Sultans Royal Hotel
US$278
US$165
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$414
US$328
Agoda.com
US$402
US$295
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
Travelocity
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$178
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosquevisiting istanbulmajor attractionshighly recommend this hotelbeautiful citysultanahmet squarebreakfast roomexcellent hoteltopkapi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I have to admit that I am always a bit skeptical when reviews seem too good to be true, but Sultans Royal really was everything reviewers said it would be. The location is ideal on a peaceful street just a short walk to the Blue Mosque. Our room was spacous, very well-appointed with a good bed, and a strong shower in an unusually large bathroom. The room was also very quiet -- we really slept well here.

As others have noted, the breakfast buffet offers a large assortment of goodies -- I especially appreciated the apple tea and the wonderful jams.

What really sets the Sultans Royal apart is the incredible service. Nothing was too much trouble, and we were constantly asked, "What can I do for you today?" Ersin in particular was so friendly and helpful -- he became our personal tutor, teaching us us a few new Turkish words each day. We felt so welcome and so comfortable here -- this was that rare hotel experience when you feel as if you are staying with friends. Believe the reviews -- Sultans Royal is a gem!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reen75
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends in early September—the experience was fantastic. The location was safe, the rooms were clean and fairly priced, and the folks employed at the hotel were kind and helpful. The free breakfast buffet offered a nice selection of healthy foods, certainly worth waking up for to get our days started. The surrounding neighborhood though well-stocked with a wide variety of quaint shops and restaurants, was a bit culturally sanitized—clearly catering to tourists, that is. If you want an authentic flavor of the city, it's best to plan some day trips that involve crossing bridges and rivers into some of the grittier parts. This by no means detracts from the experience one would have by staying at Sultans Royal, given the price. All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel for first-time visitors to Istanbul. In particular, the gentleman at the front desk (Ersin) was immensely helpful with regard to local recommendations—his hospitality ensured that I would stay here again the next time I come to Istanbul.

Room Tip: The two rooms and bathrooms I saw were very quiet, clean, and well-maintained. I would add, however, that you should be prepared for the early morning bells that ring throughout the city to signify prayer time—no hotel is immune from this so bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ibizan
Reviewed 20 November 2012

hotel and the staff are just amazing. from the bell boys to the front check in staff they are brillant. they are so so helpful. and would do there best to help you from directions to telling you what to vist and how too.
a big mention to ershin and eyre(sorry i know i have spelt ur names wrong) where amazing from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. they helped us out and made our stay in istanbul that more special. one evening the weather turned bad and eyre helped us in ordering a takaaway saving us going out in the bad weather. ershin is so friendly and helped us in answering all our questions. and even arranged our transfer back to the airport. they all defin go that extra mile for there guests.
the hotel is clean and the rooms were perfect. plenty of hot water, tea/coffee in the room. cleaned everyday. the buffet breakfast was fresh and when asked they even made me some fried eggs.
the location is very good. close to all the main attractions. we never needed to use a taxi. istanbul is a lovely place. but the plus point was staying in this hotel were all staff were amazing.
if we every get a chance to go back i would defin be staying at this hotel. five stars.. well done to all the staff. keep the good work up.
thanks again for making our trip so great.. Naveed

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The staff at this boutique hotel are warm, friendly and unfailingly helpful. The room was very comfortable, spotlessly clean and light with opening windows which makes all the difference for me. And you can walk easily to the major ancient Istanbul sites in Sultanahmet and to transport which gets you everywhere. I hope to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I recently spent a wonderful 4 days in this hotel. It is well located with comfortable rooms and the best staff that I have encountered in all my travels to 138 countries.
Everyone was welcoming and helpful. My travel companion was not feeling well and they went out of their way to see to her needs. I will definitely stay at the Sultan's Royal again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends