Bada Bing Hostel
SuB Karakoy(Istanbul)
Incila Suites(Istanbul)
The Purl Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed for three days and I just it was amazing!!! The staff is really nice and the atmosphere was great. It´s a calm hostel, with places were you can chill out. The rooms are fine and the bathrooms look super clean. Everything is weel organized. Thank you all! You're really important in the wonderful days I spent there. I I totally recommend this hostel to everyone who goes to Istambul!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I had a great time staying here. It is in a great location, away from all of the tourists but close to all of the good eats, the ocean, shopping and all of the neat nooks and crannys .The staff was super helpful with any of my needs and the hostel was really clean.

Room Tip: I stayed in my own room the first night which was perfect. Clean, safe and quiet. the following nights I was in the female dorm which was not full but a bit noisy due to the neighboring room, this is to be expected. they quieted at a reasonable time but the wall was a bit thin.The Hostel is clean, safe and fun. A great roof terrace and upstairs to chill in, meet other travelers or to take a nap in the warm sun. A good breakfast in the morning and a place to cook if need be.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Good hostel:
- Pro's: hot, strong showers, solid breakfast, and very friendly staff.
- Con's: foot lockers under beds often had issues (i.e. we had to fetch the manager several times over our 2 day stay to unlock them despite properly inputting the code).

Overall a solid hostel. It was in a good location as well - after quick walk up the hill, you're right on Istiklal (a very lively street with tons of restaurants, bars, shops, etc.)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank glbhoy
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I am an Erasmus student (some exchange program) from Germany, currently studying in Istanbul. When I got here I didn't have an appartment yet, therefore I stayed in the Bada Bing Hostel for 2 weeks in January. It was that good, that I also made three of my friends stay there in Febr., April and May.

I'll tell you the main advantages of this hostels and why you should definitely stay there:)
1) Cleanliness: In contrast to other hostels in Istanbul this hostel is actually clean! Every day a cleaning lady cleans the whole hostel. I have also seen quite a few other hostels in Istanbul for the same price, but they are not comparable at all. It is not standart to live in a clean place. Also in this hostel you can use toilets and showers without fearing to get anything (how it is the case in a lot of other places):) I always felt very comfortable!
2) Position: In contrast to other hostels it is not located eather in the historical center Sultanahment or in the party/shopping center Beyonglu but in the middle of both of them. It is not located in a touristic area, but in a locale area, you can experience great Köfte (turkish meatballs) and the best Baklave (some Turkish delight) in Istanbul right around the corner. Even the Turkish people just go to Karaköy (name of the area) to eat Baklava because it is that famous. If you want to go there, just ask Volkan, Apo, Mustafa or other stuff members. This hostel is the perfect place to stay if you want to do sightseeing in Sultanahmet, get in touch with local places and go out in the evening near Istiklal (main shopping street in Istanbul). Also the ferry which takes you to the Asian side is within a 5-Min. walk.
3) Stuff: I have never met such a nice stuff, which really wants your stay to be perfect. When you arrive, they give you map and explain you how to get to different places, locale places and just make you feel very welcome. I heared a lot of bad stories of very unfriendly and rude hostel stuff in Istanbul, or stuff members who were very strange to women, hence the openness is not normal at all. Whatever question you have, you can ask them for help.

Now, they even have a roof top terrace, where you can sit on beanbags and just enjoy the nice weather. It is perfect after a hard day of sightseeing, because it's very quite up there and you can relax.

I totally recommend this hostel and I am thankful for the great time I had there!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Laura V
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Me and my friend stayed in Bada Bing for one week. The people there are so friendly and the atmosphere was great. It´s a calm place and you can really chill out from the walking-tours and all the sightseeing when you come back in the evening. The rooms are clean and especially the bathrooms look so cool, with huge, golden mirrors.
It was really a great experience to visit Istanbul and thanks to the crew of Bada-Bing our stay was nothing else then pleasent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends