“If we come back to Istanbul, we'll come back to Minel”
Review of Minel Hotel

Minel Hotel
Ranked #231 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Minel. The facilities are very new in this hotel. The double room and the bathroom were very clean. The staff was very kind and friendly and make us spend enjoyable breakfast times.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Perfect location! Very close to Santa Sofia Mosque and Galata Bridge is just ten minutes walking. Perfect for going by walk to the most importants monuments and importants areas in Istanbul. Good Price. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast (included) and clean and quiet rooms. From our room we saw Gulhane Park. Just 9 rooms. Very familiar :)

Reviewed 12 August 2011

The hotel is perfectly situated in the old town of Konstantinoupoli and the street is very quite. The owners are very helpful, friendly and willing, you will enjoy the atmosphere of the place. The only thing to take in consideration is the size of the rooms, are really small. Don't hesitate is a perfect solution!

1  Thank Eirini K
Reviewed 9 August 2011

what an excellent hotel! Metin and his staff were very great people and very helpful and friendly. They gave us lots of tips about the city. The hotel is new and the rooms are beautiful and very clean. And what a great location! Walking distance to all touristic places.
I definitely recomend this hotel and I want to come back to Istanbul and stay there again! Thanks Metin and all the staff for the excellent stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ipinheiro81
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed in this hotel just for two nights at the end of our trip in Turkey but I was so impressed that I wanted to stay longer. The rooms are very nice designed, for breakfast you can have anything from eggs to fruits. The manager of the hotel is a very nice guy and very friendly. Also the location of the hotel is in the Sultanahmet which is the center of Istanbul. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

We had one night in Istanbul before our trip really began. We wanted to be as close to the "touristy" stuff as we could so we could maximize our site-seeing and because the rest of our stay in Istanbul was to be in Beyoglu. We didn't want to stay in a hostel, and didn't want to spend a lot... and we also have pretty high standards when it comes to clean/modern... Luckily we found The Minel!

Firstly, the place looks as cute as the photos on Trip Advisor. A very well-designed modern, cute and clean hotel. The room was tiny, but the design was so well done that we didn't miss the space at all. The bathroom was great... all new everything. For the price, we could not have asked for more.

On top of the location and look of the hotel, the owner/host and staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. We enjoyed talking with them, and when we showed up 2 hours before check-in time, they offered us some Turkish coffee and had our room ready about 40 minutes later. After a long trip there, we were incredibly happy about this!

I would say the only thing I would mention as not being great is the noise of the other guest's doors closing. We didn't notice any street noise or anything, but there were a couple of guests who were a bit noisy when walking down to the first floor. It wasn't enough to bother us... we had ear plugs with us, but didn't need them in the end... it was a minor detail.

The breakfast was better than the nicer hotels we stayed at on our trip, and tea/coffee at all times was lovely.

Upon leaving, they helped us get a taxi and helped carry our bags... I offered a tip, and it was very politely refused with a smile. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to a friend traveling to Istanbul or to anyone looking for a great deal in the middle of Sultanahmet.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank avideno
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This has to be one of the best hotels for the price I've ever been to. The rooms are modern looking and very inviting. Food for breakfast is also exceptional, it was the only place in Turkey where I stayed that had gozleme for breakfast (and I've been into 6 different hotels, guesthouses etc. on my trip), which is a Turkish dish that I really loved. Also it is located in the Sultanahmet area which is the old town center, so all the main attractions you want to see are within walking distance. And how can I not mention the host, he is very hospitable, talkative, but not intrusive, a great person overall.

I hope some of you who will read this will find it helpful, because if I ever return to Istanbul I already know where I'd be staying