“Definately will be back!”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #7 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Great hotel for somebody willing to explore Istanbul.
May say tourist 5 star, as this is not Mandarin Oriental or Oberoi Hotel, meanwhile I like it for location, clearness, comfort, and friendly stuff, willing to assist you at any time. You will enjoy quiet accommodations in bustling city. In addition, hope adjunct hi -rise construction will be finished in the near future, probably it will take year or so, and you need to be aware of some inconvenience. From the tourist perspective it is in great spot where everything is around within walking distance of 10 minutes or, so. There are many reviews of this property, probably 95% the most correct, as everything depends on your personality and experiences.
Thanks again to all, making our stay pleasant, definitely would like to be back one day!
P.S. Istanbul is a city of the CATS, they rule...as ATHENS is a city of the DOGS.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are great to enjoy skyline during cool evenings.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

My dearest guest;

If you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Not normally a Tripadvisor user but found the Neorion on your site. It was exactly as expected based on previous reviews. Wonderful location for sightseeing, excellent staff and service. Very good value for money. Didn't use the spa or gym so no comments on those facilities.

2  Thank Alun1951

My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Faruk Boyaci
Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel has been lovingly described by so many guests that it is hard to inform the reader with new information. But I do have some comments. First, I fear that some might get the impression from the “best ever” comments that this is plush, luxury hotel. It is not. It is functional and exceptionally clean. But it is not a Four Seasons.

Second, the secret of this hotel is the exceptional staff. Never have I found the equal of the genuine, friendly, and helpful service that is the hallmark of this hotel. When you are talking with the concierge or the front desk, you feel as though you are the only guest in the hotel. The service is truly personal. Yet there are 58 rooms, and they were all booked when we were there in August. I scratch my head wondering how they do it.

Third, there are 2 things the hotel provides that most hotels do not: free water and free lunch. Beyond the cost savings, these services are extremely helpful to tourists who are ever on the go. Whenever I arrive at my hotel in a European city, I have to search around for a store that sells bottled water because we use gallons of it. What a joy not to have to do that here. Perhaps it is an overstatement on my part to suggest that they provide a free lunch. There is no meat offered with the mezes spread out between 1 and 7 in the afternoon. But after a morning of visiting the sights in the heat of August, it was such a treat to come back and have some small sandwiches and the most luscious melon I ever tasted. There are quite a number of vegetable dishes and starches available. Again, the busy tourist is helped by this service: no need to go out to a restaurant and wait to be served and wait for the check and then come back to the hotel. On vacation, the most precious thing is time. What a time-saver this service provides!

Fourth, the included breakfast is excellent with many choices, including scrambled eggs.

Fifth, the free wi-fi worked without any hassle, such as repeatedly signing in after every departure or with any new day. But everything works in this hotel, even the A/C on a top-floor room on a 90 degree day.

Sixth, there are some things that could be easily improved. The top sheet is too small for the queen beds; it only covers the top of the bed when it is unoccupied. Since other reviewers have noted this, I guess it must be a local custom. Hard to figure. Also, the lighting in the bathroom was relatively dark. And the towels are a bit thin, as they are in many hotels.

Finally, in keeping with my first point that this is not a luxury hotel, the area surrounding the hotel is a bit run-down. There is serious excavation right next door, with metal rods sticking out into the street, making walking up the hill a challenge at times as cars claim the ground you wish to walk on. I doubt that this is something the hotel can control. But it is a fact of life for any guest in the near term. No one seemed to working on the excavation during the 5 days we were there. So no need to worry about possible noise from this source.

We left to take a Black Sea Cruise but as we left we felt somewhat sad, as when saying goodbye to some very dear friends. Not your typical hotel.

2  Thank Beaune

Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The personal attention that we received at this property was extraordinary. Several of the staff members even came out to wave farewell as we were leaving! Upon arrival, we were given a complimentary drink and an orientation to the hotel and to the area. The location is prime for tourist attractions and we walked everywhere.

The property offers a lot of amenities. The buffet breakfast rivals those offered on cruise lines and is delicious as well as adventurous. The WiFi is free as is the meze buffet offered from 1to 7 PM in the restaurant. The rooms have coffee machines and water heaters with a variety of teas.

Our room was on the 6th floor and had a terrace with view of the Blue Mosque. The room was large by European standards and the bath was modern and spacious. My only complaint was the decor of the room and a bed which was far from comfortable. Our room needed updating and the bed needed replacing. It is a shame because this pretty little property with it's friendly staff could be a real jewel!

Room Tip: Loved the sixth floor terrace!

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. Staff is very helpful. Great breakfast and snacks in the afternoon. Best of all is the rooftop terrace, with awesome views of Istanbul's mosques and skyline. We watched the sunset before dinner every night from there.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in room 208, interconnecting rooms with two bedrooms and two fully equipped bathrooms. Spotlessly clean rooms and hotels, free bottles of water daily, and Turkish delight, fully stocked with dressing gowns, slippers and shower supplies.
Incredible attention to detail!
Breakfast was excellent!! Buffet style with loads of choice! From yoghurt, hot food, jams, pastries, cold meats and cheeses and a variety of breads and cereals. There is also a free afternoon mese between 1-7pm, plentiful and really yummy! An evening drink on the terrace was also included daily, watching the sun set over the blue mosque shouldn't be missed.
Staff will helpfully sort out trips, restaurant recommendations and answer any questions you have.
The sauna, Turkish bath, jacuzzi and pool in the basement were also a pleasant extra!
Good location, convenient for sight seeing.
Justified as being number one!

• Stayed: September 2013

Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2013

clean, comfortable room. finally, a comfortable bed! guest relations extremely helpful. the little dish of turkey delights left in the room is a thoughtful and tasty treat. the breakfast spread was very comprehensive. great location: walking distance to the old town sights (blue mosque, aya sofia, grand bazaar etc), easy to also walk to eminimou to hop on to the ferries to reach the asian side.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Neorion H, Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dearest Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We really appreciate your comments.
We want to make sure all of our guests are taken care of, so I am happy to hear that we were able to help you out.
Thank you for choosing us , we look forward to welcoming you back next time!
Best Wishes from Neorion Family,