“An ideal place to stay”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Small hotel but has all you need, including a nice pool. Location could not be better, views outstanding from the rooftop terrace. Quiet rooms, excellent breakfast and midday snacks.
Close to most major sites.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, ask for inward facing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew R
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

There are newer reviews for Neorion Hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2012

The Neorion Hotel excels at service, and offers a great value given its location in the old city. We booked this hotel based on the reviews and were not let down. The staff is extremely competent and helpful. The hotel gets the details right from the pick-up service at the airport (avoid taxis when you can in Istanbul as they are some of the worst that I have experienced in my many years of international travel) to the snacks offered in the lobby restaurant through the day to the free wine on the terrace that times with the sunset are all nice touches. While most rooms lack a view and are a bit small, the service, price and overall physical plant of the building more than makes up for those limitations. I would strongly recommend saying at this hotel. Note, however, the restaurants in the old city are not nearly as good as Beyogulu, so be prepared to travel across the Golden Horn if you want to sample the amazing Istanbul restaurant scene. The terrace restaurant "Pasazadze" (sp?) is a nice choice if you want something nearby the hotel.

Room Tip: There are very few if any rooms with a view, though try to get a room facing in the direction of the...
3  Thank Jeffrey L

Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We booked this hotel based on the reviews and the fact that is was rated the number 1 hotel in Istanbul. Despite this we were amazed at the friendliness and enthusiasm of the staff to help and make you feel comfortable. The rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable and had a lovely decor. The hotel is only a few minutes away from most of the attractions in Sultanahmad. I just cannot wait to go back there.

2  Thank jouman

Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Reviewed 2 September 2012

The hotel had a lovely old world decor and a very nice roof terrace for evening drinks. Unfortunately, we were only there for one night, but the level of friendlyness and service and the very responsive staff means we will definitely be back. Very conveniently located just a few blocks away from the Gulhane tramstop and the Istanbul Gar.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beata M

Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed 1 September 2012

The workers make this place fantastic. They offered free airport transfer from the airport which was perfect. They booked restaurants for us and even helped celebrate my birthday. Most of the workers I spoke to we're college students or recent college graduates and were very enthusiastic about their work in the tourism industry. They have a repeat customer in me thanks to the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shalyoung

Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner of hotel

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We are in this hotel as I write this review and so far it's been perfect. We hopped off a Seabourn ship early today, and after 2 weeks of pampering probably had high expectations. We came to the hotel at 9 am and they allowed us into our room within 15 minutes. The staff at check in were so welcoming and friendly and we felt instantly at home. They even offered us breakfast even though we were not supposed to check in till noon.

Our room is fantastic value, a superior room for 230 euro a night but you do get an 11% discount if you pay in cash which is worth it. Breakfast is included. Room is clean and nice, with a balcony. Hotel is situated near everything and walking distance to grand bazaar, blue mosque and the sultans palace. There are restaurants everywhere.

In the afternoon they offer a delicious complimentary mezze buffet, and at 7 pm they offer complimentary wine on the rooftop.

They are so helpful, we asked about a tour we had been quoted and they instantly found out for us if the price was fair.

Room has capsule coffee and a supply of Turkish delight!

Great value and a perfect hotel for couples. They also have their own Turkish Bath and indoor pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I travel a lot, but I've never written a review. Staying in this hotel was such a good decision that it is worth a review.

I would recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. They sent an email before arrival, asking whether they could help with any arrangements in advance. As soon as you get to the hotel, they meet you, and help plan your stay - help with booking, recommendations, etc. This friendly service was really great.

I should also add that the hotel is comfortable but completely unpretentious.
Also, as other people have noted, the views from the 6th-floor terrace are excellent.

2  Thank Leslie G

My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.
Kind regards,