“Turkish bath”
Review of Turkish Haman

Turkish Haman
Ranked #17 of 135 Spas & Wellness in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Can highly recommend local hamam nearby 4 seasons hotel . Wonderful full body pampering by local masseuses . Well worth 115 euro. Very traditional & a lovely treat.

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

I paid 30 euro for the Turkish Haman which includes bath and 15 minutes bubble soap applied to my body by the turkish masseur at the round marble at the main room where every ladies have the scrub there ..she gives me a little massage and scrub .. I can see the dead skin come out when she use a small coarse cloth to scrub my body and she ask me to see the dead skin . Later she wash my hair for me and ask me to finish it off with a jacuzzi soak in another small room .. Its like a sauna inside the turkish haman .. Its hot and makes you sweat .. You can stay as long you like ...

2  Thank kenkeh
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have had a haman in Morroco this was much better . After a busy day sight seeing this is just the job . Whole body is scrubbed and washed then relaxing massage . You can take time after to lie in the heat . The one i visited is just behind the tram stop for Sultanahmet . They had rooms you could lock your belongings in whilst you had the treatment , had hairdryer etc when you had finished .

3  Thank fawkey1
Reviewed 8 April 2013

These are beautiful baths and worth spending time enjoying the historic splendour. It's easy to imagine yourself as a ottoman prince. Just need a hooks pipe to finish off the scene. This baths is over priced though and the guy that give you the massage spends too much time talking about his tip so you can never really truly relax. A dry massage and a soaping cost 120 TL yet he insisted on a 50 TL tip. It's a unique experience but would try somewhere else if you have the choice.

5  Thank theparrott
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I went with my husband on 01/01/13 and in the resting area we exchanged experiences and his was definitely the better! I did enjoy the experience but for 60TL I was expecting more & the price was expensive for what was really a soapy wash! I was hoping for a good massage and maybe if I had paid for the hot oil or honey one this would have been good. The staff were really nice and there was no confusion as to what you needed to do etc. We went early evening and the tiny sauna was packed so I only managed the pre soap sauna & the bath (20 mins). In the men's area they have hot steam which would have been lovely. Due to the high numbers, it wasn't relaxing & felt that it was too expensive for 20 mins. Fun though, just pricey and a little disappointing. Maybe if I had been able to speak Turkish I could have asked for a proper soap massage.