“best place to be”

Sultans Royal Hotel
Ranked #102 of 1,181 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I went to Istanbul on November during a business trip. I was at the east side of Istanbul and when I finished my program, I decide to visit the historical center near Aya Sofia. It was a difficult evening not because of the weather but also because I was trying to find a place two stay for one night and unfortunately I didn’t have booked any room. I went to a lot of places but it was so difficult to offer me a nice room with logic cost, because most of other hotels offers me room with wet walls or dirty sheets. By luck I found this hotel and Ersin Cicek who was this night the manager of the hotel help me with my staff, welcome me in the hotel and also found me a room which was super and very cheap! The service of the hotel, the breakfast and the polite people really made me happy and for sure I will visit again Istanbul.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Charis A

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Very clean hotel and recently renovated . The room was beautifully decorated and also clean. The breakfast was very good. All the sights was near so you can go by walking ,also the tram stop was near. The stuff is more than friendly especially the manager . He will give you the best tips for the best places to eat and visit that are more local than touristic. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 285CHRISTINA
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel! Perfect positioning, only 5 minutes away from sights: Topkapi Palace, Ayasofya (Hagia Sophia), Sultanahmet (Blue) Mosque, Basilica Cistern and Grand Bazaar; The hotel was a really homey and genuine quality about it. We especially appreciated the quality of the linens and bedsheets.The staff was amazing particularly Manager Ersin,he was very helpful and very nice person,we are very happy to know him with his hospitality during our holiday in amazing city.He gave us very good tips and directions to walk around and to take subway easily
We must not forget to mention the breakfast. Of all the hotels we stayed in Turkey, this one had by far the best breakfast buffet. It was both traditional, contemporary, and most of all, complete.
We highly recommend this hotel. I enjoyed Istanbul so much more because of their quality, service, and genuine kindness. Thank you!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Miljana M
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed in this classical hotel for some days in Dezember. And what shoud I say? Even in December İstanbul is worth a trip. Staying in Sultans Royal Hotel was a very good choice. The loction is convincing because all important sights can be reached comfortably by walking. Allthough on every corner of this district you can find historical places, it's always good to have some insider tips. The very friendly staff of Sultan Royal Hotel is always good for a little chat and some really nice tips. Thanks to Ersin, one of the friendly employers, I was enabled to explore the city with opened eys. To sum up: absolutely worth a trip. Clean rooms, perfec location, friendly and helpful staff. Five stars.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank HknrB
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was our first trip to Istanbul with my friends and after some quick search we decided to book this newly refurbished property. This is a small but neat hotel,with extremely friendly and helpful staff, specially the guys at the reception (particularly Manager Mr.Ersin) who spoke superb english.The breakfast was very fresh and wholesome.Very close to all central places just 5 min walk to the blue mosque and the hippodrome. I highly recommend this amazing hotel for every one who wants to visit this magical city...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank yazzi_13
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed at Sultan's Royal for 8 nights while visiting Istanbul in November. I booked the terrace suite, which had a nice view of the sea. The rooms were very well decorated and had a lot of charm. I especially liked that the windows could all be opened to let a fresh breeze in the room. The beds and linens were very comfortable, and the rooms were very clean. Housekeeping kept the rooms clean daily.

What really made Sultan's Royal enjoyable for me was the staff. They were incredibly friendly and helpful. They gave great advice on places to see and local places to eat, and always had extra umbrellas on hand during rainy weather. I enjoyed just sitting in the lobby, drinking tea and chatting with the staff. The breakfast buffet was also excellent. They had a nice selection of breads, jellies, meats, cheeses, cereals, and drinks. The dining area was also a good place to meet some other travelers.

The location can't be beat for sight seeing. It is a quick walk to the major attractions in Sultanahmet, and the tram station is nearby for getting to farther areas. The staff was nice enough to give me a map and explain how to get everywhere.

I would recommend Sultan's Royal to anyone. I know I'll be staying there next time I go back to Istanbul.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Philip838383
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed in December, all the staff in the front desk, specially Ersin, was very friendly and recommended us the best things to do and places to go. The location is really good, walking distance of Aya Sofya and Blue Mosque. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple