“Great location in Istanbul”

Sura Design Hotel & Suites
Ranked #111 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm told this hotel was recently renovated. It is very modern and clean, with a stunning lobby that always had treats on two tables. In the back is a lovely garden where you can have tea or drinks and a nice pool and spa services - the Turkish bath is wonderful. And the main sights of Istanbul are an easy short walk away. Very nice rooms and staff.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms with view of the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sura Design Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in the "old part" of Istanbul - Sulthanamet.
Near Hagia Sophia and other buildnings that you need to see.
The restaurant in and outsides was very good - the service and the meny. On this street where the hotel is located there was several good restaurants:)
Valkingdistance to big market and also to Taksim if you want
We took taxi to Taxim and a walkabout back
The hotel was fresch and spectacular

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived at the Sura with a group as we had just got off a cruise ship. Unfortunately the rooms weren't ready, the staff were very accommodating and processed as quickly as possible and suggested we have a lunch whilst waiting. As the Hotel is situated in a street full of restaurants, this was an easy resolution. Our rooms were available soon after. Situated just 2 blocks from the Blue Mosque and a street full of restaurants, loved the location. We had a Garden Deluxe Double room which was fantastic, huge rooms, nice big bathrooms, staff were friendly, though quite a few had limited English, but all tried to assist. As a group we used the courtyard and took our own drinks and nibbles, staff were happy to assist with glasses and ice for our personal use, nothing appeared to be a problem. If staying, make sure you stay in the older Sura Hotel (there is a new hotel right across from the older hotel, but it still had teething problems, from what some of our cruiser friends commented on who were at the new hotel). Whilst this hotel does not have a swimming pool, the new Sura Hotel does and you could use that pool.

Room Tip: Ask for the King size Bed in a Garden Deluxe room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Two sura hotels are facıng each other i stayed in Sura desing hotel which is boutique hotel but the other one is 5 stars. İ liked my stay there coz staff was really friendly the hotels are clean and breakfast is just perfect ! i shoul mention the name of Asmar from guest relations she is just a sweetheart always smiling and helped me even in my personal questions. . i would like to thank her and many others for makıng my vacation just unforgettable ..thank you Sura family for everythıng i would definitely recommend this hotel for everybody who want to visit İstanbul

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Haneen K
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The two sura hotels are opposite each other. The one is the sura hagia sofia and across is the sura boutique hotel. We always ate breakfast at the Hagia even though we were staying in the boutique hotel because the breakfasts are nicer and the room less stuffy. Even though the boutique hotel is relatively new, I felt that the rooms were grubby and everything needed a jolly good cleaning. The hotel is in easy walking distance to the grand bazaar, blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. I would not give this hotel 5 stars by any stretch of imagination...the spa and pool is in the Hagia

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shaunb2013
Reviewed 1 July 2014

On arrival at the hotel we found there was no reservation for us. Staff very unwelcoming and actually quite rude. They checked us in to some rooms that were nothing like the ones we had booked. Upon complaining the hotel admitted they had over booked our hotel and down graded us to their sister 3 star (debatable) hotel. After a lot of complaining they magically found some availibility in the hotel we had actually booked.

After all of this our stay got better. The location of the hotel is fantastic. The rooms are a good size with comfortable beds. Air conditioning isn't great so prepare to be hot. The breakfast is ok. Filled a hole.

I'm not usually one to moan on here as you can see from many of my reviews. I probably would stay at this hotel again but only because of the location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie J
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It was the first time I visited to Istanbul in May of 2014. I'm a female in a wheelchair; I went with my sister in law and my granddaughter. I met the owner Ibrahim, his son Hassan and other staff members Fatima and Saudat and other staff members who were just as great but I don't remember their names. I was given an accessible room, and the accommodations necessary for disabled people. My sister in law couldn't push the wheelchair through the streets, so the owner Ibrahim decided out of the kindness of his heart to send his son and one of his staff members Saudat to go out with us and help us to push the wheelchair and go site seeing, without their help we would not have been able to go out. The room was very clean and breakfast was awesome and included. They have a garden that visitors can sit in and tea and desert is provided for free in the noon time. I will never forget their kindness and generosity and they sure left a favorable impression on us and I recommend this place to any one who is staying in a hotel in Istanbul. I already recommended it to my parents who are planning on visiting Istanbul. I rate this hotel 5 stars for their wonderful services, their cleanness, hospitality and food. And an extra 5 stars for their kindness and compassion. Also, The hotel's location was superb; it was a walking distance from all the attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family