“5 Star Service”

Ranked #5 of 1,154 Hotels in Istanbul
Boston, Massachusetts
“5 Star Service”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

After seeing all of the positive reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to stay at Neorion for 4 days. First of all, the service is fantastic. The only other place I have seen this level of service is the Four Seasons. Upon arrival, we were greeted with tea and someone from the hotel gave us information about the amenities and the surrounding area. We came in on an overnight flight, so it was really nice to eat a nice breakfast (both hot and cold foods) and head upstairs for a nap.

The location of the hotel is very near to Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, and Topkapi Palace - I couldn't think of a better location.

The room itself was spacious and very clean. My favorite part of the hotel was the roofdeck. Because we were jet-lagged, we tended to go to bed early and wake up early. This meant watching beautiful sunrises over the city while sipping tea on the roof - one of my favorite experiences in Istanbul.

With all of the different places to go, things to see, and food to eat, choosing to stay at the Neorion should be the easiest decision you make.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aneel D
Neorion H, Guest Relations Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding our hotel.
We are happy to know You enjoyed staying here and satisfied with our service.
It was a pleasure to have hosted you here!
Hope we get the chance to host you again..
Best wishes From Neorion Family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our stay at the Neorion was over the top excellent. From the moment we arrived without luggage (thank you Air France) the staff was incredable. The property is close to all the Historic Attractions and with the Tram Stop just steps away, all of Instanbul is at your door step. The free transfer from the Airport was seamless and the service overall gets five stars. We came back to the Neorion two more times; after a cruise of the Black Sea and again after six days in Southern Turkey. The rooftop terrace with a killer view is a nice amenity.

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William G
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your opinions regarding our hotel.
It is so pretty to get such positive feedbacks from you.
Looking forward to welcome you again.

Neorion Family sends you their Best Wishes..
Toronto
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel In January on a stopover in Istanbul after a visit to Asia. I booked it through excellent reviews on Trip Adviser. Firstly all my dealings with this hotel beforehand re the phone or email were courteous, answered promptly and dealt with, very important to me having peace of mind and knowing customer service is important to them. I arranged to have a airport transfer service meet me at Istanbul Airport through the hotel, glad I did, otherwise it would have been chaos at the airport. Everything was handled smoothly and although I checked in early morning a room was ready for me, big bonus and appreciated.

The hotel itself is certainly not a 5 star hotel but it it never said it was, it is great value, spotlessly clean, terrific staff, in a very central location and the breakfasts amazing, lots of variety and sets you up nicely for the day.

I stayed there for 4 days, felt very much at home, the staff are always there if need be but not in your face. On one occasion, it being a Sunday, the local chemist shop was closed, I had a terrible dose of the flu, needed meds, without me even asking, they sent one of the staff with me in a taxi for my safety and so i would not get overcharged by the driver for taking me a good 20 minute drive to another chemist that was open, the person from the hotel never left my side and came in the chemist shop to translate for me as the chemist as well as the taxi driver spoke no english. That was going above and beyond in my opinion, wonderful touch. They care about their guests.

All in all, a great stay, would return to the Neorion for sure next time I stay in Istanbul. Rooms are not large by North American standards but adequate. If you want to stay at a great value hotel in a real central safe location. I would highly recommend this hotel for sure. Book it through the hotel website and book the airport transfers directly through them also both ways, easier and cheaper actually.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the quiet area and side, i was at the front on a busy street.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MarcCan
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments.
We are great to know You had a great experience by staying here.
We are-as the Neorion Family-looking forward to host you again!
Best Regards From Neorion Family
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A great home away from home right in the heart of Istanbul's Sultanahmet area with bazaars and historical monuments within walking distance. It is so deservedly popular that one has to book far ahead for rooms. Right from a pleasant checking in and through the gamut of explaining local attractions, the fabulous buffet breakfast, secure WiFi, clean and comfortable bed and bath facilities, attentive service and ease of transportation all make this a must stay place if one is in Istanbul. The value for money is way above comparable stays in other western countries, especially the service for a tired traveler.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T N R
Neorion H, Guest Relations Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your great views on the site.
We have been so happy to know You had a nice time here and
İt is a plesure to know We could give you a service you are pleased with.
Looking forward to hosting you again!

Best Regards From Neorion Family
miami
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I picked this hotel based on previous reviews on Tripadvisor.
Istanbul is a very busy city, and walking into the Neorion was truly amazing.
Loreta and her team could not be more welcoming, my daughter developed some
Discomforts and Loreta googled, translated, and offered to go to the pharmacy
With me. ( everything request was handled with effiency and a smile)
Pros:
Boutique hotel , beautifully decorated, with a family feel
Awesome location
rooms wonderful size
Beds and pillows amazing
Best air conditioning I have experienced!
Bathrooms have everything you need and a wonderful rain shower
( loved my candy dish of Turkish delights )
One day laundry service available
Afternoon appetizers offered daily.
Rooftop terrace, has amazing city views
5/10 minute walk to major sites ( Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar etc..)
Cons: None! ( thats a 1st for me)
To my friends at Neorion , thank you for making our trip to Istanbul so
Wonderful! Love Zully and Natasha

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank curves
Dear Guest'
Thank you very much for the nice comments you shared for our hotel.
It is a pleasure to have hosted you here and We are looking forward to welcome you again!
Thanks for choosing us.
Neorion Family sends you Best Regards.
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Agree with all the excellent reviews . Beside everything said, I would mention the fantastic breakfast and cold buffet laid out each day. Plus the wonderful roof top terrace where you can have drinks brought up by picking up the phone. Watching the sun set behind the Blue Mosque and the suspension bridge between two continents while enjoying a glass of wine was a highlight. I had a turkish bath in the spa and while I had nothing to compare it to, it was a phenomenal experience! I can't wait to go back to Istanbul and the Neorion Hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor facing the street. I worried that it would be noisy but it wasn'...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Anne S
portland, me
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We felt compelled to write a review, only our second review ever on Trip Advisor, after an amazing five day stay at the Neorion. We arrived there at 7am after a long transatlantic flight with our toddler. The pick-up from the airport was seamless and the staff was more than gracious in seating us for breakfast (fresh and fabulous ) and showing us to our room within hours of our arrival. The spectacular service never stopped from the caliber and cleanliness of the room and spa to the assistance and advice they provided us on getting around town and into shows and attractions. We have stayed in many hotels across the world and believe that the Neorion is setting a new standard in customer service. They sell themselves on this strength and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank serenasmc
Neorion H, Guest Relations Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for your nice comments.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay

It would be great to have the chance to host you again!

Best Wishes From Neorion Family