“Stunning hotel in stunning city”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Terrific value for money at this beautiful hotel in the old city. Walking distance to all the attractions and close to tram.
The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Free meze buffet available all day and complimentary wine and beer on rooftop terrace at sunset, a lovely way to end a day. Staff spoke perfect English were very friendly and outgoing and offered advice on restaurants,sights, directions in fact anything. The indoor pool, sauna and Turkish bath was very relaxing after a big day sightseeing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Neorion H, Guest Relations Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments about our hotel.
What makes us happy is the happiness of you.
We hope we will get the chance to host you on your upcoming trips.

There are newer reviews for Neorion Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came here for our mini-moon and absolutely loved our stay. The location was perfect for the main sites, but more importantly the hotel staff go out of their way to make you feel special and well looked after.

1  Thank Kurran M

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your great reviews regarding our hotel.
It is so nice to hear your happiness with our service.
We are expecting to host you here on your upcoming trips.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

loved it. Clean, comfortable and excellent service. great breakfast and open buffet between 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm free of charge makes the customers feel at home! The evening drink while watching the Sundown at the roof is a brilliant idea. even the transportation from and to the airport was made easy. Don't forget the location!! walking distance to most important attractions. definitely recommended,

Room Tip: a room with a view to the backyard is more quiet:

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel.
It is so pleasant to read about your feedbacks.
Nice to know you have been satisfied with our service.
We are looking forward to hosting you on your upcoming trips.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Neorion is INCREDIBLE. Email reservations and questions were answered promptly and in detail as needed (even when the questions were redundant!).
The rate is fantastic for the service and amenities offered.
Loreta is a GEM - she makes the hotel. She was able to recommend the Olive rooftop restaurant for a family (party of 15) dinner. We were so pleased with the recommendation - food and service delicious!
All the hotel staff are warm and happy to oblige any requests.
The breakfast and meses (afternoon snacks) are filling and generous.
The facility is beautiful and the rooms are large and comfortable. We had an adjoining room that easily slept 4 with 2 separate bathrooms.
Would highly recommend the Neorion for anyone traveling to Istanbul. It's located within walking distance of all the sights in Old Town and to a tram station.
They also provide airport transport free of charge if you stay 3 nights.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany119

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing great reviews of you here.
We are pleased to know you have been pleasure with our service.
Your nice comments regarding our hotel gave smiles on our faces.
Looking forward to hosting you on your upcoming trips

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights, and I can't say enough about how fantastic the Neorion was. We arrived in Istanbul after a 7-day cruise for a family reunion. There was a thunderstorm that left us drenched after a somewhat chaotic three hours through customs. When we arrived at the Neorion, they immediately put us at ease with their warmth, professionalism and hospitality. They welcomed us, offered us drinks, and gave an introduction about the hotel, and services. We would've been happy with a small, clean room for our 4-person family in a major city, and were pleasantly surprised with the size, space, and decorations of the family room. The free breakfast and afternoon mezze were excellent and unexpected extras. But the rooftop was particularly lovely at night. The terrace was beautifully decorated, views amazing, and the fact that it was free and came with drinks was really remarkable. The call to prayer coupled with lovely sunsets and that we happened to visit during Ramadan made for lovely, relaxing evenings.

The hotel was centrally located on the tram line to get to parts farther away in the City, but it was also within walking distance to major historical sites like the Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. So it was a great place to stay to see the sites, go back for a rest, and go back out later in the day or night.

Having said all this, I have to say that what I most appreciated was the hospitality of the all the staff and all the people at the hotel from guest hospitality to reception to cleaning staff. They helped us with reservations for dinner, reservations at a hammam, shuttle service, restaurant recommendations etc. Everyone was very generous in helping us without ever making us feel that we were bothering them, and everyone was very friendly, helpful, professional, and attentive. I'd definitely stay again at the Neorion Hotel the next time we're in Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your sharing here regarding our hotel.
This is pleasing to know You found our hotel as excellent.
We are so happy to get your positive feedbacks.
Hoping to see you here on your upcoming trips.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything about Neorion was impressive and to my liking understated. We, unfortunately took advantage of the hammam and sauna on our last day, which I want to mention first becuase that was such a shame; only once. The bedroom was huge. The bed extremely comfortable. The location could not have been better; we were absolutely centrally located; 10-15 minute walk to everything; literally. The staff bent over backward to make us feel comfortable. There were knowledgable staff to help us organize anything we wanted and answer any questions. The breakfast was magnificent. I was even gifted with a beautiful scarf on our last night from the hotel. This is a hotel that aims to stay number one, in all the right ways.

1  Thank Lauren K
Neorion H, Guest Relations Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our hotel.
This is so nice to hear your positive feedbacks.
We are wishing to welcome you on your next trips.
Best Regards from Neorion Family

Reviewed 22 July 2014

When I look for a hotel to stay at, especially in large cities like Istanbul, my prime objectives are hospitality, location, and comfort. I cannot stress enough how much this hotel excels in all three.

Any doubts and worries that usually ensnares a traveller is plucked away the moment you enter the hotel. The staff are fantastically accommodating; all eager and lovely, their service was marvellous – absolutely zero hesitation and limitlessly professional and lovely, every person who worked there were a pick-me-up after a long day of exploring what the city has to offer. Which is a lot. Knowing the city as only natives do, they offered significant details and tidbits of information ranging from short-cuts, to cheap alternatives, to the best bazaars/pazar, best times to visit certain places, to warnings – which is crucial in strange cities. And Istanbul is a beautifully strange city.

Personally, I will miss the staff, for I have never met such practical, helpful and friendly people in other establishments. In hotels that share the high calibre that Neorion Hotel has, I have usually found staff to be cold and distant, even in their assistance. But the warmth and approachability of the staff here knows no bounds and I will here on base my judgement of the staff of other establishments on these brilliant people.

The hotel is based in ‘Sirkeci’, practically within walking distance of all major tourist attractions. I usually base myself in hotels that are in quieter out-of-city locations to really capture the ‘holiday’ feel – I live in London, and feel the need to get away from the city.

But Istanbul is a city like no other, and not staying within it would be the biggest mistake you could make.

Sure, people want to get away from the bustle and noise of city life – but this city has an ambience that I haven’t felt anywhere else – it’s as vivid as its history, architecture and people; the individual sounds joining the hum of the city and make it a unique place I want to visit again and again. The hotel is near to all sorts of transport and shops and cafés and restaurants, although I did explore these, I mostly found myself enjoying the hotel’s restaurant and café. I was sending my thanks and utter love to the chef every day for the beautifully presented and tasty dishes – I have always found it’s usually one or the other, but here it was both.

Rooms change according to what you have booked, however the level of comfort doesn’t change. My talks with other travellers who vary from avid traveller to curious summer-goer all had people competing over whose room was better (mine had the best view, so I got the last glassful of the complimentary wine). These talks took place on what I can say was the winning aspect of the hotel:

The Terrace.

I am sitting on the rooftop terrace now, the stars having nothing on the twinkling of Istanbul at night; the golden glow of the city at sunset has you sighing soulfully and – if you’re an early riser like me – the sunrise is life-affirming. This city is truly magical, ancient and mystical, and the rooftop is its magic carpet ride. You can see everything, and you will find yourself here at every chance you get when in the hotel.

Other locations I found myself at after a long day was the brilliant spa and sauna, swimming pool, the hamam they have was preferable to ones I didn’t know, and the massages (of course at extra and acceptable fees) were just brilliant.

Overall, I absolutely enjoyed, adored and loved this hotel.

As an aside, if you are looking for a more detailed objective review, Marion M from Hamburg, Germany gave a fantastic review that I felt like I was echoing.

Room Tip: It really depends on what you're after, but if you contact the hotel (directly, from their websi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo