“Please read this.”

Ranked #4 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
New York City, New York
“Please read this.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

First night when we checked in, we didnt understand why this hotel was ranked #1 while the room was small and I didnt see anything so luxury about the boutique hotel lobby. My husband and I were even complaining abt the fact that we paid more for this hotel than other hotels around this area.

But, there was a reason why this hotel was #1 hotel in Istanbul. Infact I strongly believe ALL HOTELS should learn from the staffs and management of Neorion Hotel to be how to run their business.

Neorion hotel looks ordinary when there is no problem. Certainly things can happen. Your shower might have a lower water pressure. There may be a noisr that would wake you up. Anything can happen. Professionalism comes in when there is an issue. The way they listen and response to the hotel guests was above and beyond 5 star hotel. With in a second it is taken care of. All staffs at the hotel were very very friendly, caring, and really comcerned about every single issue coming from the guests.

We have been traveling for 8 months so far. If you see my history of feedback contribution on TA, most of them are horrible. This hotel by far was the best service we have ever experienced. ( it was Capital hotel Tokyu in Tokyo, up until this one)

The hotel has free drink at sunset everyday and free mezza time everyday as well.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Istanbul.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank OrangeKiwi
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Faruk Boyacı

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

My fiancé and I spent 4 nights at the Neorion Hotel. We travelled to Istanbul with a group of 10 friends, and all stayed at Sirkeci Group hotels in the area.

From the moment we arrived, the level of hospitality we recieved at the Neorion was incomparable. There is nothing like sitting down after a 10 hour red-eye flight, being served a nice cold beer, and having one of the dedicated staff take you through a map of the area and point out key attractions and tips. We recieved the same exemplary service throughout our stay, including dinner recommendations, taxi reservations, and checkout services.

Just like the staff, the hotel itself is fabulous. Ideally situated half way between the Blue Mosque/Hagia Sophia, and the markets, we could easily walk to nearly everything we wanted to see. There were also many fantastic restaurants within a very short walk. On the inside, the hotel was immaculate. Our room was clean, modern, and comfortable. The breakfast and afternoon meze were always delicious. We also took full advantage of the incredible spa and hamam area, enjoying a refreshing swim at the end of a hot day of sightseeing.

The most memorable aspect of this hotel, bar none, was the rooftop terrace. Our entire group would congather there at the end of each day to watch the sunset and have a drink before dinner. The views of the city and Bosphorous were breathtaking, it was the best way to sit back and relax.

I miss this hotel already, and would go back in a heartbeat! Will be recommending to all friends and family travelling to Istanbul in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LJD176

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We booked our hotel from a travel brochure and what a lucky booking it was. Only after that did we check on trip advisor and the comments were so positive I was looking forward to staying. We were not disappointed. On arrival we were greeted warmly and then asked if we would like to have a welcome drink first or freshen up and then have a drink as they would like to orientate us a little to Istanbul. We chose to freshen up and then went back down to reception where we were then taken through to the lounge area for a drink and an explanation on the city, best ways to get around and also some confirmation on the best ways to get to some of the things we knew we wanted to see.

We were also orientated to the hotel and they offered to assist us with booking us into restaurants for dinner. This option we took on the third night of our stay and we were booked into a rooftop restaurant with prime seating overlooking Guihane park and the Bosphorus.
Breakfast was a good selection of cereals, breads, fruits and juices with tea and coffee available to your choice. I like earl grey so it was nice that it was available. Every afternoon mezes were put out in the dining area which you could select from and enjoy a light refreshment. These were free of charge.

The rooftop area was opened and you could have a glass of wine and enjoy the twilight over the city, it was the perfect way to unwind and enjoy the vista. Our room was well set out, not huge on space but contained all that you needed. Again there was nice little touches here to welcome us and also to farewell us. We continued our journey through Turkey for some weeks but have fond memories of the Neorion as our favourite hotel in Turkey and plan to return and stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewieTraveller_12
Warm regards from Istanbul,

virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

During my travels I have stayed in many 5 star hotels across the world but I must tell you that none of them has matched the convenience, location and awesome service of Neorion. This one is a true gem if you are looking for a hotel in historic part of Istanbul. I booked it based on tripadvisor reviews and I am glad that I did it. Here are all the positives: 5-10 min walk to most of the attractions (Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar, Hamami's etc); 10 min walk to Bosphorous cruises, 5 min walk to Sireceki station and tram; Free wifi; very clean good size room (front desk also upgraded us to room with additional bed for our kid); awesome concierge (purchased and printed online tickets to the attractions - do this to avoid standing in lines); swimming pool and sauna area is top notch and a great way to relax after a long day; views from their rooftop are incredible and not to be missed; free breakfast and free snacks from 1pm to 7pm (I have not enjoyed this luxury in any other hotel); one-way airport transfer is included. Everyone including front desk, concierge, bell boy and others always greeted us with a smile and made our Istanbul trip very memorable. Thank you Neorion staff! This is hospitality at its best. 5 star hotels take a note - it always shocks me when you try to charge extra for wifi and breakfast. Take some tips from Neorion!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank fromvirginia
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Our family of four travelled to the Hotel Neorion in late June 2013 and we were all extremely impressed with the hotel. The facility was beautiful, and breakfast and snacks delicious and most importantly the service was second to none. The dedication and caring of the staff is fabulous and what leads their success is their attention to the little details. A welcome letter in the room, a wrapped box of Turkish Delight and exceptional concierge service. A six star experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Vantravel22

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We booked the neorion hotel because of all the fantastic reviews on TA, and we were not disappointed! Right from the moment you walk through the door, you are made to feel welcome. The staff bent over backwards to make our stay in Istanbul special- from the free sunset drinks on the terrace (what a view!) to the detailed information on what there is to see in the area, to the farewell gift left on our beds. The hotels location is fabulous- in close walking distance from all the main sights of istanbul. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We very much enjoyed our stay at the neorion and would certainly recommend others to stay there when visiting the city!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erin T
My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Sometimes the big names are not necessary. Everyone told us to stay at the Four Seasons but we opted for this gem - and a precious one at that. The staff could not have been more gracious and helpful. They like to sit down with you and explain the city, their services and treat you as family! We used their car service and were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and accommodating they were. We tried their recommended restaurant at a sister property and were thrilled how easy it was to get around. The hotel is within walking distance of the best sites -the Sultanahemet, the Jewish section of the city, the mosques and museums. We would highly recommend this hotel to any 5 star afficianado.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor and could hear the muezzin's calls. It was spacious and roomy fo...