“THE best kebab I have EVER EVER had - nothing has beaten it so far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Donerci Sahin Usta

Donerci Sahin Usta
Ranked #380 of 13,399 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Grand Bazaar
London
“THE best kebab I have EVER EVER had - nothing has beaten it so far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We went searching for this place after three people told us how great it was but I don't think we were quite prepared for just how great it was! This is a tiny unassuming little hole in the wall - you could even walk right past it so keep your eyes because you do not want to miss this place at all. The meat is tender, juicy and succulent the flavours are simple but pack a huge punch. Wondering why your kebab is missing the usual chilli sauce and garlic? - well don't, the flavour of the meat and simple salad is all you need. The bread is also heavenly... I feel sad I didn't eat here every day i was in Istanbul. I can't wait till I can go back and chow down on these kebabs again!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank PinchyBoobmar

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Targoviste, Romania
“Probably the best Doner Kebab in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I found about this place from the staff of my hotel. After we visited Grand Bazar we managed to find Kilitçiler Gate and right there at 10 meters on the left is Donerci Sahin Usta. Meat is great, staff is great, sensation is fabulous!

• Visited January 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“go special for it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

donerci shain located near gate 20 of kapali carci, there is many doner places all over istanbul but this one worth a special visit. the place serve doner in pita bread or in roll, its come with tomatoe, onion and herbs, the meat is so juicy that you don't need any sauce with it you can drink ayran with it like the locals do. not to be missed!

Visited December 2013
st-ferdinand,qc
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Following the extravagant reviews on tripadvisor, I went there for lunch expecting the world. I must admit this was my first and only doner, so I have little to compare. The meat was very tender but not very tasty. The bread was a very thick flat bread. It certainly filled me up for a reasonnable amount but when it comes to tasty meals in istanbul, it is good average street food, no more.

• Visited November 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Amazing Doner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Thank you Trip Advisor.
I was visiting the Grand Bazaar and what to get a quick lunch. I saw the review and found this place. Normally I would not frequent a carry out like this. There were people lined up for Doner. Inside three people are working and there is space for two guests to stand. The doner was so moist and good it melts in your mouth. The staff is very polite. I have had doner in many counties and this place ranks in the top 2-3.
If you are visiting the Grand Bazaar you must go. A doner and a drink came to 15 TL or $7.5. Well worth it.

• Visited September 2013