“Very nice Hotel.”

Ranked #303 of 1,148 Hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice Hotel.”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Hotel has outstanding service and management. We found the rooms and hotel facilities very satisfactory. Thanks to the staff for taking such good care of us during our stay. We look forward to our next visit at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 3xploring

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Quite place, nice rooms, good breakfast and very helpful stuff. Excellent choice for weekend vacation or business trip. Wifi was working all day and night. Also you can order great turkish coffee all day and night.
Only one negative - for 5 days stuff did not change our sheets. But towels every day was new and clean.

Room Tip: Ask bigger room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adventuregirll
Cicero, IL
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I highly recommend the Mari Time hotel if you're going to Istanbul to see sites like Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palaca, and the Blue Mosque. Not only is the hotel clean and not only does it have a nice rooftop seating area, it's just blocks away from the waterfront, from the Blue Mosque, from Arasta Bazaar, and from the Hippodrome. Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace, and the cisterns were a little farther away, but still within walking distance. Even better, there's a great mix of restaurants (with rooftop dining) and these great little food shops like Kucuk Ayasofia, where you can get homemade cheese, spinach, and meat boregi. There's no elevator and the street-side room we had on the first floor was a little noisy throughout the night, but it's still a convenient and not-too-expensive place to stay. The breakfast buffet in the basement is a little lacking compared to other places I've stayed at, but none of us ever left hungry.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EdK_IL
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I'm not a 4-star hotel kind of girl. In most cases I really don't spend that much time in a hotel room, so as long as the room is clean, quiet and the staff is friendly and reliable, I'm happy. Mari Time goes well beyond that for around $100 US per night. My fiance and I were there for 9 days and they couldn't have been more accommodating. Definitely take them up on their one-way free airport transfer. They were there promptly as I cleared customs, and a welcome sight after 14+ hours on a plane.

Their continental breakfast is yummy with an assortment of hot items, fruit, breads and local fare. And the staff speaks English rather well, and was always helpful and willing to make suggestions or give directions.

Mari Time is within walking distance from all the major sites in the old city and convenient to public transpo if you want to take a Bosphorus cruise or go over to Taksim Square. There's many awesome restaurants within walking distance too -- and despite what I read in many guidebooks -- were open late into the night. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: No elevator, but it's only 3 stories, so if you have mobility issues, it might not be the place...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ariesgal65
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I booked the hotel when I and my wife spend a couple days transit in Istanbul. It was very gorgeous. We brought to the top level with the street view. Once we get there we were going up to the rooftop and it was nice view of Istanbul there. Generally it was amazing trip with the hospitality perfectly offered. Thanks for all peoples in Mari Time Hotel..

Room Tip: There is no lift, for those who have problem with up-downstairs please ask to main floor. For liftin...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danang Q
London
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is a small hotel very close to the blue mosque and attractions in the old town area. Rooms were clean And reception staff were helpful. Breakfast wasn't to our taste but there was plenty. Good hotel and reasonably priced for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I, with two friends booked this hotel through a well known on line booking agency several months ago, paid for the rooms in advance and received confirmation for a twin and a double for single occupancy. We arrived late evening on the 6th of June only to be told that there were no rooms for two of the four nights we had booked. They claimed the on line booking agency had only informed them of the booking two days earlier ( you might ask why they did not inform the agency at once rather than wait two days and tell us literally on the door step.

The offered us two rooms, both doubles in a "sister" hotel. I left my friend and went to look. Both rooms were on the roof and could only be accessed only through the kitchen area where each day they prepared breakfast. Leaving aside the noise that would have started literally outside the rooms when they started to prepare breakfasts both rooms were in clear breach of fire regulations. If a fire started in the kitchen area there was no means of escape. The second rooms were in another hotel literally next to the old railway. The rooms smelt of damp, the curtains brown with age, but had a fantastic view of a rusting railway at the same level as the rooms outside. Both rooms had an air of not being used very much! The manager of the Mari Time explained that because the rooms booked had been discounted rooms via the On line booking company it would be hard to find rooms at that price. He made a half hearted attempt to offer to pay the extra out of his own pocket ( not very convincing) easily counterbalanced by the disparaging remarks he made to my friends in my absence. The real assistance came from two guys who worked in adjacent hotels who helped me find a decent hotel and advised me how to get my money back. They were both the type of helpful people you usually meet all over Turkey. We chose to stay all four nights and not return to the hotel for the last two nights for two reasons. Firstly would anyone want to change hotels on a weekend break halfway through? More importantly the attitude of the manager did not leave me with any confidence. When a Turkish friend phoned them for an explanation they refused to talk to her. To date I have not got my money back, and I am further out of pocket because the new hotel cost more for the same standard. So this hotel might be fine, the rooms may be ok, I do not know. What I do know is that assuming their explanation is correct they could have informed us before we eft and chose instead to hope we would accept rooms that if they were in the uk ( and I have been told Turkey) clearly breached fire regulations. I have been travelling to Istanbul regularly for 30 years, this was the worst experience by a mile.

Room Tip: Clearly can't comment on what it is like to stay there
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends