“Wonderful stay, great service, lovely room, perfect location”
Review of Recital Hotel

Recital Hotel
Ranked #64 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Kansas City, Kansas
“Wonderful stay, great service, lovely room, perfect location”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Recital Hotel is off a nice quiet side street, but only blocks away from the major attractions. I had only a 24 hour layover in Istanbul while returning to the US from work in Georgia. I checked my large suitcase at the airport left luggage counter and took my carry-on with me on the metro and tram (transfer to the tram at the Zeytinburnu metro stop, and then ride the tram to the Çemberlitaş stop. The hotel is just a couple of blocks down Piyer Loti Street or any of a few other side streets just past the tram stop). I was able to walk easily to everything, come back for little rests, and go right back out again, including late in the evening to see all the sights lit up for nighttime. The hotel is located between the Grand Bazaar and the Blue Mosque/Hagia Sofia area, so either direction is just a few moments' walk. (It's also easy to get to the Grand Bazaar just as it is opening in the morning, when it is much more peaceful and the shopkeepers are busy with their morning tea and papers but still nearby if you need help.) The hotel staff were very kind and accommodating, and I was given a lovely room with a view. The room was comfortable, clean, and nicely decorated, and the AC worked great, as did the wifi. The roof terrace really is peaceful and beautiful. I recommend watching the sunset up there and hearing the call to prayer go up all over the neighborhood from the different mosques. I plan to stay here on my next trip.

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor (top) and had a little balcony with a sea view. I believe it was room 5...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Tonya K
Seyfettin C, Manager at Recital Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Tonya

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor I was thrilled reading your kind review regarding recital hotel ,location and my great team.I hope to see you back soon for longer break.

Seyfettin Cetincakmak,Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surrey England
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We are just back from a five night stay at The Recital.Our five night booking included airport transfers both ways and a half day tour.
We were met at the airport as we came out of arrivals although it took a bit of searching to find our names amongst the crowds of others.
We had room 406 on the fourth floor with a large stone terrace with table and chairs.We had a great view over the roof tops to the Marmara Sea where so many ships were anchored.
The bed was large and very comfortable.I believe they have a pillow menu but we stuck with what they gave us and it was fine.There was the usual table,chair and a desk unit with kettle and coffee maker and mini bar beneath.The shower room was of a good size and had a very efficient shower.Towels were clean and changed daily and everywhere was spotless.
We hardly used the air-con as we were out most of the day and then preferred to just have our balcony doors open for air.
I slept well,did not hear the neighbours but did hear the call to prayer every morning at 5.30.

The hotel is just a few minutes walk from Cemberlitis tram stop and it is also very easy to walk along the tram road down to Sultanhamet to visit Topkapi,Hagia Sophia,Blue mosque and the Basilica Cistern.It's a good location here as you are off the main road and away from the bustle further down in Sultanhamet.It was very quiet at night in the area.

The breakfast was fine--the usual spread of cheese and cold meats,fruit and bread and spreads.There were a couple of hot options as well but we did not bother with them.Plenty of tea or coffee to help yourself to.We did find however,that after a few mornings we were wishing for something different to appear as the selection was always the same.Absolutely not a problem if you are just here for one or two nights but towards the end of our five nights we found it a tad boring.

The staff on reception varied.One or two were particularly helpful,others--polite but a little lacking in the charm department.

They advertise their roof terrace but what a pity it is not promoted more.When we went up there it was deserted.

When we came to leave our airport transport came promptly and we were given a little souvenir gift from the hotel.

Would I stay again? Yes,but I might possibly find somewhere with a roof terrace fully in use with some atmosphere.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a balcony room with seaview.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mummygaot
Seyfettin C, Manager at Recital Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.I was very glad to read your review that was fully detailed.The roof top terrace is planed to be renovared in fall it will be much better next year and i believe you will like then.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Could not have asked for better. Excellent location, lovely clean room which was light and airy. The staff were helpful and friendly and gave useful sightseeing tips. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pollyj71
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is my second visit to Turkey and me and me friend decide to stay at the same hotel which we stayed on May 2013. This visit on June 2014 was great and the hotel and the staff was wonderful and great and assist us with any request or assistant. I am just writing to express my thanks to all the team who work in this hotel. Special thanks to Murad, Emeri and the Cafeteria employee. The room is clean, speacous and the breakfast was so Delicious.
I am going to visit Turkey again and stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Was just recently in Istanbul and have to say I was extremely satisfied with my choice to stay at the Recital. Appx 5 min walk to all the major attractions including the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and Grand Bazaar and the best part is that it's just down the street from a tram station, the best way to get around in Istanbul! The hotel itself is great, very clean, modern and the breakfast spread every morning was awesome. Room was cozy and beds were extremely comfortable. The staff was very helpful, would definitely stay at Recital for my next visit to Istanbul.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here. In brief, the manager and staff were genuinely trying to make sure we were happy and satisfied. The location is perfectly perfect. Not on the main street but only a block away so it's quiet. We had a balcony with a great view of the Strait. The breakfast was extensive, which is not common in Istanbul. We stayed in 3 hotels in Istanbul (I love checking out hotels) and this was easily the best. I have no negatives. Loved it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Seyfettin C, Manager at Recital Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Judd

Thank you for your kind feedback.I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay eventhoug it was very short break.I hope we host you again soon for longer break.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel close to Grand Bazaar, Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, and Basilica Cistern. Staff was very friendly from arrival to when we checked out. We love the option of having 3 twins beds. Breakfast was a great start to our day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Seyfettin C, Manager at Recital Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Lilinane54

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.I was glad to read that we have met your expectations and i passed on your kind words to my great team who always try their best to meet our guests expectationst.Recital hotel is your home away home and please do come and visit us again.

Kind regards