Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi
Fors Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsgrand bazaarhotel is locatedblue mosquetram stationturkeybed sheetsfree wifiminute walkhotel staffair conditioningtriple roomthe location is perfectsultantouristtelephoneconditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Fantastic hotel! Superb location in the middle of the old city of Istanbul. Couple of minutes walk to Grand bazaar and tram, 10 minutes to the blue mosque and 20 minutes to spice market. Room was lovely, cleaned daily and great breakfast in great setting. Staff very helpful, nothing was too much trouble, especially Fayoz and Esat who were always happy, friendly and very obliging. Overall a very pleasant stay and we are already planning to return. Islam and. Sue

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I am very sorry to express my disapointment at arriving at Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi on 22 October 2013 and learning that I was given a Single delux Room instead of the Double delux room that I had reserved through Hotels.com a month in advance. The room was no 103 on the ground floor with a cramped bathroom and not enough space to manouver around the toilet to use the sink. Not worthy of the 'discounted' 51.92 Euro price tag I had paid.

When i asked the gentlman at reception about the room he said it was a double Room. When i proceeded to point out that the hotels own website description sugested I had been given a single room instead he agreed only to say that no double rooms were available but he may be able to do something in the morning. I pointed out that due to the fact that I had a 1 night stay only this would be useless to me.

Another point of contention was the fact that the room I was given had a very poor internet connection not the 'High Speed Internet' as advertised. The room was advertised as having tes and coffe making facilities but none were provided. All the above was discussed with the receptionist but he was adamant that no further rooms were available.

When i returned to the room i found that the hotel website was advertising a further 3 double rooms as available!

I am surpised how a hotel can act in such an unprofessional manner to not honour a reservation.

I am extremely disappointed that I will now have to leave negative feedback

Room Tip: dont take room 103!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Muhammad M
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Nice holiday during 27. Sep. - 3. Oct. with good friends. Nice people nice service! Thanks to Esat Gakici specially and your college for helping us when my friend were sick. Wonderful memory in Istanbul! We do not wanna come back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dong Y
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The hotel is located 5-10 mins walk from the entrance to the Grand Bazaar. 5 min walk to the tram station and there are many great Turkish food eateries in the vicinity.

I would recommend this hotel as it is very central, great value and the rooms are lovely.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Anna R
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Clean and tidy rooms with ac. The breakfast was typical Turkish with super strong tea, olives and feta cheese. On the roof was a terrace with wonderful views. It was, however not so fresh. Very nice and helpful staff.

Stayed: September 2013