“Wonderful hotel in the heart of Sultanahmet”
Review of Recital Hotel

Recital Hotel
Ranked #61 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The rooms are beautiful, the beds excellent and the staff very friendly. It is situated near the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia (all in walking distance). I you're lucky you get a room with sea view. I would definitely return to this cozy hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the outside. The courtyard isn't nice. Book online, you will get a good price...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Recital Hotel

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Recital Hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful in assisting us with taxis and restaurant reservations and they let us leave our luggage in storage for over a week. The staff even upgraded our room for free and ordered flowers for me for my birthday. I highly recommend this hotel and I encourage you to check out the gym on the -1 floor (I didn't realize it was there until my last day.) The terrace was lovely and I just wish that it were easier to use it by making drinks and food on the terrace an option more available; however, you are welcomed to buy outside and enjoy your beverage on the terrace. The hotel is very close to the Blue Mosque and Cemberlitas tram stop. Great work to the Recital staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Seyfettin C, Manager at Recital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Sara T

Thank you for your kind feedback.You are righy,There is a gym on floor - 1 that is complimentary for our guest,my colleague must have informed you,i am sorry ithe missed it.The roof top terrace is open until 22:00 could be good after a tiring city tour in the oldcity for relaxing.Meanwhile ,i hope you enjoyed cappadocia as i remember you were up to there.Thanks againd and looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Seyfettin Cetincakmak,Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a very clean, modern hotel in the heart of the old city. The staff is very friendly, helpful. "Halil" gave a very thorough tour of the room and the roof top for a spectacular view upon check-in to our room. The front desk arranged for dinner with transportation at a nearby restaurant our first night in Istanbul.
They were helpful with directions to local attractions and made repeated calls for our pick up shuttle who was very late for a dinner cruise one night.

We highly recommend and hope to return to stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terri B
Seyfettin C, Manager at Recital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Terry B

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.I am glad to know we met your expectation and found the service,facilities to your liking.Please do come and visit us again soon.

Seyfettin Cetincakmak
Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I been in istanbul for my vacation. I stayed i this hostel for three days in a superior room and later went to Cappadocia. It was amazing as the hotel was the same as the photos on trip advisor. The House keepers cleaned our room everyday very welll. The staffs were so helpful and warm. They guided us and gave us a city map and explained everything. They ordered free Turkish cafee during check in and check outs. So polite. The breakfast was very nice and there was French Cruvasan:) which I like very much. Beside it I had a continenntal brekfast, in open buffet everything was available. I was so contented.
The location was also very nice, near Hipadrom, other spectacular places:)
I want to thanks to all for their warm wellcoming us.

Room Tip: Superior rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ceyda B
Seyfettin C, Manager at Recital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thanok you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Recital Hotel.I & my team would be happy to see you host you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Our stay at Recital was delightful from start to end. Our airport pick up and drop off was very comfortable. They (Emrah, Murat) were very friendly, helpful and gave us a perfect introduction to Istanbul. The location was very good, relatively close to mutiple means of public transportation and if you like to walk, you could easily get to both historical and modern attractions of the city. The breakfast was beyond expectations and wonderful. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Istanbul.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank nguelcan81

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to post a review on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Recital Hotel.I was glad that we met your expectations and found the service and hotel facilities to your liking. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

It was a very, very pleasent stay: we had a wonderful room (with sea view!!!), breakfast was great, the people in the hotel are very friendly, and the hotel is located directly in the heart of old istanbul within a short walking distance to the main sights. WONDERFUL, we definetly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JFuge

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.com I was very glad to read we met your expectations.We hope to see you again

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just over a minute's walk from the Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet) on a quiet street sits this small gem of a hotel. Barely a few years old, everything inside the hotel is spotless. Rooms are ample size and well appointed, great shower. Some rooms on upper floors look out over the Sea of Marmaris, as does the rooftop terrace and cafe. Strongest selling point is the staff, from the GM who mans the front desk during the day as well as everyone else. My wife fractured a bone in her ankle while walking on the rugged sidewalks of Istanbul, and the staff went above and beyond in recommending an excellent clinic, calling for transport to the clinic, helping her into the vehicle, etc. etc. We won't stay anywhere else on all future visits to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views over the water.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Steve C

I am so thrilled that you think the Recital hotel is ''Gem of a hotel in perfect location'',small boutique hotel in Sultanahmet.It was a pity that your wife fractured a bone in her ankle while walking on the rugged sidewalks of Istanbul,I hope she is better now.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance at any time,looking forward to seeing you again.

Seyfettin Cetincakmak