“Amazing service”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #9 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We booked the neorion hotel because of all the fantastic reviews on TA, and we were not disappointed! Right from the moment you walk through the door, you are made to feel welcome. The staff bent over backwards to make our stay in Istanbul special- from the free sunset drinks on the terrace (what a view!) to the detailed information on what there is to see in the area, to the farewell gift left on our beds. The hotels location is fabulous- in close walking distance from all the main sights of istanbul. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We very much enjoyed our stay at the neorion and would certainly recommend others to stay there when visiting the city!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin T
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Faruk Boyaci
Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Sometimes the big names are not necessary. Everyone told us to stay at the Four Seasons but we opted for this gem - and a precious one at that. The staff could not have been more gracious and helpful. They like to sit down with you and explain the city, their services and treat you as family! We used their car service and were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and accommodating they were. We tried their recommended restaurant at a sister property and were thrilled how easy it was to get around. The hotel is within walking distance of the best sites -the Sultanahemet, the Jewish section of the city, the mosques and museums. We would highly recommend this hotel to any 5 star afficianado.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor and could hear the muezzin's calls. It was spacious and roomy fo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Italianshopper

Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Believe the hype - quite simply, this place is top-notch in every respect. The Hotel Neorion is an object lesson in hospitality, and to even try and find fault would be churlish in the extreme. Reasonably priced too, just book and find out for yourself!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was excellent. It totally lived up to its reviews on trip advisor and did not disappoint. Breakfast good, hotel clean and the free sunset drink on the roof terrace was a nice touch. The hotel also provided free afternoon snacks which was good too. The hotel recommended a couple of restaurants and we ate at two of them which were absolutely lovely. The best feature of this hotel was location as it was a short walk to all the main tourist spots. I would recommend a high floor as we were on the 2nd and we were sometimes awoken by street noise, cars bibbing which we wouldn't have done had we been higher up.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thirtylicious

Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We chose this hotel based on reviews and the location. On arrival, driving through twisty busy roads, we wondered if we had made a mistake. The popularity of this hotel is due to the amazing service from the hotel employees and its perfect location in the historical area of Istanbul. I don’t think we have ever seen such friendly, accommodating service from any hotel, starting with the first emails. We stayed for 3 nights, departing late on the 4th night and had connecting family rooms. Without asking we were given a reduction due to our late departure even though we booked the rooms for the night and we were presented with a box of Turkish Delight at our departure. The rooms are small but quite adequate and each room had its own bathroom. Our first floor room had a quaint view of the busy street with frequent sounds of the tram, that never bothered us. Two tram stops are close to the hotel and using the tram is very easy and convenient. The spa area in the basement of the hotel is fabulous, with a small pool and other amenities and we enjoyed the rooftop terrace, while relaxing and looking at the Istanbul views. The breakfast was adequate and the free mezze provided in the afternoon was perfect when hunger pangs struck. We were given an introductory discussion and a map of the sights, with suggestions. The restaurant proposals were good and the guide booked for a day at our request was great. We were happy to have her services although she was not strictly required, since all the major sights are within easy walking distance. I understand why this hotel is so popular and can recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay in the historical area of Istanbul at very reasonable rates.

Room Tip: A room on the lower floors is easy to access, but higher rooms may be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank elizesteyn

Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Neorion Hotel is one of five hotels known as the Sirkeci Group. My mother and I were supposed to be staying at another of the hotels, smaller and less luxurious but well recommended, called the Erboy. On arrival we were upgraded to the Neorion, round the corner.
What a surprise! A lovely surprise too. I was shabby and tired, having come from staying with friends in Taksim during the early Gezi Park protest days. The staff at the hotel were lovely. So polite and considerate and delighted to be able to give me the luxury of the Neorion. They seemed to have time for everyone, recommending good places to eat and visit, carefully steering their guests away from the rather volatile situation over the Golden Horn in Taksim and Beşiktaş.
After my free welcome glass of wine, I popped over the road to one of the many cheap and cheerful cafes and restaurants in the area to get a chicken sandwich (tavuk döner). I was picking my mother up at Ataturk Airport later that night and the hotel arranged a driver for me as I was a little nervous about going there on my own what with the riot police out in force at night. Before I left I just had time for 30 mins total relaxation in the lovely sauna and wished I had known I was going to be upgraded to this luxury earlier so I could have arrived mid-afternoon and taken advantage of the Neorion's fabulous spa and swimming pool - shame I didn't have my swimming costume with me too!
I would recommend everything about this hotel. It was just lovely. I have no idea about the price and also I think it is a shame that there is no restaurant on the roof terrace but my mother and I did enjoy another 'welcome' glass of wine up there and watched the light display on the first bridge before going down to our sumptuous room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SarahAssos

My dearest guest,

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The hotel staff were outstanding. They were friendly and only too keen to help with bookings, taxis, transfers, check ins etc. The rooms were tasteful and very nice. We thought 160 euros per night was reasonably expensive but have little with which to compare. It was apparent that it was fairly simple to get a room upgrade and a small discount if you ask, and on our return visit we were given a larger room at a lower rate because we had returned. Also there is a 10% discount for cash payment. The roof top terrace has views over the blue mosque at sunset that were breathtaking and complimentary drinks at 8pm. The Turkish bath was an experience to remember. Walking distance to all major sights and excellent restaurants all along the nearby streets. We loved it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends