“Amazing staff, gorgeous room & pretty street”
Review of Maritime Hotel

Maritime Hotel
Ranked #304 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Pulling into the postcard perfect street after travelling for 28 hours was lovely!

Room was gorgeous, super comfy bed and lovely decor, breakfast was yummy with a huge range.

The guy at reception was really helpful and a few days later our hotel door was knocked, I answered it to a member of staff with a (delicious) cake with candles and sparklers, singing 'happy birthday' to me! (It was actually my birthday by the way!). When I told my mum at home about it she said it was service above and beyond, and so nice it made her cry :) :)

Lovely all round, and because it was off season our room was half price too, yay!

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank becky191985

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I picked this hotel based off of reviews/location from Trip Advisor. Not only was I NOT disapointed, I was impressed! The hotel staff is the number one asset to this hotel. Friendly, accomidating, and honest kindness. I found myslef having lovely conversations with them on a daily basis. I had missed my bus to Bulgaria and even though I was already checked out they were so kind and helpful. Another BIG THANK YOU! The rooms were cute and clean; comfy bed-slept great. The breakfast was good with a little bit of everything. So close to the Blue Mosque and other attractions. I knew I was in a good hotel when a couple arrived and gave the manager a BIG hug as this was a return trip for them. Even the people at the shop across the street were kind, friendly, and helpful. Just a good hotel, in a good location, with good people. I enjoyed Istanbul very much and when I return I will stay here again!

Room Tip: I actually ended up staing in 3 differnt rooms as I was traveling around back and forth to other cit...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Kungfukristin
Reviewed 12 February 2013

First of all, I want to thank the friendly hotel staff who helped us to have the most beautiful vacation ever! Their help was invaluable to us! Hotel location is perfect, a few minutes from all the important things in the old part of the city. The rooms are clean and well equipped! All you need - is available :-)
For every recommendation! Istanbul: wow!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Aaaaadriana
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I flew from the UK and stayed for a long weekend at the end of January meeting up with friends who live in Europe. They had already booked and I was pleasantly surprised to get a rate less than EUR 40 per night inc breakfast and airport pick up from Ataturk.
My friends had advised me that they had been relocated to the hotel opposite due to a plumbing problem and I was concerned we would get split up , which would defeat the object. I emailed the Hotel Manager, called Defne, about this and the response was so prompt and helpful stating we would be kept together. As it happened we all ended up in the Mari Time.

The rooms are very clean and modern and have en suite with shower. There is a safe, mini-bar, tea and coffee and air-con. Rooms efficiently serviced every day whilst we were out sight seeing. The breakfast spread was a little basic, but sufficient in quantity. With plenty of bread, cheeses and a small hot buffet. But I knew this wasn't 5-star so was not expecting smoked salmon and champagne !

Whilst there is no bar or restaurant or leisure facilities this was an excellent choice because of the time of year we did not want sunbathing anyway. The location cannot be faulted with the blue mosque about 5 minutes walk away. It felt safe in the area too.

The most outstanding feature of this hotel was the service of all the staff. The guy on the front desk was superb. He even rounded off my trip by arranging me a transfer back to the airport courtesy of the hotel.

My thanks to Defne and all the staff at the Mari Time !!

Room Tip: There is no lift, so try and get the first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank BucksFlyer
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Wow! What a lovely place! I was struck by the beautiful old town location on first impressions and then by the warm greeting of Dephne and her staff who are amazing! We were given a coffee and homemade pastries which were well recieved after a long flight! The manager showed us a map and filled us in on everything to do and see, she was great ! Rooms were lovely. Breakfast was fab, when they saw I didn't eat much as I am fussy they offered to make me an omelette which was devine! The whole stay was fab. I even got a lovely gift from them which I forgot to say thanks for! I loved being a stones throw from great restaurants/cafes and all that Istabul has to offer.

• Stayed: December 2012
8  Thank bananaireland
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Stayed here with my wife on a two day stopover in Istanbul. There is a page of directions on the website which you can print out and jut show to the taxi driver at the airport.
The Hotel is situated in the old town within walking distance of all the main attractions. The staff were extremely friendly and as anothe reviewer mentioned the Manager even gave us her metro card to use for the two days!
on arrival we were provided with comprehensive advice on what to do and see on our short trip and provided with coffee and cake while our room was being made up. The breakfast was good and rooms well appointed. definitely glad we stayed here instead of in a big chain hotel and we are already planning another stay very soon.
PS there are lots of restaurants and a very old world cafe just across the small street and up a bit with wonderful woodburning fires, shisha and views out to see

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank minmaguire
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Maritime hotel was great. Excellent location close to the center with all facilities around it. Our room was big enough for 2 men and we got a wellcome letter from the manager which was nice. The staff /concierge are very cooperative and smiling all the time. The manager gave us her Istanbul card for all public transportation. The room was very comfortable and clean and the room service is available all the time. Our towels and pillowcase changed every day..The breakfast was excellent which contains fresh cold and hot dishes. Everytime when I go out for smoking my coffee is ready with my cigarette. I highly recommend this hotel for people who look for a family atmosphere and good service.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends