We booked three double rooms from the 8th - 10th May 2014. All seemed to be normal with lovely rooms....until; (cue dramatic music)
- one room failed to close properly without first having to do a course as a locksmith.
- the drilling in the building next door began. Vibrating throughout the hotel for the duration of the stay.
- we were told they had made an error in their booking and needed our rooms back!
- and then it began to rain!!
Despite refusing to give up our rooms, as we told them this was their error, they threatened to evict us from the hotel. We capitulated and with a promise of a ten euro discount on the price of a single room we were moved to what I can only describe as storage cupboards....though that may be an insult to storage cupboards.
Before moving rooms the rain began to pour through the light fixture of one room...when we complained they said it was fine and we would be vacating that room the next day anyway. Great logic!?
When paying the next morning, reluctantly and after more debate, we were refused change when paying in cash, which more than covered their supposed discount. When returning home we discovered that our card had been deducted not only the original fare but also the promised discount which had been ADDED leaving us paying 20% more for two nights in this Faulty Towers of Istanbul. One night in a double room, which was essentially outside in a rainstorm, and one night in a mop cupboard.
After numerous ignored complaints we have been left with no recourse but to give a shocking review of this hotel and advise customers to avoid this place like the plague.
Hotel Promise – where they pledge to try and kill you before making you pay more than you agreed. If you are a masochist then this is the place for you.
Do not let this put you off beautiful Istanbul. This hotel is the exception to the rule.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel located one of most popular tourism centers of Istanbul.Hotel is a boutique hotel with 17 rooms.All rooms couple of tiem before upgraded all rooms has new decoration,our hotelclose the city centers and has easly transportion opportunity,hotel's staff can speak foreigner language(english,german,russian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Promise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.