“Terrible customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #996 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I made the reservation at Husa Vizon hotel through Delta's relationship with hotels.com for an additional day in Istanbul following a cruise. The evening before, my elderly travel companion fell in Istanbul, broke her front teeth, injured her face and needed medical care. We had to return to the US a day early. At 7 PM Istanbul time, the ship's concierge called the hotel to cancel and ask for a refund. The hotel staff told the concierge that we had to call hotels.com, which he did. Hotels.com called the Husa Vizon and was told that no refund could be issued unless the manager approved and the manager was not on the premises. 5 calls by me to hotels.com and calls by hotels.com representatives to Husa Vizon ensued until hotels.com finally reached the manager who refused to issue a refund. Cancellation policy for the hotel was 6 PM; however, we called only one hour later and explained the medical emergency that caused us to cancel. I am shocked that Delta's representative would suggest this hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank valleyconsultant
HusaVizonTeam, Manager at Vizon Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have a negative opinion about our hotel.

If you would like to share with us more details about your experience, so that we can have a better idea about your comment, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: management@vizonhotel.com or by phone +90 212 233 0202.

Yakup Kaya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Four of us stayed here for 5 nights in late April - I choose it based on the reasonable price of rooms and that it was a very new hotel.

I took heed about the difficulty of finding the hotel, and printed out a street map from google, and I have to agree that it is tucked away in a very hilly textile/clothes manufacturing area. We also had a TomTom!! Both came in very useful.

Everywhere in Istanbul was incredibly busy, so taxi fares arose while you were stuck in the little street! We mostly walked 10minutes through all the fabulous wholesaler shops to the main high street, to Osmanbey (and Metro) where there were a whole variety of shops and restaurants.

The rooms were good, internet worked on our phones but not laptops in the bedroom, however fine downstairs in the lobby. Rooms were very clean and modern. Fabulous shower!

The breakfast was adequate, staff helpful enough! The small gym and swimming pool and separate hammam, steam & sauna were always empty, which was great as we used the hammam a few times in total privacy - wonderful. You could arrange for a massage or spa treatments I think.

All in all, we enjoyed staying at the Husa and experiencing the thriving designer clothes/shoes area of Istanbul, however it is quite a distance from down-town tourist areas, and due the level of congestion which we were told is common in Istanbul, we spend a lot on taxi fares.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank i-qah
HusaVizonTeam, Manager at Vizon Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear i-gah
First of all, we would like to thank you for the positive comments about our hotel.
We trully believe that the feedback from our guests is essential to continuosly improve ourselves. Therefore, we really thank you for the time you have spent on sharing your experience with us and are happy to know that The Husa Vizon Hotel and its staff have met your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you again whenever you come back to Istanbul.

Regards
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

I was put up here by a client on a business trip a few months ago. The first tip I'd give someone is to make certain your taxi driver knows where you are going. In the two weeks I stayed there I didn't find a single taxi driver who could find the place. Print a map of the area before you go and show it to the taxi driver.

The hotel is in a largely residential area so if you want local culture, you got it. IT's a few blocks walk to anything, but if you can manage 10 minutes of walking you'll find great restaurants. I'll try to remember a few of them and post future reviews.

The rooms are simple and on the small side but very clean and comfortable. I checked out a few of them during my stay and I would say that higher floors are better. I did get a chance to see one of the suites on the top floor as well. It was very nice but had no shower just a tub.

The hotel restaurant serves a nice, basic breakfast. I'm mostly a "Just Coffee" kind of gal at breakfast so I didn't have much but others seemed pleased.

There is no laundry service. Our two week stay challenged my clean wardrobe. I ended up buying a bucket and soap to do laundry in my room. I later picked up a fan to help dry things. Apparently there is no laundry service in Istanbul. None. This is what we were told by the hotel staff and by our business contacts in Istanbul. I see a business opportunity for someone.

The hotel staff was pleasant and professional but if you want any actual help seek out the younger of the front desk staff. I have forgotten his name, but he has a bit of a birthmark on his face and you'll know him by his cool charm and friendliness.

Overall, I'd say this place is a good deal and worth staying at.

Room Tip: Avoid the room on the lower floor that looks out onto the air-handlers! Pick a higher floor for a qu...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ElleBklyn
Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Well the interior of the hotel was nice, EVERYTHING ELSE terrible! The location, the room size, the staff, Everything!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank YaraN
HusaVizonTeam, General Manager at Vizon Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear YaraN,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not of your full satisfaction.

If you would like to share with us more details about your experience, so that we can have a better idea about your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: management@vizonhotel.com or by phone +90 212 233 0202.

The Husa Vizon Team

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Chisinau, Moldova
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

We needed a reasonably priced hotel for our family travel (which included 2 babies). We found this Hotel based on TripAdvisor. Chose it due to its proximity to the American Hospital, which we visited.

At first taxi drivers could not find the Hotel; but it was useful to have the phone # of the Hotel, and they would ring and get precise directions. The hotel is close to the Osmanbey metro and to the Nisantasi area. Sole disadvantage for us as a family was the hillly, difficult to climb streets. So if you have a walking disability, better not choose this hotel. If you're into sports, choose it!

Comments on TripAdvisor are correct. Rooms are newly furbished, clean, pleasant. I would not say they are small; Internet is indeed very fast and free (I appreciated this most of all; as it was key for me to stay in touch with work); the bathroom is very nice; cosy; and plenty of hot water. At first the airconditioning was not working properly, but upon request the manager resolved that. So we were happy.

Breakfast is not that great. Don't put much expectation. It is a minimum to survive. I hope this improves.

I would choose this hotel once more if I would need to be in this area.

If you're in Instabul to visit the Historical Site, do not choose this Hotel; choose something in Laleli region. Otherwise, you will have to take the Subway, then the Funikuler, then the Tram, just to get to the Historical Site.

Choose this Hotel if you need to visit Nisantasi (great shopping area) or some Malls like Cevahir.

Hotel staff is very polite; and helpful to call a cab, or to give directions.

I chose the Hotel for the combination of Location + price; call them, prices are a bit lower than nearby hotels; it is probably because their location isn't exactly central street.

Chosen for the right purpose this Hotel satisfied all needs.

Room Tip: There are rooms available so ask the manager to see several rooms before checking in. In Summer r...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Octasmail
HusaVizonTeam, General Manager at Vizon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Dear octasmail,

We look forward to welcome you again whenever you come back to Istanbul.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Stayed in Husa Vizon in September which was right when it opened. Brand new, spotless clean, good value for money, friendly and very helpful staff. Loved loved the bathroom. Its a block away from Nisantasi (an area I personally loved) and a 25' walk to Taksim Square or 5' walk to Osmanbey metro. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Wondrousalex
HusaVizonTeam, General Manager at Vizon Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2011
Dear Miuccia12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The Husa Vizon, your feedback is much appreciated. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again when your travels take you back to Istanbul.

Warm regards,

Corinth, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

My boyfriend and I found this hotel in Sisli/Nisantasi area on the internet. It ended up being a very good hotel with friendly staff, nice rooms and free internet.
The only drawback for me was the breakfast. It needed more variety, but I suppose this may be something personal.
Other than that, the hotel was clean, it was located at a close walk to Osmanbey metro station (one stop after Taksim square), but it was also nice walking down the hill to Taksim square as a morning excercise. The area around the hotel was very posh. All in all, our two nights in the hotel for 79 euros/night was good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank xpistinaki
HusaVizonTeam, General Manager at Vizon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear xpistinaki,

Thank you very much for your helpful contribution. We are really happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We have taken note of your comment about the breakfast variety.
Should your travel plans bring you back to Istanbul, we would be delighted to accommodate you once more.

The Husa Vizon team