“Far Exceeded Expectations”

Ranked #4 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Austin, Texas
“Far Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We actually booked our reservation at the Neorion based on glowing TripAdvisor reviews, and we're so happy we did. From the moment we walked in the door after being picked up at the airport by a hotel representative, we were treated like royalty by the very sweet and professional hotel staff. A guest relations concierge, Zeynep, welcomed us and presented us with Turkish coffee and fresh juices as she sat with us and outlined city highlights and helpful tips on getting around the city before presenting us with our own map and train schedule. Our room was spacious, immaculate, modern, and comfortable...we opted for the Superior room and had a wonderful verandah with a great view of the Blue Mosque and the Bosphorus. The hotel offers complimentary wine on the upstairs terrace from 19:00-19:30, where guests can gather to watch the sunset. The food was incredible...breakfast is a feast of meats, breads, eggs, yogurts, fruit, honeycomb, juices, and coffee, and always included a selection of local dishes, as well. Afternoon mezzes are available from 1300-1900, and were also impressive. We happened to be in town for my birthday, and the lovely staff brought a cake to my room and presented me with a lovely turkish coffee set as a gift...I was so surprised and moved by the personal touches and attention to detail. We have both stayed in tons of luxury hotels all over the world, and upon leaving, we agreed that Neorion takes the prize as the best customer service we've ever experienced. The hotel itself is also charming and comfortable, with great city views. We especially liked our bathroom...great lighting, spacious shower, and again, the whole place was spotless...we could've eaten off the floors. We're so glad we chose this hotel, and will definitely be back.

2 Thank Robin C

Owner of the Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Neorion is a very pleasant hotel in a great location for sight-seeing. The service from the staff was excellent, our room was clean and spacious, and the view from the terrace at sunset is not to be missed. The central location obviously results in some noise but the double-glazing and air conditioning are very effective.

Owner of the hotel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is a very good hotel and we really enjoyed our time there. It's in a good location and you can walk to all major attractions. Also, the tram line (essential for getting around Istanbul) is right around the corner. The area is teeming with shops and restaurants.
The rooms are nice, but not over the top; We had a room facing the street which was a bit noisy, but my sense is that most hotel rooms in Istanbul are like that...this is a lively, raucus city!
They have an excellent complimentary breakfast, terrific appetizers late in the afternoon and complimentary wine each evening on the rooftop terrace which offers a nice sunset view of the city and the Bosphorous river.
The front desk staff was very helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and accomodating.
We travel a lot and we highly recommend this hotel!

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.

Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Although I am not going to say something "original" about this hotel, I believe I must congratulate the hotel owner on his excellent choice of staff and his wonderful hotel in general. We stayed there in two rooms, 306(double room) and 303(twin room) for four nights, from 17th to 21st of April. I am absolutely sure I will stay there again the next time I visit Istanbul. It is very conveniently located next to Sirkeci tram station (which gives you access to Taxim by tram and funicular) and being in the historic centre of the city ,all major sightseeings (Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, The Byzantine Hippodrome, The spice market, the Grand Bazaar, Galata Bridge etc) are in walking distance. As far as the hotel itself is concerned, it is a rather small one (approx 60 rooms) which are all big, very well equipped with huge bed, fine linen/pillows, a lot of storage room , wonderful bathroom and everything you need is inside (fluffy towels, slippers, bathsoaps including a wonderful cinnamon one) wooden floor and excellent cleaning.You are also provided with tea and coffee making facilities and turkish delights are offered in all rooms.
Furthermore, its breakfast buffet is magnificent and it offers delicious meze-time from 13:00 to 19:00 hrs free of charge. We were also offered a free taxi transport from the airport to the hotel upon our arrival. Use of the pool, sauna and tzakouzi are also free of charge, you only pay if you need a massage. Furthermore, we were offered a 10% discount on several restaurants.
Its best advantage though are the people working in it, who are all extremely nice, polite and eager to help, from beatiful PR Zeynep to the cleaning lady, the helpful young men in the reception who can find quick solutions to every problem , the polite waiters and waitesses in the breakfast room. Finally, the gesture of offering us a goodbye present was very much appreciated for its symbolism.
If I must notice a disandantage, that would be that the rooms overlooking front (like 303) could be noisy and the ones overlooking back (like 306) have a view of a ugly building. But, that was not a problem for us since we only went to our room to sleep and there is a terrace with wonderful view of Bosporus on the top of the hotel.

My dearest guest,
Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Lyon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We spent five nights at the hotel in two rooms. Both rooms were spacious and clean. Great location. Best of all was the service. The staff went above and beyond to make our visit exceptional - including surprising my husband with a cake and gift on his birthday! We really liked the restaurant Pasazade that the hotel recommended which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. I'll admit I'm very particular about hotel and this is the first time in all of our travels where we really thought we got a great deal - breakfast, snacks in the afternoon, Turkish delight in our rooms, complimentary wine on the terrace at sunset- all of which were included! I strongly recommend this hotel and only wish all hotels had the same service!

Room Tip: Best to choose a room off of the street if you are sensitive to street noise.

Alicante
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

There is not much I can add, but we loved this hotel and it's staff. It had a fun pool that our girls loved and the breakfast was very good. I just wish more hotels were like this. There was noise from the street but in this central area this is very difficult to avoid. The free afternoon buffet and the wine on the terrace were nice bonuses.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs because there are cars, trams and street noise, but the location makes up for this.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

For my first stay in Istanbul, I couldn't find a better hotel in a better location.
From my reservation to my check out, everything was perfect. The driver who bring me from the Airport to the hotel, the warm and wonderful guest relation Zeynep who welcomed me, the staff at the breakfast and even the maid who cleaned the room every day with perfection.
As working myself in hotel's management I can just congratulate every single person in this incredible hotel.
Professionalism, generosity and warmth are the 3 bases of Neorion Hotel.
If I come back to this wonderful city of Istanbul, I will definively stay in this hotel and nowhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo