It’s a drain that theoretically should open when there is water by the weight alone, but it doesn’t work… or rather it did not in my room.

At the elevator there is a sign stating not to bring in outside food or drink. It’s not enforced, I walked by blatantly with a Starbucks cup in my hand and on day one I had a bag of groceries. The mini fridge is RADICALLY over-priced. It was two EURO for a bottle of water, nothing fancy. There is a shop in Taksim, right by Bambi’s (on the side with all the fast food venders) that is cheap, it should be half a lira for a bottle of water, and it’s not the same brand as the hotel so it should not be confused.

Skip the hotel café unless you are hungry beyond all get out and need some convenience. It is also loud, but the food is reasonably priced and not bad (ten Lira for a Coke, hamburger and fries). Taksim is an EASY walk up the street, it’s a block if you go up, or you can turn right at the door and go up a side street. The hotel reception tried to tell me it was a half-hour… the guy on the first day was also trying to sell me on sight-seeing, telling me he could give me ten percent off because he had a friend, it was priced in Euros, not Lira.

The wi-fi was an issue when staying at the hotel. There are only a couple of English speaking staff. There was a young man at the desk, in black (the English speakers wore white) who tried to blame me for the wireless not working on my computer. He then got another staff member to help but was very rude.

To use the Turkish Bath/sauna/gym downstairs you must have a reservation but no one was using it when I was there.

The breakfast spread is good- nothing too fancy but the service is good.

Room Tip: Check booking on other websites, it may be cheaper.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo