“Perfect Place in Beyoglu”
Review of Peradays

Peradays
Ranked #1 of 1,080 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our first trip to Istanbul and we stayed in two areas, the Old City and Beyoglu. Our favorite place was the peradays bed and breakfast. Located a few blocks off Istikalal Street on a street that might be hard for the taxi driver to find but we called ahead and Murat walked out and met us on the street. Peradays was recently renovated by a talented architect and it shows. Beautiful colors, design, furnishings, details that made our stay pleasurable and enjoyable. The room was small but the architectural details made it feel so much bigger and I justed loved discovering some detail that made the place just special and comfortable.

The breakfast was yummy, eggs fixed turkish style, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, bread, homemade jams, tea, yogurt and the breakfast area was next to windows that were below street level but still provided a view. It was cozy and comfortable.

The room: great shower and toiletries. Excellent bed and ability to close curtains and block out the light. Room very quiet. Didn't use the TV but it was flat screen and positioned over a small desk. The rooms that faced the street side 4, 6, 8 were larger and had a window that faced the west so the afternoon sun was delightful. We stayed in room 7 and the view was an adjacent building. There was a small table with 2 chairs on the terrace (fire escape) and a plant on it which was just a nice detail that was a welcoming touch.

The best part of our stay was our hosts, Murat, Murat and Bora. Everyone was so helpful with restaurant suggestions, places to visit and conversation. We are english speaking and Murat and Murat were very helpful. The last day Murat helped us with an airport transfer and getting us up at 3:30 am with a wake up call and delicious breakfast. He was so delightful, friendly and interesting. We were given a little gift and we'll always remember Murat's hospitality.

Most people staying here were younger than us and couples who were not too talkative but that was fine because our host was willing to talk with us when we needed advise on restaurants or just getting around the city. There are many restaurants nearby that are less touristy than the old city and filled with people who are locals. There was a good restaurant just a few meters away that had basic turkish food for a good price.

I would recommend this B&B because of the location, great breakfast and updated and modern furnishings. Food and service was excellent. Afternoon we had tea and bread that was just a nice pick me up from a tiring day of sight seeing.

When you see the front door of Peradays you will know that every detail was given attention. It has an interesting pattern on it and welcomes the visitor to a special place. Enjoy your stay at Peradays.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the west-even number rooms. They are bigger and have a view that looks out...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 April 2012

A friend and I used Peradays as our Accommodation of choice whilst in Istanbul based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor. The reviews were bang on the money. This a great place to stay and is tremendous value for money.

Murat and Murat are true stars who are always willing to lend a hand and will go out of their way to advise guests and to help out.

The rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfast is phenomenal and includes some sumptuous treats.

The location for the hotel is great too as it is a 5 minute walk from the main shopping street and a 10 minute walk to the tram which takes you straight to Sultanhamet.

In conclusion, a wonderful wonderful place, lovely hosts and highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Peradays is conveniently located in the lively Beyoglu district with plenty of nice restaurants, bars and shops just around the corner and not too far from Sultanahmet where all the main attractions can be found.

I've booked Peradays because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor. I was looking for a cosy place as we went to Istanbul for a special occasion - and we were not disappointed. The team at Peradays made our trip to Istanbul a wonderful experience. They try to go the extra mile for their guests in any perspective. Already before coming to Istanbul Murat and Murat were so helpful with advice and recommendations and whenever I had a query they would get back to me immediately. For our special occasion they recommended and booked a beautiful restaurant with a fantastic view and made sure a little surprise was included.

During our stay we always felt welcome and at home at Peradays which is due to the kindness and hospitality of its owners Murat, Murat and Bora. They would always welcome us with a smile no matter what time we returned to the hotel and ask about our day and experiences. Breakfast is delicious, freshly prepared and served at the table. Our room was very quiet and spacious enough for two people.

If you love a personal atmosphere and owners who care about their guests then Peradays is for you. We will definitely stay again at Peradays and would recommend it to our friends anytime.

Room Tip: Room #5 - very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Muniq
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I spent one night at Peradays in March 2012. I was by myself, and my hosts Murat and Murat took excellent care of me. My single room was comfortable and clean, and nicely appointed with toiletries, blow dryer, and good towels & bedding. The breakfast was delicious. There are good restaurants, shopping and night spots nearby, and the hilly Beyoğlu neighborhood is an interesting mix of old & new buildings.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lori Q
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My first trip to Istanbul and I spent 6 nights here. This guesthouse certainly deserves high praises.
- Rooms are simple, spacious and eco-friendly. Good wifi.
- Breakfast spread was delicious - esp the scrambled eggs and pancakes.
- Most of all, the hospitality and attentiveness of team Murats -- they recommended good local restaurants and activities to do; genuinely made us feel like old friends with our chats on various topics under the sun; helped with some admin requests for my flights out. To top it off, I was most touched that on our last day, they gave us a going away gift relating to Turkish movies that we had been talking about a few evenings before - how thoughtful and kind of them. (Thanks so much Murats! )
Bottomline: They go above and beyond to make you feel at home.

In terms of location - I initially had reservations not staying directly in Sultanahmet. But after the 1st day, I was glad we didn't end up there as it is too touristy. I much prefer the Taksim area as it is less touristy, has better eating options and interesting nooks and corners to explore.

Room Tip: Room 9 - large and right next to the balcony patio area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank karteblansh
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Just returned from a four-day/three-night break at Peradays in Istanbul. I couldn't recommend this B&B highly enough. The hosts were so warm and friendly, the breakfast brilliant (say yes to the pancakes and the scrambled egg) and the rooms modern and thoughtfully designed. Despite it's potentially busy location, Peradays is an oasis of calm. I didn't hear a peak at night and I'm a v light sleeper. The beds are nice and firm and they haven't scrimped on furnishings. I just hope I can get a room next time I go!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissJJC
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The warmest welcome at Peradays.The 2 owners Murat and Murat are so kind, warm and helpful. rooms simple, comfortable and chic. would recommend to anyone and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2012