“One of the best boutique hotel in heart of the city with helpfull staff”

Sultans Royal Hotel
Ranked #91 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I chose this hotel after i read the reviews and i stayed three nights. I really enjoyed with amazing service.Hotel is very clean and bed is very comfortable that i really enjoy. I should double check the hotel before i come cause i was in holiday by myself as single girl.Istanbul is very huge city but this hotel area very quiet and very safe you can take a walk even at midnight near the blue mosque area.There is many things to do for and you should be asking for any question to the front desk,they are very helpfull and very kind people particularly Ersin he is of the best "Thanks all the staff" They are offering the airport transfer for three nights stay as free,they welcome me on time at the Airport. If you are plaining to come and stay in Istanbul, you can chose this hotel. I will be back to discover this beatifull city and stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Zaliburshia

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My friend and I stayed there for 3 nights in July. The location in Sultanahmet is perfect, walking distance to most attractions. It's a small boutique hotel, with great staff. We mostly dealt with Erdal and Ersin, and they would bend over backwards to make our stay in Istanbul as enjoyable as possible. We found it to be very clean, and probably the first hotel to live up to my germaphobe standards. Breakfast was included and offered a good variety of foods such as eggs, fruit, breads, sweets, yogurt, cold cuts (definitely more than a continental breakfast as I’ve read in other reviews). Our room was a bit small but sufficient enough. Overall, a great place to stay in Istanbul. I’m glad I listened to other trip advisors and selected this hotel. Keep up the good work Sultans Royal Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Passionate4Travel
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is hands down one of the most recommend hotels in Sultanahmet, Istanbul. I (me and my family) stayed there for 2 weeks. The staff were exceptionally helpful and very friendly. The service simply couldn't be better. Once we arrived there we felt like we were at home. The comfort was totally present and even touched the roof: the rooms were magnificent, equipped with whatever you would need in a hotel without any deficiency. In the rooms, there was no noise from the outside nor from the air-conditioning inside, which made night-time very restful. The hotel also offers you an open buffet in the morning with plenty of very delicious food. Without further do, the title of my article exactly describes the hotel: it's in the middle of Sultanahment, which makes it a lot easier to get to the sights. Also, if you would like to go to further places, there's a metro not further than 10 minutes walking by foot. Again, a big thanks to the staff including Ersin çiçek, Erdal Bakar and of course all of the rest. If you want to have a great time in Istanbul, then I highly recommend this hotel without any doubts!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank attia l
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. The following is our review:

Pros:
1. Location is central to all of the top attractions at Sultanahmet area.
2. Bedroom is very good, with quiet air-conditioning unit and quaint decor
3. Comfortable bed.
4. Clean.
5. Excellent customer service, very polite reception, breakfast staff and manager.
6. Free wifi is reliable and fast.

Cons:
1. Shower is a little small.
2. Breakfast (included in room rate) is average but for the price you pay is acceptable.

Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel for couples or families.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed in the sea view terrace room for 4 nights. There are many similar hotels to choose from in this area, but frankly if I return I would stay here again.

Easy 5 min walk to the restaurant and bar strip, Sofia Hagia etc. in the old part of Istanbul, several quiet fish restaurants within metres.

Service was extremely helpful and breakfast a nice, varied, continental treat.

Not sure how much fun any of the other rooms would have been on warm nights while we were swinging in the love seat and watching the ocean - the balcony was a winner.

Recommended nonetheless.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the sea view terrace
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TheEscapeGoat
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed there (girlfriend and I) for a week in July. The staff were exceptionally helpful and very friendly. The hotel was clean and well-organised and our room was regularly cleaned to a high standard. The road and area near the hotel are quieter than the obvious tourist traps elsewhere in the vicinity, and offer some nice places to eat and drink.

The bedroom was a decent size and included air-con, which was a relief given the temperatures outside in the street! The bathroom was lovely and big. The breakfast was excellent, with lots of choice. Also free WiFi with good strength signal in our room.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of all the main attractions in the Old District and it is also really close to the T1 tram line (5 minutes walk to Sultanahmet stop), so it's easy to get around to other parts of the city and Ataturk Airport.

The staff even surprised my girlfriend with a birthday cake one evening (without request or prompt!) as it was her birthday while we were in Istanbul.

I'd highly recommend staying here!

3  Thank idrinkpaint
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We spent a week here two weeks ago. The staff were really friendly. The buffet breakfast is amazing good. Great choice of food.
Very central so easy toget to all the main attractions in Sultanahmet.
We spent a wonderful week in Istanbul and we recommend the Hotel and team to any travellers looking for a Well place to stay

2  Thank yasskas