“go special for it”

Neighbourhood: Grand Bazaar
Tel Aviv, Israel
“go special for it”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

donerci shain located near gate 20 of kapali carci, there is many doner places all over istanbul but this one worth a special visit. the place serve doner in pita bread or in roll, its come with tomatoe, onion and herbs, the meat is so juicy that you don't need any sauce with it you can drink ayran with it like the locals do. not to be missed!

Visited December 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
st-ferdinand,qc
“Not bad”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Following the extravagant reviews on tripadvisor, I went there for lunch expecting the world. I must admit this was my first and only doner, so I have little to compare. The meat was very tender but not very tasty. The bread was a very thick flat bread. It certainly filled me up for a reasonnable amount but when it comes to tasty meals in istanbul, it is good average street food, no more.

• Visited November 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Amazing Doner”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Thank you Trip Advisor.
I was visiting the Grand Bazaar and what to get a quick lunch. I saw the review and found this place. Normally I would not frequent a carry out like this. There were people lined up for Doner. Inside three people are working and there is space for two guests to stand. The doner was so moist and good it melts in your mouth. The staff is very polite. I have had doner in many counties and this place ranks in the top 2-3.
If you are visiting the Grand Bazaar you must go. A doner and a drink came to 15 TL or $7.5. Well worth it.

• Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Incredible. I'm dreaming about it.”
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Was the best sandwich I have ever eaten. My kids were moaning as they ate. Small place with unbelievable taste. 6 stars.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Best doner kebab in Istanbul”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Located just outside of the Grand Bazaar, this place is a world away from that kitschy scene. We found this place by accident the first time and could barely find our way back as all the streets tended to look the same! It's located outside the Bazaar in the jewelry district and is well worth searching for. I think it was 10 turkish lira (approximately 5 US dollars) for the most delicious doner kebab I've ever had in my life. Long lines of locals is what attracted me at first and I think the only reason this place isn't listed as the best place to eat in Istanbul is that tourists rarely can find it! This is street food, not sit-down dining. Grab a kebab and enjoy one of the best kept secrets in this amazing city.

• Visited November 2012