“A special place”
Review of Peradays

Peradays
Ranked #1 of 1,070 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in Peradays for a long weekend and had a great time! The atmosphere was very welcoming and special. Even though our little child was sick we enjoyed our trip a lot (thank you again for your help and assistance at the pharmacy, Murat).
We are looking forward to our next stay in Istanbul, for sure at Peradays!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Peradays

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed at Peradays for 4 nights in April 2014 with our 8 year old son sharing our room. I find it difficult to fault Peradays on any level. They think of everything and are always one step ahead of you. Whether it is offering an Istanbul card to help you get around, tips with your itinerary our even surprise Birthday cakes - they manage to surpass expectations on every level. The location is ideal, close to public transport and walking distance to great restaurants, cafes and shops. We had a little balcony in our room (room 6) where we could enjoy the sunset and there is also a small room top terrace. The breakfast is served to you, not a buffet, but there is always little surprises and variations each day like crepes or omlette with sausage and freshly squeezed juices. The most memorable thing about Peradays was the service - such honest, friendly and considerate people - really a pleasure to be around. Never intrusive, always respectful and with such a joyful outlook on life. We look forward to crossing paths again in the future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brianjsparks
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We went to Istanbul for a long weekend, Friday to Monday, to celebrate my birthday. We love Istanbul and have been several times. This visit, however, was the best, and this was due to a great extent to the fabulous room and wonderful welcome we were extended by Murat, Bora and Murat. We enjoyed our conversations, the music, the treats (coffee, tea, nibbles), the superb breakfast, Ilach the cat's company, every detail, not least the birthday candle with flowers and locum. We felt so comfortable that one night we actually chose to stay in and enjoy the comfort of our room, on the top floor, with a private balcony as well as with access to a terrace with a great view of the city.
The building is gorgeous and attention has been paid to every detail. But it is really the warmth of the staff that makes all the difference. Murat, Bora and Murat take a personal and genuine interest in their guests, giving invaluable advice and making excellent suggestions as to what to do and where to eat. They make you feel like old friends. The young lady in charge of the kitchen is also extremely kind and makes amazing treats for breakfast.
The location is also good, a couple of blocks away from Iztiklal, and not far from Taksim at one end and Tunnel at the other. Going to Istanbul? Book your room at Peradays now!!!
Thank you Murat, Bora and Murat, also for my lovely gift. We will back, hopefully in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rsitman
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I arrived after a long night and day travel and was greeted by Bora and Murat upon check in and the time and advice they gave to me was much appreciated, it was like being welcomed by friends. The room was very nice and clean. The hotel is in a great location to shopping, restaurants, and transportation. I will add that the breakfast that was served to me was outstanding!! This hotel and its staff made my visit to Istanbul a more memorable experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed in Peradays as a group for 7days, and I can definitely recommend this small boutique hotel to anyone.

Location: steps away from the main shopping and food district, plus amazing attractions.
Staff: Very friendly, and always willing to help.
Breakfast: Better than any other breakfasts that you can have in Istanbul.
Cleanness: Extremely clean, with laundry service available within the hotel.

There is a reason why this hotel is ranked top in Tripadvisor. One of the best elements of this hotel is the staff. They will treat you like a genuine friend, and it is something you can't really experience in other corporate hotels. The owner of the hotel is always on site, treating you like a family member. I may even return to Istanbul to stay in this hotel one more time.

Don't waste your time looking at other small boutique hotels, and just go with Peradays.

Room Tip: Ask for Room #8. This room have a great view over looking at the city.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I just completed a 7-day stay at the Peradays Hotel, and was so pleased with the entire experience that I want to express my gratitude by sharing about how wonderful the it was. I have stayed at a range of places in my history of travelling from 5-star hotels to the cheapest of hostels, and across the board, this was one of my favorite of places that I have stayed.

The Rooms:
I stayed at the hotel along with a group of my classmates. The hotel has nine very charming rooms that were recently renovated – each one is a little unique. With a background in architecture, I really liked the rooms because they have nice lighting, modern fixtures/hardware, and beautiful exposed-brick walls. The showers are bright and spacious, and we always had hot water/good pressure. As far as I saw, all rooms were also equipped with a refrigerator, safe, closet, and storage space. The rooms are cleaned daily and I was always very impressed by how the beds were nicely made, the towels were replaced, and a few times some of my discarded laundry had even been folded by the maid!

The Staff:
From my understanding, the hotel is managed by two men – ironically, both are named Murat. One of them is on duty at the desk at all times, and they are SOO nice and incredibly attentive to the needs of the guest. They continually asked if they could help [us] in any way. They helped us coordinate travel to and from the airport, gave restaurant suggestions, and even helped me with mailing out international postcards to my family. During my stay, I was even asked by a manager if I had any suggestions/criticism for the place. It was always very clear that they take guest satisfaction very serious here.

The Breakfast:
Each morning, guests are served a breakfast in the main lobby. It is such a nice feature, because it was saved us from having to purchase the extra meal while out exploring. For those interested, the breakfast usually consisted of an assortment of fresh vegetables, bread and jams, sliced meat, and olives. They also serve you with an additional hot/cooked plate each morning (which was usually a form of cooked eggs with cheese or sausage). Tea, coffee, and juice were also served with each breakfast. The breakfast was consistently good and fresh, and was just one more thing that I loved about the stay at Peradays.

The Location:
I feel that the hotel is in a great location. It is a short walk to many of the main sights and shopping areas. At night, I would not advise ladies to walk around alone on some of the streets nearby, but overall I think the area seemed fairly safe. Getting to and from the airport is also fairly simple. The cab ride costs approximately $25 USD one-way, and the hotel staff is happy to help you arrange this transportation.

I am so glad that we chose to stay at Peradays during our week in Istanbul. I would definitely stay here again without a moment’s hesitation. A very clean and friendly place to stay – truly a “home away from home.”

Room Tip: The rooms to the street-side of the hotel have a better view out. (but don't worry if you do not...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Our stay was pleasant. The breakfast was great. Bora was a fantastic host! The room was clean and quiet. My only complaint was that the beds were so firm it felt as though I was sleeping on plywood. I felt like our satisfaction was very important to the hosts.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business