“Turkish Delight in Istanbul!”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
“Turkish Delight in Istanbul!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed for four nights early June and enjoyed every minute! The hotel really made the trip. Location is superb. Minutes from the historical sites, Spice Bazaar, New Mosque, the Bospherous. The tram line runs outside if you want to go further afield. We walked everywhere and could drop back to hotel mid-day for rest and refreshments. The breakfast is wonderful and the Meza running from 1-7pm delicious. We felt we had every vegetable known to man in our four days! Complimentary drink on the terrace watching the sun go down is a really nice touch. Complimentary pick up from airport was very welcome after the flight. Everything written in reviews posted previously correct. Some mentioned noise. We requested a quiet room and that is what we got. The bathroom is clean and adequate. Only small gripe is the size of the bath. Tiny elbow room to take a shower. All staff very pleasant and helpful. We will definitely stay at the Neorion Hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Fivestarsquirrel
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
My dearest guest;

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 June 2013

A great hotel right in the heart of the old city - within walking distance of most of the major sites - this is a great place for a tourist stay.
the staff is great - from the complimentary drink and orientation, to the box of Turkish delight we were given on our departure, they looked after us really well.
The management look after you with lots of nice touches - free wine at sunset on the roof, free mese all afternoon, free internet, printing, etc.. The breakfast is simple, but excellent - packed with loads of fresh fruit, and various breads.
The room is comfortable and whilst there is tram noise from outside, that really hasn't disturbed my sleep (and I'm a relatively light sleeper). Afternoon naps were a little noisy, but otherwise no problem at all.

A really nice nice hotel, perfect for a few days seeing the sites of Istanbul.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank mikebkk
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013

Owner of the Hotel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Our trip to the fabulous vibrant city of Istanbul was a treat for my husband's birthday. We selected this hotel on the basis of the glowing Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. I endorse all the positive comments left by previous reviewers. We appreciated the warm and friendly ambience - to me it was poles apart from the fairly superficial, impersonal, "corporate" feel I have experienced in many luxury hotels around the world. In places like that I have sometimes felt I was being ripped off in so far as being charged for every little thing. Here this was not the case. Little gestures like complimentary bottles of water provided every day, the afternoon meze (very tasty!), the roof terrace drinks, the Turkish Delight all contributed to a general "feel-good" factor. The breakfasts were delicious. Not only that but when paying for our extras at the end of our stay we were told not to pay for my husband's 2 cans of Coke from the mini bar - they were a present from the hotel! Little things like that can reap big rewards in terms of repeat custom - other hotels should learn from this. We were also allowed to keep our room till 2 30 for our check out and this was much appreciated.

The staff are a great asset to the hotel - charming, courteous, cheerful and most helpful at all times. They have a great "can-do" attitude. Given that most guests only stay a short time I am impressed how quickly the staff managed to establish positive relationships with guests. The owner is clearly keen for guests to be happy; giving his personal contact details in a welcome letter should anyone be dissatisfied was something I had not come across before. Impressive.

The communication with the hotel during the booking process was faultless. All my questions were answered promptly. My husband is a terrible sleeper so I requested a quiet room with a big bed and indeed this is what I got. It was on the sixth floor at the back and faced a blank wall. We didn't mind that as we are hardly in our room on a city break. Also we were 2 seconds away from the stairs to the lovely roof terrace and used that as our balcony with a view! Both the room and the shower room were large and spotlessly clean.

This is one of the most welcoming hotels I have stayed in and the fact that the location is brilliant too I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Istanbul.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dyann66
Neorion H, Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dearest Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We really appreciate your comments.
We want to make sure all of our guests are taken care of, so I am happy to hear that we were able to help you out.
Thank you for choosing us , we look forward to welcoming you back next time!
Best Wishes from Neorion Family,
los angeles
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I travel a lot and I happen to be very picky, trust me this was one my best experiences!
I was traveling from Los Angeles having a layover in Istanbul for two days and as always I picked this hotel from the trip advisor .Neorion is a trendy boutique hotel situated in the middle of the most touristic locations in Istanbul surrounded by great restaurants, old bazaars and old mosques .
The rooms are modern yet with a turkish touch ,super clean and convenient and great showers:)The service was amazing.The staff were exceptionally helpful.
Our check out was on 12 am but because our flight was at 8 pm they let us stay until 4pm which was very nice of them and least it never happened to me before.
The indoor swimming pool and the turkish bath were very clean and beautiful.The breakfast was great and besides the free wine they served at the roof top at the sunset,they also served free mezza(appetizers)from 1pm-7pm.
I loved the lobby atmosphere, cozy enough to sit and relax and work on my computer .There was a guide in the lobby for any assistance, if looking for addresses,restaurants ,reservations and any needed information .
I loved the welcome note from the owner expressing his hospitality and friendly reception :)…At the end I have to say if you haven't yet decided on the hotel during your trip to Istanbul I highly recommend this one and you will not regret it!

1 Thank yasssi
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

wonderful hotel in a great neighborhood,
extremely helpful sttaf,
Excellent breakfast,
Delicious meza (free meza time 13-19)
Stunning sun set view at the hotel rooftop with free turkish wine,
Turkish bath/sauna and a small clean pool,
Free wifi,
It is in walking distance to all sites.
This hotel is great. I think the #1 is because of the excellent and super, friendly service. The people working at this hotel are beyond accomodating to any and all needs.

Kaveh Sedghi

2 Thank Kavehsedghi
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The Neorion hotel is an excellent place to stay in Istanbul. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are a decent size and get cleaned every day. Furthermore, the swimmingt pool, hammam and sauna are an extra plus to relax after your busy day of city tripping... And then I almost forget the roof top terras where you can enjoy the sunset with a free drink. If you are planning a city trip to Istanbul, the Neorion hotel is the place to be!

2 Thank Sarah V

Owner of the Hotel
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Just returned from a 5 day break at this Hotel. Friendly staff, excellent variety of foods for breakfast, sunset on roof terrace with free glass of wine beautiful. My friend and I booked to stay here some time ago correspondence was always quick and helpful and it was lovely to receive a welcoming email just as we left the UK. Restaurants were recommended and booked with ease. The inhouse Turkish Bath Massage was a real treat and just wonderful. Would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel as is walkable to all the Major Sites.
We had a lovely large twin room and a largish bathroom whichh was daily replenished with all we needed shower gel etc etc. A bonus was the delicious Turkish Delight which was replenished every day.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor at the front overlooking a small but busy road and we were not distu...