“Fantastic Hotel!”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #9 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The location is excellent. It is close to the seaside and the historical district of the old city (Ayasofia, Topkapi, grand bazar, blue mosque, and the spice bazar). It is 10-15 minutes away from Ayasofia and Sultanahmet square by walking. The room was very clean and comfortable. The service is great and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The only down side was the view from the room; it overlooked an old building but this wasn't really important. We wanted a seaview room but the hotel was fully booked. Anyway, the view from the terrace is amazing and relaxing.

Room Tip: If you want a seaview room, you need to check the availability with the hotel staff before you go as...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank yasmeen s

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed at Neorion for five nights early July 2012. Being aware of the hotel's #1 tripadvisor rating I must admit our expectations were set quite high prior to our trip. Neorion, however did not dissappoint us at all. We were very pleased with our choice. Some highlights I would like to share with fellow travelers are:
- This is a small boutique hotel located in a busy touristy area. If you want to be within walking distance to the palace, SultanAhmet mosque, Yerebatan Cistern, etc. There is not much night life. If you prefer a hipper area, with more action in the evening look for something around Cihangir area. Having said that the hotel is very close to the light rail and the boats.

- Hotel is only two years old and everything is spotless. One can see that the designers have given a lot of thought to every little detail. There is a cuteness to everything from room numbers to the fire alarms. Rooms are not too big, but space was used efficiently. Furniture is tasteful.
- The most discerning feature of the hotel is the customer service.
- Complimentary breakfast is amazing. This is not your average continental bfast in the States I must add. One day during our stay one of our local friends treated us to a brunch at a fancy Bebek restaurant named Mangerie. I would choose Neorion's bfast on any day even if I had to pay for it.
- Hotel has a large terrace where you can sip your complimentary wine in the evening while watching the sunset.
- There is a small pool, sauna and hamam in the basement. Everything including the lockers are spotless.

3  Thank bluecloud3004

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

owner of the hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I booked one night at this hotel whilst on a flying business trip to Istanbul. I chose it solely as a result of the review on Trip Advisor, I was not disappointed. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed and the pool/spa area very nice. Where the hotel really excels is the hospitality, welcome and attention to detail from the fantastic staff, they are world class. I spend my life in hotels and the Neorion staff are up there with the best. Also the views over the Bosphorus from my room's terrace and the bar terrace on the top floor where amazing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Veecee13

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed 20 July 2012

My husband and i wanted to have a short holiday and decided to visit Istanbul for 4 nights, we chose this hotel after we read the good reviews from previous guests, The hotel is nice and in a very good location with walk distance to SultanAhmet and Grand Bazar, also to the spice Bazar.
All the staff are friendly and willing to help, the breakfast was very good, the turkish tea served to guests all day. the view from the terrace is amazing and relaxing.
The only thing we didn't like is the food in the area, you have to be careful choosing the right restaurant, we advise you to choose restaurants in the sultanahmet area.

1  Thank Aseel1995

Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was so moved by the hospitality at the Neorion that I'm actually beginning this review on the plane back home to Los Angeles just after checkout.

My husband and I stayed at the Neorion for just three days during a short stint in Istanbul after a longer holiday in Greece. We selected the property based on the TripAdvisor reviews, which say it all and do not overstate the experience. The place is a true gem of hospitality and comfort, all at a fine value (a bargain, even, you might say).

We checked in on my birthday and were greeted with a birthday cake complete with candles! I was so touched. Really made me feel special so far from home.

Because our stay in Istanbul was not especially long or leisurely (three days) we had to plan our excursions carefully in order to get to everything we wanted to see (for instance obviously the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, etc.) The hotel staff helped us plan each day with a realistic schedule as a paid, personal travel agent would have, making sure we made plans to hit each location on a day it was open (failing to know the days of closures for landmarks would have been an easy mistake for amateurs, and would have cost time). They also used our credit card to prepurchase our tickets online so we avoided long lines at the sites.... a huge advantage that made us feel very VIP, especially as we skipped over the crowds waiting in full sun in the sweltering July heat (close to 100 F while we were there during a heat wave).

I'd especially like to call out guest services pro Elvan, who was so sweet in helping us plan, and just such an overall kind, effervescent, joy-radiating person. My husband wanted to buy a special piece of jewelry as a birthday gift to me, so we asked Elvan where we should look. She suggested Spice Bazaar, and seemed just about as excited as I was about the prospect of my new bauble!

There is the kind of hospitality that comes from super high-end places where you expect and demand it because you paid for it. And then there is the kind of hospitality that can come from only sincere graciousness and warmth, which is the feeling you get at the Neorion. It seems to come from within.

Let me also add that the hotel will never let you go hungry. You could practically eat all day on the beautiful breakfast, included in the nightly rate, plus the mezze offered nearly all day 1-7 pm), and then the bonus complimentary wine offered on the roof at sunset hour. My husband and I will not soon forget those special sunsets spent among other hotel guests and staff.

A word also about the overall experience: Istanbul is a fabulously exciting place, filled with frenetic energy and barely organized chaos (part of the allure of the bazaars and the like, of course). The Neorion feels like a magical retreat that separates you from that mania when you are ready. The beautiful air-conditioned lobby and our guest room (#604) made us feel utterly relaxed, calm, and at home.

One particularly memorable part of our visit, as I mentioned, was the extreme heat. Although I am very heat tolerant, I'd return from a day of sightseeing feeling utterly spent. We'd head down to the cool indoor pool prior to taking in the sunset on the roof, and it was a divine refresher. I also took in a traditional hammam experience on my birthday (there is one on the pool level) and I swear it helped eliminate the severe pain I'd developed in my neck from a week of planes, trains, taxis, ferries, and unfamiliar beds. Which reminds me: I'm an insomniac and an easily disturbed sleeper but spent a 10-hour night of sleep in the Neorion (practically the stuff of myth for me), where the bed is extremely comfortable (soft by European standards) and the blackout shades do just that. So the sleep quality is terrific, an impressive feat for a property so well located in the middle of it all.

When we departed this morning, the staff sent us off with a goodie bag of Turkish treats and all stood outside and waved, making us feel like family after only a three-day stay.

In short, stay here! You cannot ask for more and you will not be disappointed. A truly special hotel. Thank you to everyone on the team. We hope to see you again some day and will recommend the hotel without hesitation.

5  Thank californiasgold

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Neorion is the newest addition to the Sirkeci group hotels. We were upgraded to this hotel from Erboy ( a few hundred feet away...). This hotel was very welcoming. The lobby was not very big but there was a very nice and comfortable siiting area off of the lobby. As soon as we arrived they offered us something to drink. Mr Fatih welcomed us and checked us in very promptly. Merve, the guest relations personnel immediately gave us general informations, a map, suggestions on where to go and vital information that helped our stay very easy. The best suggestion she gave us was to get a 3 day museum pass (if you are staying for more than 3 or 4 days). This helped us avoid long wait in line for the vital places to visit and a great savings. She also helped us with making reservations for certain shows we were interested in seeing as well as reservations for restaurants. Also,if you have a need for a cab,let the hotel call one for you. You will less likely get cheated by the cab drivers this way.
We reserved 2 rooms. One with a king bed and one with 2 twins. Both rooms were spacious and very clean. The bathrooms are a good size as well, with a nice shower. The rooms have a safe and a refrigerator. 2 complimentary bottles of water (thank you!!!coz,trust me,you'll need it!) everyday, cofee and teas and turkish delights! They have a nice big wall TV. The aircon worked very well and was more than adequate to keep the room cool.
The beds are big and comfortable. The sheets are nice,clean and new.The towels are big and thick. They provide bathrobes and slippers also! Oh,and no carpets on the floor(yeayyy!!),just a nice new pergo floor, which i prefer coz i hate to see carpet stains, The wood just makes it look cleaner.
Our reservation includes breakfast. They have a nice selection of cheeses,cold cuts, breads,fruits,jams, cereals,and hot items such as eggs, sauteed vegetables with cheese, sausages, hot dog, bacon (on some days),coffee,tea and juices.Everyone will find something suitable to eat. The dining room staff kept everything flowing smoothly. They kept the stations and tables clean, they stock up efficiently,poured your coffee right away and yet they do not make you feel hurried . At mid day, from 3-7pm they open the dining room for hot appetizers(the eggplant dish was wonderful!),breads,fruits and juice. And then at night ,at 8pm they serve a complimentary glass of wine on the rooftop so you can enjoy the breeze, the awesome sight of Istanbul and the beautiful sunset. It's magical!
The hotel has a small pool in the basement and they offer a spa/massage ( i did not have time to try it though...)
This is a wonderful hotel that offers wonderful amenities. The staff are all efficient and friendly and very helpful! They would go out of their way to accommodate your needs,answer your questions,give you directions, advise you how to get around,all with a smile!
It is also centrally located to everything worth seeing. It is walking distance to Hagia Sofia, the blue mosque, bosphorous river, archeological museum,grand bazaar. A short tram ride to Taksim,and boat ride to the Princess Islands. The tram stop and bus stop is also walking distance. There are a lot of restaurants around also.
If i have another chance to visit Istanbul, i will definitely stay here again and i would recommend it to everyone i know planning to travel here. We had an amazing stay at Neorion! Thank you so much to everyone who works there!!! ISTANBUL is an awesome place!

Room Tip: Both type of rooms we chose were good size, they were quite also. I do not hear my neighbors. The o...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ruby T

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights about 2 weeks ago. The facilities are fantastic, the rooms clean and the staff unbelievably helpful. When I wanted to extend my booking by 1 day due to a very late flight out of Istanbul, the manager was more helpful than one could ever expect of a hotel to be. I travel frequently and have to confess that this hotel impressed me beyond all expectations.

Paul Swart