“Favourite Hotel”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here for a week in June, it has to be by far the best hotel service I received in Turkey.
Staff where very helpful and friendly, the rooms where clean and very comfortable, the Rooftop had breathtaking views and the pool was wonderfully refreshing after a big day at the Grand Bazaar! If I ever do go back to Istanbul (which I hopefully will) I wouldn’t hesitate in booking this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

There are newer reviews for Neorion Hotel

Reviewed 10 December 2013

our family of 5 were in istanbul for 3 days! we received a warm welcome by the staff, a briefing was provided by the hotel receptionist just on arrival.we were given owner s personal cell no. in case we were not happy with their hospitality. every detail was looked into to make us comfortable .whole staff came to see us off as we bid good bye.this hospitality touched our hearts! we now have a home and extended family in istanbul.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great hospitality without being obtrusive. Excellent location. Well appointed rooms. friendly staff.

The only grouse is that the hotel offers no in house dining experience. I had a family vacation and would revisit the hotel anytime I am in Istanbul next. Complimentary wine on arrival is an icicng on the cake.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank goanfish

My dearest guest;

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Can't fault the location, service, cleanliness and bedrooms. The hotel offers collection from the airport as an added bonus. Sunset on the rooftop of the hotel looking out over the Bospherus and the Blue Mosque with a complimentary glass of wine in hand is magical. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz T

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed at the Neorion Istanbul after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.This was my first trip to Istanbul and so I was not sure what to expect. I was also travelling alone and was concerned about ensuring that I was in a location with easy access to tourist sites and which was safe.

I cannot say enough good things about this Hotel. I emailed them via Tripadvisor and the hotel responded quickly. I had initial problems with the online reservation system because the they did not recognize phone numbers without a city code, and when I emailed to the hotel, again, they responded very quickly and offered to do the reservation directly with them. On top of that they asked questions on what I intended to do in Istanbul and offered advice on options for tours. All this before I arrived in Istanbul. No other hotel I've stayed in hase done this - including 5-6 star hotels!

Hotel pick-up was fairly smooth though I had to wait a while for the driver to get there but there was a hotel representative waiting for me, and who informed me that the driver was stuck in traffic.

The hotel is located in Sirkeci, along a narrow street dotted with small hotels and near the key tourist attractions like the Blue Mosque, Hagha Sophia, The Basicilica Cistern and the Grand Bazaar. The tramvay is just around the corner either to the left and right, about a 2 minute walk. Location wise the hotel was perfect. You can wonder along the streets, window shopping in the tourist shops or have a meal in a traditional Turkish restaurant. Hop on the tram and you are two-four stops away from the key sites. You can even walk to places like the Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar if you're adventurous and just want to take in the atmosphere of this oldpoart of the city.

But what really makes this hotel stand out from any that I have stayed in is the service and excellent accommodations. To continue on the issue of service: the hotel staff went out of their way to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. I had actually booked to check in on the 19th of November as I would be arriving early morning of the 20th. However when I arrived at the hotel - at around 9 am on the 20th - the front desk informed that they would not charge me for the 19th and just charge for my check in on the 20th. They brought me to the room and invited me for the breakfast that was available from 7 to 11 am. They informed me that the young lady in charge of the concierge desk would arrive in a bit. After breakfast she sat with me and went through with me the tramvay lines and key sites to visit. Everything was explained in clear detail and questions on places to visit and to eat were accompanied with wonderful suggestions. When I needed to get to Taksim Square the next day, I was assisted in a similar fashion - everything explained in detail. To top it off, on the day of my check out, I needed to transfer to another hotel where my conference was to be held. The young man at the front desk asked when I had to transfer to the other hotel and suggested that I can perhaps walk around and only check out later at 3pm. He said that I would keep the room till then and explore the city more until later as the new guests were arriving only in the evening.

All these examples of excellent service - and there are others, such as access to the Turkish bath, afternoon 'tea" and wine/beer at the rooftop in the evenings - are truly impressive. Credit and my sincere thanks to each and everyone on staff that make this hotel stand out. My deep appreciation to the young man at the front desk who went out of his way to help me.

The hotel is new (about 2 years old) and so the interior design and furnishings are excellent. It's small like most locally-owned European hotels. There is rooftop area - open to all guests - with a view to die for. You can see the mosque minarets, Hagha Sophia and the rooftops of restaurants and other hotels. You also get a view of the Bosphorous Sea and the ferries, cruise ships crossing the Bosphorous. It's an amazing view!

I had booked a superior room, asking to stay on the highest floor - which is on the 6th floor, facing the road. They upgraded me to the deluxe room, which was amazingly big, had a sitting area, a jacuzzi bathtub and a shower area. There was a HUGE king bed, very comfortable. You can choose from a range of pillows and ask for other amenities like ear plugs etc. The room had sliding doors to the balcony area with a small table and two chairs. It has the same view as the rooftop terrace so I spent every morning sitting at the small table, sipping coffee, listening to the seagulls and city wake up as the sun rises. You can hear the street noise but it was at no point overwhelming. You do hear the call to prayer at dawn.

In short this was a fantastic room and an amazing hotel for my first time in Istanbul. I wished that I was staying here for the week! The hotel was way beyond anything I had expected. I would recommend - and have recommended - this hotel to my family and friends. Of course I have not stayed at five star hotels in Istanbul but in my view I am not sure what else you'd ask for. The only thing missing would be things like room service, but with the number of restaurants literally outside the hotel, it isn't necessary. The Neorion Hotel is equivalent to any big-named 5 star hotel in terms of service and accommodations.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 601. Others have said s,o and I'll have to re-state that this was the BEST room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Miminon

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Reviewed 30 November 2013

What can be said about the Neorion that hasn't already been repeated by so many-satisfied travellers ? This place is unpretentious, the rooms are comfortable and well appointed rather than spectacular but staying there is a memorably positive experience in a fascinating and exciting city.

For starters, Neorion's location in the old city is ideal, being a short walk from Topkapi, Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Its a few metres from the tramline leading to so many other places of interest like the markets and Grand Bazaar, the ferry terminals and the "new city". It's nearby sister hotels offer excellent rooftop dining options while its own rooftop bar area overlooks the city and the Bosphorus and is a stunning place to be at sunset 'happy hour'. The hotel is also close to some attractive shops and shady streets lined by restaurants of all levels.

Breakfasts are expansive and leisurely, the mezzo plates served each afternoon are irresistible and the level of service provided by the staff is exceptional. No request seems to be a problem and there is a great willingness to share information and suggestions with guests. The atmosphere reflects its family ownership, the pride of its employees in its already impressive reputation and their obvious desire to maintain and develop this even further.

Neorion offers all the facilities expected by regular tourists, including Wi-Fi, concierge services and airport transport but in an understated and unobtrusive fashion. There is even a discount for cash payment. Staying here is a real pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank terwencus

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We chose the Neorion Hotel on the basis of very favourable Tripadvisor reviews and value for money compared to other comparable hotels in the city.

The Neorion Hotel in the Sirkeci area of Istanbul was the perfect base from which to explore the city. Upon check-in, we were warmly greeted like we were friends or family. We were given a brief introduction & orientation to the city, whilst sipping the complementary Turkish tea and coffee. We found this to be a very useful and welcoming process.

Our room was on the fifth floor and overlooked the street below by way of a small balcony. It was spacious, tastefully decorated and the furnishings felt solid and of a very high quality. The bathroom, though compact, was absolutely fine and well decorated. The bath had a rain shower as well as a standard shower head.

General street noise is a little audible when the double glazed French doors are closed, but it’s not something to worry unless you sleep very lightly, in which case it’s probably better to request a room facing inward, away from the street.

Breakfast at the hotel was buffet style with plenty of choice. There was a wide range of cheeses, breads, hot & cold food, fruits, drinks; lots of fuel for the day ahead.

The hotel has a lovely health suite in the basement, comprised of a small swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room & Turkish hammam, all of which we used during our stay. You are able to reserve various massage treatments, which cost extra and we both had a relaxing Turkish massage in the hammam.

The in-room wifi connection was free and actually quite a reliable and speedy connection.

The hotel staff were always very courteous, friendly and accommodating. Nothing was ever too much trouble. Upon departing the hotel for the airport, we were seen off with the same warmth with which we were first greeted.

In summary, this was a fantastic hotel & fully deserving of its highly regarded reputation.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, request a room facing inward away from the street
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

My dearest guest;

If you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,