“Excellent value and service”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #9 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent value and service

Where do I start? Is it the fantastical breakfast spread included in the room price?...hams, cheeses, eggs, scrambled, boiled, sausages, fried potatoes , stir fried vegetables, an array of yoghurts and Turkish treats...make your own muesli with an assortment of crunchy nuts....platters of fresh fruit, run down your mouth peaches and the most delicious cherries...and the fresh oranges, so sweet it made my heart sing. In addition guests were provided with an afternoon snack 1 pm - 7pm also included in the room price and from 8pm free drinks on the charming roof terrace

The service? Everything was done with a smile and a wholeheartedly genuine effort to please with a satisfactory solution. The reviewer who complained that they smile too much is just a grinch! Our every request was satisfied promptly without fuss.

The rooms? Nicely appointed and clean with all the necessary amenities and toiletries galore. One minor grumble though I do have to agree with another comment on trip advisor that the beds could have done with a duvet cover.

Surprisingly in such a small boutique hotel they had everything, a spa, a Turkish bath and a swimming pool

What's the catch? Believe me we looked, but sincerely there wasn't one. For the price we paid I certainly couldn't have asked for more.

Did I mention that I had a foot massage at the spa downstairs? It costs 25 euro, but well worth it ... You'll need it if your planning to see the sites...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank L0unger
Neorion H, Guest Relations Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for the time to review the Neorion on tripadvisor

We are flattered to read you had such a nice time with us

Hope to have the honor to host you soon again

Best wishes from Neorion Family

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

From the time you reserve your room you are emailed a concierge list of recommendations. The hotel is situated in not a pleasant street, but close to the tram and all the major old city sites. English is not an issue with staff. You are were well welcomed with a special guest relations person to "acclimate "you to the hotel, it's facilities as well as a recommendation of things to do. The rooms on the higher floors are nicer with good views. The bathrooms small . In bathroom amenities are from L'occitane collection , a very nice touch. The roof top has lovely views either sunrise or at sunset when guest are offered complimentary with drinks . Nice advantage is also the complementary free meze in the evenings when u a bit hungry after your day out . As for service, the staff are very accommodating to your needs and go over the top to help you. The hotel can be nosy but they went out of their way to listen to previous guests complaints and I noticed they provided ear plugs for those who required it and a pillow menu as well as a list of "forgotten" personal grooming items available upon request , very nice Downside the hotel needs better decor , the lobby area needs to be redone ,better quality beds ,perhaps double glazing on windows, better quality breakfast and a personal touch to breakfast. The hotel lacked character. Finer details such as prayer mats and prayer direction as seen in other hotels as absent leading me to think that the hotel is focused on the European tourist a narrow view to assume in your long term success. The concierge didn't know about an area we inquired about, although admitting that the area was not a usual tourist request , thus leading me to the four seasons at Sultan Ahmed concierge and as I guessed he knew about it! It was my birthday as well , and this was not recognized although I twice wrote my birthday date one on the arrival and one with the guest relations lady's card . So you ask me if the Neorion deserves the number spot for hotels in Istanbul my answer is no, it lacks class and distinction. Make no mistake the hotel has excellent service and is clean, well maintained and provides excellent value for money. It should be at the top but it's not the number 1 hotel in Istanbul.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Neorion Hotel for four nights on our honeymoon and we enjoyed it. I thought it was a good location and everyone on staff was extremely nice. The hotel is really central to all the main things you'll want to do in Istanbul and the walks are fairly easy. For a European hotel, it was really nice. The complimentary drink on the rooftop for the sunset each night was my favorite part. Amazing view! We both got the Sultan's Massage in the spa as well and we really enjoyed it. I will say that if you are any type of modest, you probably wouldn't enjoy it though. I would stay there again if we ever return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abby M
Neorion H, Guest Relations Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your great reviews here about our hotel.
We are extremely glad to learn you have enjoyed your stay here.
We hope that we will be able to host you on your upcoming trips.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at Neorion 10 - 16 august 2014 and we booked it based on Tripadvisor. I have to say that it is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. As writen by others, it felt like coming home.
We got picked ut at the arport and taken to the hotel. when the room was beeing prepared we got breakfast. I had asked for a good room and they gave us 502 who in on the 5 floor and a big one.
it is complementary snacks 01-07 PM and wine at the roof terrace 8-9 PM.
The "family" at the hotel was great and helpes us with all things. I have no negative comments on the hotel.
Fantastic location, fantastic view from the roof, very nice breakfast.
We will nevner use another hotel in Istanbul. It was better then most 5 stars hotels I have been to.
Thanks Loreta an all service personel for this nice week:-)
Best reg Tommy and Wife

1  Thank tommyfinish

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your great reviews here about our hotel.
This is so perfect to get your positive feedbacks.
We are looking forward to your next stays here

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We only stayed one night at the Neorion in August, but it was just as wonderful as we had read. The staff arranged dinner reservations and transfer from the airport before we arrived. Upon arrival at the hotel, our room was upgraded and we ended up with a top floor room with a terrace with views of the old city. We didn't even realize, but breakfast was included as well as snacks in the afternoon. They also offer drinks on their amazing rooftop deck at sunset. We really felt like we got alot for our money. The room itself was beautifully decorated and very clean and comfortable. We only had 2 half days to see Istanbul, so the location allowed us to walk to and from all the major sights. The only thing to be aware of is that the location is quite noisy. Even on the top floor we heard traffic noise and especially the call to prayer every few hours and very early in the morning. This is not at all the fault of the hotel, but just a consequence of being right in the center of everything.

Room Tip: high floor
1  Thank Jessica N
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great location, lovely hotel, fab room, excellent staff and free wifi. The little extras like the meze option and an evening wine/beer on the roof top to watch the sunset really were an added bonus - everything we needed!

3  Thank Fay D

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your precious reviews regarding our hotel.
Getting your nice feedbacks is so nice.
Looking forward to host you on your upcoming trips.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel is lovely, situated within 15 minutes of everywhere that matters and near trams, bus station and underground to get anywhere else. The free snacks hold you to dinner time, the roof terrace is amazingly pretty, rooms are comfortable BUT it's the staff that make this an excellent hotel; friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, cheerful - these people have worked out what customer service actually means!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bene't S

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your precious reviews regarding our hotel.
This is so nice to know you have enjoyed our services.
Looking forward to hosting you on your upcoming trips.