“Great !”

Ranked #137 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Paris, France
“Great !”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Situated in Etiler on the European side the hotel is quite new and very beautifully decorated and kept. On arrival there was a security check for the taxi and the Reception staff were extremely helpful. As I am a starwoods member I was upgraded and escorted to my room. The room was of real 5 star quality with modern design and bright layout. Had a view looking down the highway towards the Faith Sultan Memmet Bridge. Had breakfast in the restaurant on 4th floor which was a buffet style with a big selection. Checkout was fast and efficient. Will definitely use again when on business trip.

1 Thank Xing-jia-bi
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, General Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is always a joy for us to read detailed comments from our guests . We were particularly happy that you appreciated our stylish hotel , staff and experience at La Torre Restaurant.

Being a brand new hotel , your feedback encourages the Le Meridien Istanbul team beyond words.

Thank you very much for choosing Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler and wish you a nice start to 2013!

Sabine Dorn Aglagul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler is a prime exemplar of what a luxury hotel should be. The modern design is striking, the views of the Istanbul Strait are commanding, and the rooms are well-appointed. The impressive structure is matched by the impeccable staff, always polite and helpful. The receptionist even greeted us by name and recognized us for our Starwood status. A courtesy that is so easy yet so few hotels actually practice it. The property’s location, very close the bridge, is another boon in a traffic congested city such as Istanbul. The restaurant staff deserves particular praise. Rarely do I encounter a hotel that provides such a distinguished dining experience, with creative cooking and waiters that aim to please, not just carry plates. This quality of service kept us dining at the hotel, notwithstanding the many other excellent restaurants of Istanbul. The only fly in the ointment was an odd case of overbilling at the top floor bar. It was quickly corrected after we caught it, and we have no reason to think it was anything but an honest mistake.

We paid 160 euros per night for the cheapest room category.

About my reviews: Few hotels are grand palaces, few hotels are monstrosities. Truth is, most hotels are just mediocre. In my reviews I always aim to provide a balanced account of pros and cons, and offer a path to improvement. I’m thankful for the hundreds of helpful votes I received here.

14 Thank WarmWhite
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, General Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, we would like to sincerely thank you for acknowledging us the way you did. It is obvious that you have a great travel experience in general and therefore we are even more grateful for your thoughtful feedback.

We also strongly believe that Le Meridien Istanbul is an exciting new destination where you can enjoy a unique and creative experience, culinary and service wise together with all the conveniences you should be expecting from our class.

Thanks so much for your personal feedback and review.

Our best wishes for 2013 from Istanbul,
Mutlu yillar,
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

Staff was well educated and caring. Rooms (had a free upgrade) were outstanding (clean, nicely arranged, well equiped). Food was very good (breakfast cafe + room service). Attentive to additional guest requests. Overall "all" was perfect.

• Stayed December 2012
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, General Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to read your lovely comments regarding our team members and F&B services.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.We wish you a happy new year !

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay here on our last night in Istanbul and we weren't disappointed! Luckily, my husband is a Starwoods Preferred Member and we received a wonderful room with a small but separate lounge and a bedroom with pillows like clouds. The balcony gave us an amazing view of the new bridge and the lights across this provided for a few stunning photos.

The room came with a gorgeous plate of fresh fruit and there was a scrumptious chocolate cigar shaped log with three separate sauces which unfortunately I had to share with my husband. I could have eaten one just by myself it was so good!

We really enjoyed the club lounge - the food was superb and just what we needed. The small cakes that were available looked too good to eat!

We enjoyed using the bath but noted that whilst everything else was provided in the bathroom (shavers, shampoo and condition), there was no bubble bath!

The only other thing we think could have been improved, or we just couldn't find it was the lights in the lounge room. We ended up moving the very funky magnet lamp into the lounge from the bedroom.

I can't wait to stay at another SPG Hotel.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FlightlessKiwis
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Dear FlightlessKiwis,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive Le Méridien Istanbul experience with us.
We do love pampering our Starwood Preferred Guests and in this light, we were thrilled reading that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Your suggestion on having a bubble bath is duly noted.

We would like to wish you all the best for 2013 and hope to welcome you back very soon.

With warmest regards,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I haven't stayed at too many Le Meridiens, as they are no that prevalent in the United States. That's too bad, as this property sold me on the idea that they offer truly world-class service and much bang for the buck.

As a platinum member of SPG, I received ana amazing upgrade. The room was a suite with a mini kitchen a living room area, and smallish but nice bedroom and large bathroom. But the patio... was HUGE! It was the size of some standard hotel rooms. I could have hosted a party for thirty people, and shared the amazing view from the 29th floor.

Another key reason I strongly recommend this plis the spa. The gym is ok, the indoor pool is quite nice, but the spa is exceptional. They have a hammam, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, lounge area, and plenty of treatment rooms for spa services. After a long day of wandering around the city, it was fantastic to unwind in the rather luxe spa area.

They have a club lounge with a nice breakfast and evening snacks. Service is very friendly, though sometimes you wish is a little less attentive. I think three different people participated in carrying my one bag thirty feet from the curbside to the front desk.

One disadvantage is location. The hotel is far away from the sites, and clearly meant to be a luxury option for business travelers. Once you figure out the bus and subway system, getting around is not so tough, and you can always splurge on the ever-waiting cabs outside. That can get expensive with the traffic at all hours of the day, so plan carefully.

Room Tip: A hint for booking a good rate: I saw a steep discount on the SPG site for staying four nights inste...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank kyle34
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Dear Valued Platinum Guest,

It is always a great pleasure to get such thorough and affirmative feedback from our Starwood Preferred Guests. We would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our services, Explore Spa and Club Lounge.

As we understand that you have truly enjoyed staying at our ‘residential suite’ we will make sure you will be welcomed to a similar one on your next visit.

Thank you very much again for choosing Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler.

Yours sincerely,

Fremont, California
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Excellent hotel, excellent service. I am SPG member so this hotel is the default choice, and being a gold member they alway bump me up, and I am thankful for that. Last time they bumped me to the Bosphorus view room on a high floor and the views were awesome!

Staff is friendly and speaks good english. Zafar one of the staff leads on the main floor is always awesome, with tips from getting around the city to just making the hotel stay comfortable. He always goes that extra mile, wether its from getting you to your room, to sorting something out for you in the lobby.

Neat quite spacious rooms. Excellent modern decor. I would definatly recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: 23rd floor and up have awesome views of the Bosphorus!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear Valued SPG Guest,

We were delighted to read your lovely comments regarding our team member and that you have received an excellent service. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and your valuable tips for future visitors.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I had a very mixed experience staying at Le Meridien Istanbul. Here's the summary:

Pro's

- beautiful new hotel with great style, nice rooms, cool rooftop terrace, nice gym, etc
- felt safe/secure

Con's

- horrid location if you're visiting Istanbul for sightseeing (without traffic, the cab ride to the main area of Istanbul is 30 minutes - with traffic, it's 1-1.5 hours)...probably better suited for the business traveler
- first impression of the hotel was soured by the person who checked me in (Saldiray Sen) - I always try to be friendly with the front desk staff but this looked like one of the unhappiest employees ever, no smile, didn't ask me how I was doing, seemed arrogant, etc (this isn't what I was expecting, as I had read great reviews on service here)
- breakfast was very expensive ($38-40 for the buffet)

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Bosphorus are nice
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We were saddened to read that you had a disheartening first impression of our services. Please rest assured that all Starwood team members are selected for their genuine attitude of top-notch service and a deep understanding of the human factor, that we believe is the fundemental attribute of a hotelier.

We were encouraged to read that you enjoyed the property and services as a whole and in this light hope that you will recall your initial arrival experience as an exception.

Yours sincerely,